My husband invited me to NYC tomorrow

He has to go into Manhattan tomorrow morning for a work meeting. He said kind of off-handedly to me this morning "you can come with me if you want". I didn't know if he was joking around or being serious. I was half-asleep at the time so I didn't follow up with him at that time. When he called me this afternoon I asked him if he was serious when he said something about me going to the city with him tomorrow. He said I was welcome to join him as long as I could keep myself busy for an hour or so wandering around by myself. I'm back and forth about what I want to do. On one hand, it sounds fun to go in with him and at least go out to a nice lunch together. On the other hand, it is a lot of time driving and on the train when you consider the distance there and back. It is supposed to be 90 degrees and humid tomorrow. And, if I stay home, I will be able to go to the gym and get the grocery shopping done. I don't know what I'm going to do.
Hmm trip to NY sounds good. As gym and shopping can be done anytime really
I have to see what his plan is. Plus we'd have to be able to get out of the city pretty early because the traffic coming back south on Friday of 4th of July weekend is going to be brutal. I want no part of that.
@NJChicaa eh may not be too bad. Every year is different here, and this is a two way on and off place
@Courtlynn oh no. It WILL be bad. It is always bad every single year. You can count on that just like illegal fireworks my neighbors will be setting off all weekend.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I would stay home and sleep in.
Yeah the more that I think about it, the more it sounds like a bad idea. Trying to get home from the city on the Friday before 4th of July is going to be a nightmare. He can deal with that one all on his own! We live at the beach and that is where all of the city people spend their holiday weekend. They invade us.
NYC? That's nice!
yeah but I don't think I'm going to go.
@NJChicaa Ow...
@TheInvisibleMan We can go in any time.
@Mike197602 (13501)
• Worcester, England
I'd go if I was you
I forgot that tomorrow is a big travel day for the 4th of July holiday. Traffic getting back home is going to really suck unless we get out of the city early. It will probably suck even if we do. We live at the beach and everyone will be coming from the city and up north to spend their weekend right where we live.
@Mike197602 (13501)
• Worcester, England
@NJChicaa so you didn't go then?
I think you're going to choose the gym and shopping. I will wait to hear later on.
Yes I think so. I was leaning towards going in until I remembered that it was the Friday of 4th of July weekend. Heading back south towards home on the Parkway is going to be a NIGHTMARE. Traffic will be terrible all day. Everyone from the city and up north is going to be heading right to where I live.
If I were you, I would go there. Especially it is near weekend and you can have a good time together. Just regard it as romantic trip and it will be so nice.
I like how you consifered the pros as nd cons of the situation my therapist would call it talking (or thinking ) out the situation. I think you make some valid points I t think you should go with your instincts. I can only imagine the traffic as I would not. Go to the Pittsburgh fireworks as it's crazy traffic so with more people probably drive from NYC
My son and his family are heading to the beach in the Hamptos for the weekend. They live in Manhattan. However, SAKS and all the great stores on Fifth and Madison Ave have a/c!