Car Wash

@Raine38 (9117)
How often do you wash your car? Living in the midwest, during fall ad winter I know I need to wash my car often to avoid corrosion due to salt build-up. But during summer, I tend to neglect and put off washing my car even though I can legibly and clearly write my name using my finger on the hood. With the good weather, I tend to do my errands and enjoy being out and going to the car wash always gets pushed at the least of my priorities. Finally, this morning I was able to swing by the car wash before they got busy and my car was able to get its much needed "shower". I paid $7 for the basic car wash, my boyfriend has a membership with the same car wash but I do not find it very practical as I only drive around town. Now during winter is when he gets to maximize the use of his membership. Which gives me an idea that a year's worth of car wash membership is a good birthday gift.
That would be a great gift, a car wash membership for a year. My friend always gets that gift from her in-laws. I could wash my home at home, but I do it myself at the car wash. I let it go in the summers, though.
@Raine38 (9117)
It is cheaper in do it yourself car wash. We have some around town where you just insert some coins and you use the wand for the soap and water and the scrub brush. I am short so I cannot reach my SUV's roof top.
@Raine38 I am short too and have an SUV. I use the car wash at which I insert quarters. I forget about the top of my SUV since I am too short to reach it too.
@Corbin5 @raine38 how interesting. i didn't know there were do-it-yourself car washes. aside from cheaper, do you also finish faster?
I used to wash the car every saturday while we were out yard saling. Don't drive anymore so I can delete that chore from my list.
@Raine38 (9117)
Ah, what a treat! Any chore that you can cross off your list is wonderful.
@Raine38 .......Yes, isn't it though.
We havent washed our car the whole three years weve had it
@Raine38 (9117)
Oh wow, but I am sure you do not have the crappy weather that we have here. The weather here can take its toll on the car's exterior.
@Raine38 we have bird poop and pollen on in. We dont care. Its a car. Used to get you places not make you look good.
Not too often.With all the rain we have been having.This will take care for now.I wash the car once.Have to say did not have the energy for this. Too old I guess.LOL
@Raine38 (9117)
Oh I also do not bother when it rains here.
If you live in a place where it rains a lot, let nature perform the car wash!
@Raine38 (9117)
True that! Unfortunately here in the midwest, we can have all the weather from four seasons in a matter of days. There was one time we had all the seasons in a week!
@hereandthere (29691)
as in writing "wash me?" hehe. where does the salt come from? where does it build up?
@Raine38 (9117)
During winter, the city maintenance would put out salt to prevent icy roads. This splashed to the car especially on the undercarriage.
@Raine38 i remember a balikbayan saying that's what rock salt is for, unlike here, we use it while cooking.