July - Are We Going To Break The Record?

A sunflower in my garden - LadyDuck
Switzerland
In the Northern Hemisphere, July is the warmest month of the year. Three different agencies, have confirmed that July 2016 has been the warmest July since the data are collected from 1880. Will this July set a new record? I hope not, we had a few too hot days at the end of June, but today is a warm and sunny day and I like this temperature more. Several countries celebrate their Independence Day in July, this include: United States (July 4th) Venezuela (July 5th) Argentina (July 9th) The Bahamas (July 10th) Belgium (July 21st) The Maldives (July 26th) and it is National Day for Canada (July 1st) France (July 14th) Are you leaving for vacation, or you stay at home this month of July? The photo is a sunflower in my garden.
• Lakewood, Colorado
A beautiful sunflower Anna. Perfect. Not going anywhere staying home. July is sweltering heat here usuallly.
Thank you, as soon as the seeds show up, the birds will feast on it. We also stay home and I hope it will not be too hot.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@LadyDuck In any case, I will stay in when it is too hot or take my trusty umbrella over my head. Enjoy July Anna
@TiarasOceanView Inside the house is never too hot, especially on the lower floor.
Thats a beautif;l photo I hope we do not break amu ueat recprds thats for sure.
Thank you Patsie, I hope it will be the cooler and not the hotter. I cannot stand the heat anymore.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@LadyDuck After a few days in the 100s, we've had more moderate weather here over the past week or so.
@TheHorse We were also in the 100s last week, but we are back around the 80s, the nights are fresh, at least a cool air comes inside with the windows open.
Your sunflower is beautiful Anna. I love sunflowers and they remind me of my mom who had them in her garden. July is usually a very hot month and since I hate when it gets too hot I am hoping we don't set any records this month. No plans for vacation this summer and I do wish I was going somewhere but it's not in the cards.
Sunflowers reminds me the hot sun of summer. We have nothing planned and I hope that we are not going to break the record. For the moment it's colder than usual and I like this.
Love your happy flower! I do not like hot and sticky temperatures and I certainly hope that nobobdy will break their heat records this year.
Thank you Marlina, I love sunflowers too. I hope it will not be hot at all, I cannot stand the heat anymore.
@LadyDuck Same here, I loved the heat when I was young, but now I find it to be more like torture than enjoyment.
@marlina I cannot remember that I suffered so much when I was young. Now I immediately get tired and I cannot stand the noise when it's too hot.
I love the sun flowers.Our plant finally coming in.Thank you for the information on this. We will not be doing much this month of July.The usual going to the beach for a day or so. No big plansHow about you?
We have no big plans, we will go for daily trips to the lake, or to visit some small villages in the mountains the hottest days. Have a happy July Alfredo.
@LadyDuck sounds good there.I love the idea.
@sabtraversa (9793)
June was really bad, I just hope July won't overdo. What a beautiful sunflower you have there, by the way!
Thank you Sabrina, I love sunflowers, they are "happy flowers". June has been too hot in the middle and miserable in the end. I hope that July will not be too hot.
Tonight I noticed the weather forecast and it seems it is not as hot as the past days in Europe now. And that's nice. We will have a travel from July 30 and we will be back on August 6. I hope we will have a good time.
We had thunderstorms the past few days, this morning not only it was not hot, it was COLD! I hope not to have a too hot July.
@LadyDuck No wonder the weather is colder so much compares to the weather forecast I watched before.
@youless We went from 37º Celsius to 18º Celsius during the day, my poor plants are confused.
@Platespinner (18472)
No big vacation plans this summer (though we do plan to go to Canada for a week in July), we're saving up for a trip to Germany sometime next year!
We are not moving during July, may be some short one day trips to some villages on the shores of the lake, if there is not too bad traffic on the roads. A trip to Germany will be pretty expensive.
@LadyDuck the expense is why we will be saving scrupulously for the next year. Our oldest son is working in Bavaria for the next 15 months and we want to take the opportunity to visit him.
@Platespinner I remember you wrote about this. Is your son already in Germany now? He will be happy when you come to visit.
@CinnamonGrl (5796)
• Paradise, California
Not in a position to go on vacation this year, unfortunately. My mama needs me. We had a solid week of 100 degree temperatures recently, and in June, that wasn't the usual. Normally that may happen in late July or August. So it doesn't bode well for the rest of the summer. We in the U.S. do have our holiday coming up, but I'm doing nothing for it. My mother is in the hospital. She's much better but she will need more help than usual when she gets out, probably. Anyway it's too hot to do something outside.
