Gearing Up for Independence Day

Image from Pixabay https://pixabay.com/en/united-states-america-eagle-flag-2419179/
@AliCanary (1780)
It's the evening of July 2nd here, and my neighbors have been setting off some fireworks. Everyone gets excited about having fun for Independence Day on the Fourth of July. My husband has tomorrow and Tuesday off for the holiday, and he is taking vacation days for Thursday and Friday, so he has a one-day work week next week. We haven't planned anything special, but we did go out to dinner last night and had a nice meal. I am planning to go to a cookout on July 4 at my girlfriend's house, and may plan more things. The city has some fun events downtown, like a parade and concerts and fireworks, and all of those sound good.
@silvermist (19800)
Good to see you.So enjoy your Fourth of July celebrations.What did you have for your dinner out?You always order something special..
@AliCanary (1780)
I had a very nice pork chop in a sweet bourbon glaze. I never make pork chops at home, so it was a real treat. It was cooked perfectly!
@silvermist (19800)
@AliCanary Glad that you enjoyed your food.Did you watch the movie Wonder woman?
@AliCanary (1780)
@silvermist - Yes, I saw it twice! It's fantastic!
They shoot fireworks off one of our local mountains here. We can walk out of our front door and see them perfectly. That's what we'll be doing.
@AliCanary (1780)
Oh, that sounds great! I wish I could see a fireworks display from my house.
Thats nice Ali..if he could have had Wed off as well maybe you could have gone away. Happy 4th to you both and family. We aren't going anywhere fine with me.
@AliCanary (1780)
Yes, we don't tend to travel for this holiday. We went to the beach once, but it's very expensive and crowded.
• Waltham, Massachusetts
Wow that all sounds wonderful. Have a happy holiday!
@AliCanary (1780)
Thanks! Hope you had one, too!
• Waltham, Massachusetts
@AliCanary You are welcome and I did thanks.
@sol_cee (14333)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Japanese dish too?
@AliCanary (1780)
No, we usually eat sushi when we go out, but we ate good old American food this time!
@sol_cee (14333)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
@AliCanary sounds yummy. haha
@vsai2008 (7667)
Advance Happy Independence Day :)
@AliCanary (1780)
Belated thank you! :)
@vsai2008 (7667)
@AliCanary de nada :)
@sishy7 (27667)
it's here now... you're probably out enjoying the day... Happy 4th of July!
@AliCanary (1780)
Yes, I had a fun time at the cookout, and I did get to see some fireworks while driving home!
@Nawsheen (22942)
• Mauritius
Happy Independence Day. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal. Since your husband is on holiday maybe you can plan such things again. Have fun today. Will you be lighting any fireworks
@AliCanary (1780)
Thank you, we don't usually set off fireworks ourselves, although sometimes we go out to see them.
Enjoy your 4th of July festivities.
@AliCanary (1780)
Thank you! We had a lot of fun. Hope you did, too!