Love Savings Money!

A few days ago I drove Tony up to the pic n save grocery store ( Piggly Wiggly store, they just renamed it but still owned by the pig) for him to look for ribs for me to cook for him on the 4th., being so close to the holiday that had jacked the price instead of on sale, but that was okay because I did pick up a few things "I" could use around the house. I really do not agree with using any type of throw away stuff but when you have a shut in, they tend to make a mess and I am not fond of sink after sink of dirty dishes, I once made a joke about this saying " If I could get out of the kitchen I could clean the rest of the house." so I bought some throw away plates. Deal : 4 packs, 50 count Hefty plates $1.22 each = $4.88 Used two $1.00 off two Mft. coupon, Paid $2.88 for all four And by now most of you have to know about me home canning food I grow or trade for, or buy at the farmers market. If I make jam or jelly I need fruit pectin to make it set. Well, the Ball canning products company puts out coupons each year, sometimes twice, but a couple weeks ago I got them, then a friend gave me MORE. I thought $2.99 at walmart would be the cheapest but it was not. The pig is! Deal: 4 Boxes -2 packs per box - Ball liquid fruit pectin $2.52 each = $10.08 Used four $2.00 off each Mft. coupons = $2.08 Total before coupons was $14.96 I paid $4.96 By just using coupons I saved $10.00! Since I have more of these coupons I will do this deal again, I will get a payday today! How have you saved money on things you use at home?
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I buy a lot of stuff when it's on sale plus and just plan meals based on what I get on sale. I'm also a huge fan of dollar tree especially for cleaning supplies.
Yes I red your savings discussions.
Well done!!! Those coupons really do come in handy! I also compare prices and go for the lower price the majority of the time. I lose coupons, so I just comparison shop. Had not heard of Piggly Wiggly stores in such a long time, but my mom used to pick raspberries on the acre of land my parents owned in the 1950s and sell the berries to Piggly Wiggly.
Cool, its been a long time since we sold anything to a grocery store.
I lose coupons too! But i don't comparison shop I only get to a grocery store at certain times and only go to one and don't get to other stores! have to take what I can get regarding rides!
@Marty1 Well, I think you do just fine without comparison shopping. Just buy generic brands when you can to save money. That is what I do.
those were some good savings and I'm always looking to stretch my budget. WTG!!
Thank you, thank you very much! I have to if I want other things in life. Before coupons I was in the poor house, barely making ends meet.
@andriaperry everything is just so darn expensive that getting savings like you did is a windfall
I look for useful coupons and keep track of weekly sales offers.
Me too, here lately not that much is on sale that we use. BUT its a good month to stock on ketchup, and mustard.
@vsai2008 (7667)
I hope we had more coupons :)
So you have any coupons in your country?
@vsai2008 (7667)
@andriaperry There are, but I haven't had any :(
@prashu228 (25805)
Wow that's good deal s. I should start saving from now.
Does your country have coupons?
@prashu228 (25805)
@andriaperry not for coupons but to buy with saving s
@1hopefulman (24996)
I rarely buy anything other than fresh produce. If I see bathroom supplies on sale I will stock up a bit.
There are always a sale on toilet paper with coupons.
Once again you are a great shopper and so thrifty Andria! I usually use the just 4 u coupons on the Safeway site as well as coupons in store.
And you save money with those!
@andriaperry I do..Safeway is a bit expensive over here but its close and saves me train fare from going elsewhere.
@Platespinner (16588)
Good for you! I'm so anal about not using disposable stuff I even have regular dishes for camping. My nod to laziness was replacing my melamine with Corelle so it could be washed in the dishwasher at home (and used in microwave in hotel rooms).
I was SO against using any of it but Tony is messy! I do not have a dish washer, just my hands standing up in front of a sink.
@andriaperry oh, I do understand. I don't use the dishwasher a lot, but once or twice a week (usually on the weekend), it's really NICE not to feel obligated to wash dishes by hand! Without that dishwasher I'd be tempted to use disposable stuff as well!
Those are great deals. We use shop your way points to get home stuff for free or very cheap at kmart.. which we need more paper towels and plastic cups.
All the Kmart stores have closed around here, Sears as well.
@andriaperry so many have. Theres rumors ours will be at some point but doubt it.
Really? They jacked the price up before the holiday? That seems odd. We got all sorts of stuff on sale the other day.
I noticed this years ago because I used to drive people, old people weekly to the grocery store. When one thing is on sale something else rises a penny or more to cover costs. The ribs went up as well as the steaks, hamburger meat and hot dogs went on sale. These throw away plates were on sale at the pig but walmart and dollar general NOOOO.
I save on a lot of stuff shopping with retailmenot.com coupons online.
Thanks for the heads up, I might just take a look at that site.
No I do not.Once in awhile .Most things we do not need.
I understand.
@jobelbojel (6564)
That is already a big savings - and a big amount here in my country. Way to go friend.
Thank you!
Talking about the throw away plates reminds me that I should start stocking up on some - including cups and knives and forks. When a serious hurricane strikes those can be a great help. I try to save when possible.
I do not like using them BUT... sometimes my hands need a break1
I don't bother with coupons. I used to look every week through them but there never were any for things that I use. The food ones were all for processed crap that we don't eat. So now I don't even look any longer. I just shop the sales that I see at the store from week to week.
I remember that my Mom used the fruit pectin when making jam.
Yes that is what I use it for, although I do not eat that much jelly or jam I do give it as gifts around the holidays.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida