Nope, Can't Do That!

Whenever our pup Molly wants me to do something to benefit her little life, she will stare at me for as long as 35 minutes. I have timed her. Molly's staring-at-me marathons are unnerving and do creep me out at times. Molly stares at me the majority of the time for the following reasons: 1. She wants me to go outside and demand that my husband stop mowing the lawn. 2. She wants me to go outside and make the strong winds stop blowing. 3. She wants me to roam the neighborhood and seek out all the folks who are shooting off fireworks on the 4th of July, and once I find them, I am to make them stop shooting off those darn fireworks. 4. She wants me to go outside and make it stop raining. 5. She wants me to tell the neighbors to take their little yappy dogs to the shelter and put them up for adoption. 6. She wants me to make our son leave immediately when he stops by for a visit due my husband and I taking our attention away from her and giving it to him. 7. She wants me to tell the neighbors to fire the lawn guys who mow their lawns. 8. She wants me to give her a big piece of the not-cooked-thoroughly-yet boneless, skinless, chicken-breast meat my husband cooks in the crock pot just for her. 9. In the heat of summer and in the frigid cold of winter, she wants me to accompany her into the yard where I am supposed to stand for 2 hours and watch her sleep in the shade or in a pile of snow. 10. She wants me to call UPS and demand that not one UPS truck ever makes its way down our street again.
She knows you understand dog and is willing to stare until you realize it.
She just did the stare thing to get me to go into the backyard to stop the mowing by my husband. I get up and down so many times a day to make her stop staring at me for a while. Good exercise, I suppose.
What does she do if you stare back at her @Corbin5 ?
@rebelann She always wins. She will not look away. She is an odd duck!
he has a good life there that for sure.
Yes, a spoiled rotten life little Molly has.
Lol they really do have magic power in their stares.
She creeps me out so much I have to get up and do what I can do for her to make her stop.
I am laughing while reading this because I can imagine your Molly doing that or any pet for that matter. My cat usually looks away when I stare back at her. That is a long stare she has.
When our son visits, he cannot believe how long she can hold that stare. It creeps him out.
@Corbin5 When was the last time your son saw Molly? I remember what you said about her. Has she always been demanding? Have you had her since she was small? I bet it would creep him out. I know it would probably creep me out.
@Hannihar We adopted Molly at 10 weeks old. She was adorable as a puppy. She has always been demanding. My husband is holding Molly as a puppy in the photo.
@Cat1993 (503)
• South Africa
Ahhhwww send Molly so I can babysit her. She sounds adorable :p
She would love to have you babysit her. My husband is holding her as a baby in the photo. No way could we resist adopting that cute puppy.
@Cat1993 (503)
• South Africa
@Corbin5 lol I'll have to travel to the US to come babysit her lol. I joined dog grooming as a part time job, so she will get groomed for free as long as I can kiss her daily :)
@Cat1993 She will give you many kisses. If we need you, we will fly you over!!!!
@nanette64 (11968)
• Fairfield, Texas
LOL, I think it's time for a one-on-one with Molly @Corbin5 . I will buy her a pair of ear plugs, blinders and a body vest.
Ear plugs and a body vest sound like a good idea for Molly. She is so furry that the vest would have her sweltering, so that won't happen. As for the earplugs, worth a try.
@nanette64 (11968)
• Fairfield, Texas
@Corbin5 You could always put Molly on the phone and I'd try to explain things to her.
@nanette64 She sure isn't listening to me, and I do believe she would listen to you!!!
Poor Molly, I know that you love them, even if she is a stubborn dog who stares at you all the time.
Well, if we use humor and get a giggle from that staring, that helps.
@Corbin5 I cannot stand when the cat of my neighbor stares at me for many minutes, I can understand you are also annoyed.
@LadyDuck I often use a pillow to block my face so I do not have to look at her staring at me.
@Prshnth (738)
• Bangalore, India
staring for 35 min??? that's some serious dog..
Sometimes I hide my face to try and make her stop the staring.
@Prshnth (738)
• Bangalore, India
@Corbin5 dogs can be better partners than humans isn't it??
@Prshnth I agree, my friend. I do enjoy being in the company of dogs more than in the company of people most of the time.
At least she doesn't give an annoyed grunt when you do something she doesn't like. Any time I sniff or sneeze..the cat thinks it's a federal offense and gives me both a look and a grunt of annoyance. Molly's staring reminds me of the staring of Eddie the Dog on Frasier..!
