Chess Tournament

Photo is mine
@ilocosboy (27990)
Do you know how to play chess game? I know how to play game but I don't know how to win. I know how to move the pawns, rooks, horses, bishops, queen and king but unlucky fir me I dont have the experience, patience and the strategical know how to kill the king. That is why I'm so amazed with these children know how win and play the game. I guess the secret is to nurture them while they are still young. The photo was taken durung the chess tournament in our city.
@josie_ (4410)
I know the rudiments of the game but my grandchildren beat me in chess.
@ilocosboy (27990)
Ha ha, me too, a 2nd grader can easily beat me in chess board game.
@aishanee (449)
• Cuttack, India
What an amazing view!it is a nice thing to play chess. It sharpens and hones your thinking abilities. Keep going :)
@ilocosboy (27990)
I have already stopped long time ago but still I know how to play
yea i know somewhat to play chess game. for that you should be sharp and should have concentration and brilliant. i may not that much in all.
@ilocosboy (27990)
and also patience, waiting for hours for the opponent's next move. and its not me at all, maybe this is the good reason why I only know how to play the game.
@ilocosboy yea very correct. by practice we can be a good player i hope.
@ilocosboy (27990)
@YrNemo (5556)
My guess is, anyone with a very good memory, would have a strong chance to be a winner of this sort of game. I have never learned since I have a very short memory. (I did play something similar when I was a child, and constantly lost to a friend who could remember 1001 moves.)
@ilocosboy (27990)
1001 moves, that is really a memory game, I can only memorize up to 3 moves and lost after 10 moves, he he.
@YrNemo (5556)
@ilocosboy When the gift of memory is not given, the person is often blessed with some wits, in order to survive. Guess we are the ones who could think a bit (just a bit) faster than the average (just enough to get out of certain sticky situations! ).
@ilocosboy (27990)
@ridingbet (34615)
how young were these kids? i was the lone competitor of the sophomore year high school, but i lost due to default. i arrived in school late. hahaha!
@ilocosboy (27990)
Oh you lost by default, well that's the rule
@ridingbet (34615)
@ilocosboy yes, but i was happy i was the lone contestant for my year level.
@Tracy04 (10660)
I know the rules of moving chess piece but I don't know how to make a win lol
@ilocosboy (27990)
Were the same
@Tracy04 (10660)
I have not played chess in a long time. I was good at it when I did play.
@ilocosboy (27990)
Really, why did you stop?
@Elisa1234 (7655)
I do love chess and I know how to play this one. Do you know how to play Sci-dama? / Dama?