Just Another Birthday

Image: Magical Sweetgum Tree Leaves - Gus Kilthau
@Ceerios (4756)
Goodfellow, Texas
Just Another Birthday - Eighty-Six. Yup, just another one of those doggone birthdays. Well, I do suppose that a person has to put up with 'em as long as the breathing keeps on going. Today I decided to hustle things along a wee bit. It is just now getting into the real summertime, so I thought it might be fun to pull the autumn days along. Down the trail I went. It was plenty, plenty hot today - a real scorcher sun was beating down on my old hide - just a burner of a sunshine. So I guided the little electric scooter deal underneath a shade tree. That tree happened to be one of our favorite trees - the kind of tree known as a "Sweetgum" (the long name of which is Liquidambar styraciflua - enough of a name to frighten even the Pope in Rome...) I made a photo of some of the leaves as I looked up into that Sweetgum tree - nice dark green leaves they were, too. Well, darkgreen was not at all autumn-like. So, when I got the image into this old computer, I hit it with the app called up by part of a program called the "Magic Marker." I was going to make this an image as colorful as autumn leaves can get using all of the magic I could find on this my 86th. Hope you like it. That image made even an old goat like me come up with a smile. I am having a happy day of it, color or no color - and I hope that you are having a good day, too. Image: Magical Sweetgum Tree Leaves - Gus Kilthau
@pgntwo (21758)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Happy Birthday, Gus, love the recolo(u)red leaves
@Ceerios (4756)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@pgntwo - Friend PGN - Thank you for the kind greeting. It is fun to me to learn that you like bright colors. So do I, and I also like bright people such as PGN. -Gus-
@carebear29 (28625)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
happy birthday
@Ceerios (4756)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@carebear29 - Ms Nikki - Every day can be a happy day for those who want their days to be that way. I appreciate your kind greeting. -Gus-
@carebear29 (28625)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
@Ceerios every birthday to me is just another day. i am a grinch for holidays
@Ceerios (4756)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@carebear29 - Ms Nikki - Essentially, grinching holidays is also where I reside. -Gus-
@sabtraversa (13348)
Happy Birthday! Yes, lovely photo, blue is such a typical autumn color! Just kidding.
@sabtraversa (13348)
@HAPPSINGH 12th November.
@Ceerios (4756)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@sabtraversa - Ms Sabrina - Now, THAT is a fun comment. I suppose that, without blue color, there would be no green - only yellow and brown. What is interesting about the autumn leaf color changes is the chemistry of sugars and chlorophyl in the leaves. Big words for little leaves. -Gus-
Happy birthday!! That is a very pretty picture. =)
@Ceerios (4756)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@LovingMyBabies - Ms Jennifer - God made the tree. The "Paint,Net" students made the "Magic Marker" color-changer deal, and I made it out of bed on my birthday. Great scores all around. -Gus-
Wow congratulations on hitting the 86 yr milestone. Nice graphic of your pretty tree and glad you had a good day and plenty of smiles
@Ceerios (4756)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@Marilynda1225 - Ms Marilyn - Thanks for the nice thought. I kinda go for what our old TV pal, Marvin Zindler, used to say about age. He would often declare that it's "hell" to get old. He was a fairly old duck himself - fewer feathers every day. -Gus-
@vandana7 (66110)
Happy birthday. :) That is a great photo, if I may say so..:)
@Ceerios (4756)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@vandana7 - I am happy to have pleased you with the photograph - and I am glad that I looked upward at those leaves of the Sugargum Tree. They were crying out to have their portraits made with the little camera. -Gus-
Happy Birthday! I hope more blessing to come.
@Ceerios (4756)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@Shavkat - Would it not be a big blessing were the calendars to be reversed from time to time? -Gus-