Oh yes, I watched Frasier last night!! A Molly and Eddie staring contest would be a YouTube sensation!!! Not sure if Eddie is still around, though. Well, you have one very particular kitty cat!!!
@Corbin5 I have told him, I am not doing this just to annoy you you know...He doesn't buy it!
@alberello75 (11125)
• Genova, Italy
The 10 "commandments" of your Dog? I believe it was too spoiled. I do not want to blame you, but are you by my same idea?
Yes, my friend, we have spoiled her. Love "The 10 Commandments of Your Dog!"
@alberello75 (11125)
• Genova, Italy
@Corbin5 Also we in our family have a dog, even it is very spoiled!
@PatZAnthony (11765)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Molly has a lot of wants! Maybe you could give in on two or three?
Yes, we do give in on many occasions. That cuteness-factor works well for Molly.
@PatZAnthony (11765)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
@Corbin5 They own us and we know it!
She is so darn cute, that I know you want to give in as often as possible. Doodles controls every aspect of my life through his stares, and a progressively louder meow, as of late.
You and I are being held hostage. You by a handsome, staring, meowing kitty cat and I by a fluffy, staring, quirky pup. You know, we both get a straight shot to heaven, no questions asked, for putting up with those two.
@Corbin5 Lol! It's called pure and simple love!
@garymarsh6 (11898)
If only dogs could speak eh! She is a beautiful dog and quite clever she knows how to get you going!
Thank you for your kind words on Molly's appearance. She is one stubborn pup, that's for sure. Our other dogs were not as sharp as Molly, and they were so much easier to live with. Of course our former dogs were boy dogs, and Molly is our first girl. Girls are so picky!!!
@garymarsh6 (11898)
@Corbin5 Yes thats about it. I have just got through the first chapter of " How to understand women". 25,000 pages!
she's got'cha well-trained, eh? i can seriously relate to yappers. the new folks 'round here 've 4 pups who've no manners 't all. i've nearly broke 'em 'f their annoyin' habit, though the owners aint got a clue 's to why they've quit barkin' 't 'bsolutely nothin' :)
Well, if you keep working with those dogs that do not belong to you, I bet they will turn into very polite dogs!!! We love Molly due to her quirky ways and cuteness-factor, but those stares creep me out.
@Corbin5 i confess to cheatin' with those folks pups. i've a pet zoom thingy that sends out a signal that don't hurt 'em, but ceases their incessant barkin' 't nothin'. i reckon i'm spoilt? the pups here don't carry'n fer no reason. they'll e'en tell me if'n the intruder 'tis 2 legged 'r 4. red's a specific bark to lemme know 'f a jail break with the horse, 'nother if'n one 'tis down. i can somewhat relate to the starin' eyes, though the pups here don't freak me out (okay...red's do coz they're green, lol). my constant companion 'll gimme the stare down when she wishes fer a back rub.
@sueznewz2 (8778)
• Alicante, Spain
I can understand her wanting rid of these interuptions to an otherwise idyllic life.... your her P A lol.. our dog stands in front of us too when he wants something.... so I know how you feel... its hard being under that stare sometimes ... lol
Yes, those lengthy stares have a tendency to creep me out.
@sueznewz2 (8778)
• Alicante, Spain
lol, my dog will stare to get my attention she wants to go outside and pee...
Well, Molly has a 24/7 exit and entrance doggie door that leads to the fenced backyard so her staring does not mean she needs to pee. It means she wants me to go out there and keep her company while she pees. Geeeezzzz!
@Corbin5 Ha, Ha... well she just wants you to watch.. animals are funny
@silvermist (14869)
Molly is quite demanding indeed.The interpretation of her stares by you is very interesting.
Well, that stare of Molly's sure does creep me out due to the length of time she can hold that strare.
@silvermist (14869)
@Corbin5 And that intensity of the stare comes out well in the photo.
Thats a long list. Very demanding
Yes, that list is a long one, and I could have added more, but Molly was staring at me to get me to go out and make my husband stop mowing the backyard. I went out, but told Molly no way could he stop.
@Corbin5 lol. So cute
@vandana7 (55373)
If ever there is anybody who deserves Buckingham Palace, this is the creation. She does have flirty eyes..
Yes, her eyes are amber-colored. Oh well, we have created a very stubborn pup. It is all our fault.
@vandana7 (55373)
@Corbin5 .. Nah...she looks adorable. :)
@ShifaLk (7312)
Haha she interferes alot lol
She really does. Never had a dog that was as demanding as Molly.
@ShifaLk (7312)
@Corbin5 aww heeheh