14:42

Psychologically I have been on my summer holiday since leaving work on Thursday. In real terms, I still have tomorrow to get through and then my summer holiday from work can begin. 14:42 I will not leave a minute later. Term doesn't actually finish for us lowly term-time only staff until end of play on Thursday, but I had twenty-four hours of annual leave to take so tomorrow at 14:42 my summer can truly begin. I have plenty of things to do to keep me occupied. My garden needs a bit of TCL. We're getting a new living room floor. I have at least one barbecue to go to. There are an awful lot of tellybox programmes I need to play catch-up with. Maybe I'll get on with doing some writing. I feel some genealogy research may be in order. I'm pretty sure I'll be taking part in some research at Hospital in August. I need a smear test. Qyzy needs a booster. And before I know it the end of August will have arrived and I'll be grumbling about how much I didn't get done. I really need to stop wishing my life away ... One more day. Just. One. More. Day.
While I read I think the day is passed and you are now officially on summer vacation. Do not think too much, relax and do what you feel you like to do. Tomorrow will be the end of August.
I hope tomorrow never comes. Well, not for a long time anyway!
@Poppylicious I hope too, not for many weeks.
• Preston, England
hope your leave period goes really well for you
I read this wrong, which wasn't the wisest thing to do!
• Preston, England
@Poppylicious just my hope that the time you are off is productive and not too much hard work for you
You poor love..I know what you mean..thats what I do wish it away..but soon you will be joyous in summer, not long now
And it's begun ... :)
@blitzfrick (2911)
Do you feel that anticipation is part of the pleasure?
I think so. I feel a bit deflated now my long holiday has begun. :)
@cahaya1983 (10036)
That's a lot of things to keep you occupied for sure. And I agree, time flies! But I prefer having too much to do than not knowing what to do. Enjoy the summer!
Thank you. I will!
@Nawsheen (22922)
• Mauritius
Enjoy the holidays. You definitely have lots of things to do. Some of them seems to be fun
Only some. Some fall into the boring must-do category. :)
Ahhhh, such freedom awaits!!!!
Freedom has arrived!
What do you need a smear test for @Poppylicious ?