We also had a full week around 100 F and this is very unusual for Switzerland. The last three days we had torrential rain, hailstorms and thunderstorms, today is almost cold. I hope your Mom can recover soon. We are staying home, my husband has several doctor appointments.
That sunflower is beautiful. I will be home in July - not sure about August.
Thank you. We will also be home in July, too many tourists around.
Your sunflower is gorgeous! i had heard July 2016 was the warmest on record but didn't know July is always the warmest month for the year? I don't plan on going anywhere as I will be a stay at home. Even though my sister did invite me to go on a Disney cruise with her family and three god friends that are a couple and their daughter. I declined to go as she is going too long and I am afraid to fly to get to Florida where the ship is parked
Thank you Jennifer, I love flowers. A Disney cruise is surely interesting, but I can understand that you do not feel comfortable to fly to Florida. I think to remember the Disney ship are docked in Fort Lauderdale.
@LadyDuck I am not sure where the Disney ships are parked. I know my sister and family are spending some time in Florida first going to Cape Canaveral for two days.
@Marty1 I think that some of the Disney cruises depart from Port Canaveral.
Beautiful sunflower. I think climate changes are happening all across the globe, it could be a normal phase for our planet because it goes through phases in 1000 or 2000 year increments and no one lives that long so naturally for us it seems odd.
We encountered a very stable phase during the last few centuries, but it's moving now. I hope for a not too hot July, today is perfect.
Yes we did @LadyDuck maybe it will stabilize once again for another couple centuries, only time will tell though.
@rebelann We will not be there to know, but this is how it has been since the beginning of times.
@bunnybon7 (33027)
• Holiday, Florida
thats a beautiful flower you have. i sure hope July will not be hotter as these last days of June was nearly the end of me.
We had a terrible heat wave from June 22 up to June 27, then thunderstorms and pouring rain and July started a lot less hot than usual. I hope it stays this way.
@bunnybon7 (33027)
• Holiday, Florida
@LadyDuck me too! same here happened
@bunnybon7 I would prefer a colder than usual July than a very hot one.
What a bright coloured sunflower !Here July is supposed to be dog days,however today there is no hint of hot day,instead, it rains cats and dogs all day.
Thank you, it's a beautiful sunflower. Today is almost cold here. We had several hot days in June, but not today. July is always the hottest month here.
@LadyDuck Here two days have been into July ,it has been rainy days. I have had it and would rather have hot days than rainy days.
@changjiangzhibin89 Too much rain is a problem, we had a little shower yesterday, today is cloudy and fresh, not as hot as usual.
@crossbones27 (15120)
• Redlands, California
I hate my birthday. In August hottest month of year here. Not cool when you a birthday boy. Oh well I just do fire shots and toast the weather as I pass out in the sand.
Do you have your birthday in July? Well, it's a nice moment to celebrate.
• Redlands, California
@LadyDuck No, but July gets me trained. lol
We stay home due to my elderly dad's health being quite unpredictable. That is one lovely sunflower. A nice, big one to enjoy!!!
We do not move in July, my husband has plenty of doctors appointments and this is not a nice month to go away, too many tourists.
@sishy7 (27216)
And here I am cranking up the heater as the month has started with the coldest temperature so far this winter down here... Next month (August) seems to have also several countries celebrating their Independence Day including Switzerland, I believe. Beautiful sunflower you have there!
Switzerland celebrates the foundation of Swiss Confederation on the 1st of August, you remember well. Today it has not been hot at all, we only had 11 degrees Celsius this morning. After the thunderstorms of the last 4 days the temperature has dropped.
@thelme55 (11777)
Beautiful sunflower. No, I will be here at home this summer. Our weather is cold here and I hope summer sunshine will be back again. Enjoy your Sunday Anna.
It's cold here too today Thelma. We will stay at home July and August, it's not the better time of the year to travel, too many tourists and high prices.
@thelme55 (11777)
@LadyDuck so true. Better take a vacation when all the travelers are working again. That way the prices are getting cheap.
@thelme55 This is what I think. If you have no fixed days for your vacations, it's better to wait when the others go back to work.
I didn't realize so many countries celebrate Independence days this month. That's a great picture of your sunflower. No, I'm not going on vacation this month, but I am planning to celebrate Independence Day and my birthday, not on the same day. Also my older son's is this month.
My father had his birthday in July and my niece too. We are going to stay at home and I hope for a not too hot July.
@LadyDuck It would be wonderful if it's not hot. However, the odds are against it.
@just4him I have checked the local forecast for the month of July and it seems we are not going to have a serious heat wave as we had at the end of June. I hope it's true.
Staying home like every year...I hate the heat we are having already here.
After a few fresh days, the heat is back today. I hope it will not last for too many days.