There ought to be a law...

By JJ
Heartbreaking, really. The eagle...the proud symbol of our nation...desecrated by so-called 'artists'. Those that don't slowly starve to death are killed by the toxins in the colors used to paint them. Help save America...and eagles...by reporting these cruel images when you see them on the Internet.
• Lakewood, Colorado
No heartbreak today thanks..
@mandala100 (24087)
@JolietJake I agree with you my friend. I wonder if those people could even be called an "artist"---they are no worse than the Vandals.
@vsai2008 (7632)
That's true @mandala100 why do they do it in the first place, I am unable to understand
@mandala100 (24087)
@vsai2008 Me too. maybe for the sake of vandalizing or destroying an iconic symbol.
@vsai2008 (7632)
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I'm not sure how to react.....
LOL!
@DWDavis (11151)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
With righteous indignation and steel-hearted resolve to end this despicable practice, that's how.
@CoralLevang (37113)
@vandana7 (56732)
Is it for real or are you being your usual self...do they really paint eagles like that...insane...
Of course I am being serious...I'm always serious
@vandana7 (56732)
@JolietJake ... Oh the always serious kind...I get it..
@WorDazza (8245)
• Manchester, England
I'm beginning to suspect somebody painted you many years ago and the lead is slowly seeping into your brain.
@SonjaRae (5797)
Hmm. Well. I am not quite certain how to respond. I'm a tad slow and might need some time to think about this. However, I am going to give you my immediate reaction to the image. I find it beautiful. I recognize the American Eagle as beauty and strength, and then wrapping in the eagle in the colors of the American Flag just makes this much more majestic. Having sons who served in the US Army, there is a sense of pride and respect that fills me.
But the paint is poisonous!
@SonjaRae (5797)
What is wrong with people when they do things like that.
@DWDavis (11151)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Some people just have no respect for avian rights.
@ridingbet (34645)
hmmm, these people should have the very first original set of keyboard and no apps at all so they cannot photo shop the mighty eagle that represents your country
@RubyHawk (20733)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I did not know anyone would do such a horrible thing. It should be against the law. When we lived near the lake eagles nested in the tall pines. I don't believe anyone ever harmed them. I would like to think so.
• Riga, Latvia
Thank you for the information. That is awful. I certainly will put in a protest any time I can. However are you sure you are serious about this? I mean lol who would, could paint an eagle. Has to be the trick of the Internet or am I not getting something here.
@CoralLevang (37113)
OMG. *just read this AND all the responses* Just OMG. You have to admit that it really must take an eagle whisperer to get the majestic eagle to sit still enough for the intricate stars.
Sometimes the sarcasm just goes flying off into the sunset
@CoralLevang (37113)
@JolietJake Yeppers.
@DWDavis (11151)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@JolietJake I keep searching the web for a sarcasm font. Haven't found one yet. Some people really need one or they miss out altogether.
I do my best to save every eagle on a coin.
@DWDavis (11151)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
More people need to take a stand and act the way you have. They just don't understand how much better off they'd be.
@DWDavis (11151)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Such desecration of our proud national bird is a pox upon the land that must be brought to an end. We cannot lose our national symbol in the name of artistic freedom!
It's beautiful. You seemed bored.
Oh goodness...the image is beautiful.
Gosh, I cannot believe that there are idiots doing this. Poor eagles, I think they are even a protected species, but who take care to check if the laws are respected?
@DWDavis (11151)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Now that the budget for the Forestry Service has been cut, there is no one out there to protect the Eagles from these rogue avian painting artisans.
@DWDavis I am so sorry to hear that this happens.
I may have been abused like this in a self ... wait I painted my self so am I trying to kill myself?? Now I knew why I cant breath so good and may be losing hearing in one ear... toxic paint!
@DWDavis (11151)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
It's probably why you had so much trouble catching fish with your feet. LOL.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I'm not sure how to react.....