My neighbor and I had a nice talk.

We are doing Christmas now for our loved ones. I told her I changed things up this year. Instead of giving gifts to everyone. I a giving one care basket for the entire house. I am tired of all the gifts pouring out in my living room. I am tired of giving all the best gifts and being slighted with trash. I think it will work for me if I do it that way. I am buying a lot of the items from the dollar tree. Never ever would I do that but this year I am. My mom and siblings will get like always.
Why do people say things like that, like the dollar stores are bad? I'll never understand it.
I love the dollar store and it's my favorite place to shop. But I would not want someone to shop there for my gift. I know it's nice to get a gift but it would be nice to be thought of in a better way. Most of my gifts are above $50 I would be insulted with what someone gave out last year. I know it's the thought for some people. For me it's more. Someone here gave someone a coloring book and pencils for christmas. For me that was not a gift to be given unless it's an ordinary day and your just picking up something. The person gave to them a nice amount of cash. I would have felt like shi.
@sharon6345 honestly, stop thinking about the money and think of the meaning. And of Giving. Not recieving. You arent supposed to give, to recieve. My mom and I give all the time, not just at Christmas, and we never get a thing back from anyone. Yeah it sucks but we give to give. If someone wants to give us something back then great. But thats not the goal. You can buy $10 worth of stuff at the dollar store and make it a good gift just from what you pick up and it being from you. Pisses me off that people are like that when it comes to gifts. Be grateful you can give and receive anything at all as theres people who dont jave a dime ti get their lived ones gifts, and people who dont have family to recieve gifts from.
That would be the case if it were truly how it is. I give more than anyone I know and that anyone could vouch for. And I might be wrong but let me share something with you. I don't give anything for anything in return. I am posting all the time about what I give and I am not given anything from them in return. I think what happened was out of spite and not the thought. For my family members. I gave two cases of diapers,two cases of wipes. 4 gift bags with bath and body works and on supplies. Personalized tote bags. A gift set for the young boys and husband with body care items. Educational books and toys for the kids. I will stop there. For my gift, I think someone was upset with me. And she has yet to speak to me since Christmas. Well, my godson's mom had nothing to give me. She went to Walmart and bought me a tiny set for $5 I took it and knew it was the thought that counted. Well, my family member gave me the very same gift. And I am almost positive it was out of spite. Before I give anyone a gift like that I would prefer to give them an envelope with $5 in and a note to buy a snack on me. I don't know for the life of me what I could have done to her except the one thing I know she flipped out over. I could not find her and asked my nephew in law for her. she called me and went bonkers and not one call since. I message her, Facebook and all and nothing. Oh well, forgive me for not passing trash off as a gift. But that could have been kept and she could have bought a pack of meat for her house with that. Something else just crossed my mind that I would like to know your thoughts on. For mother's day, I bought my neighbor a $60 handbag. Kay got the same purse for her birthday a day later I think. I had only seen the purse online. I knocked on my neighbor's door to find out if she got her package. She said she did get the package. I asked her if I could see the purse in person since I only saw it in the catalog. She said she would show me. Not once had she shown me or carried it. I see her all the time with her bag on her shoulder. Not only that she never told me to thank you for the gift. I think she gave it away or sold it. Should I be ok with her not showing me the bag in person? Thanks.
For a long time now, I´m giving out presents only for the little ones. The rest get homemade jams and other things I can make. I don´t have money for expensive presents with so many people I care for. It is different if it is a birthday present as there is only one person.
That could be good for a few people on my list. But I am going with the less cost for me. That would be the head of household.
@sharon6345 That´s a good idea.
@Prshnth (847)
• Bangalore, India
i think Christmas is probably like the biggest festival ever
That is true about us here.
I don't blame you. I quit buying gifts several years ago.
I might be there really soon. I am spending more money than I want.