Closer To The Sun...The Great Ball Of Fire!

@mandala100 (25004)
Hong Kong
I wonder how much is the cost of Parker Solar Probe to be launch on July 31, 2018? It is dubbed as "The Mission To Touch The Sun" by NASA. It's mission? To get closer as 4 million miles from the sun. During it's 7 year mission, the Parker Solar Probe will orbit the sun 24 times. The sun's surface is said to be 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit, while its corona is said to be 3.5 million degrees Fahrenheit. There are so many mystery and questions about the sun on why it doesn't consume itself despite its tremendous heat and fire... Any idea why the sun doesn't burn itself out despite it's tremendous heat? Will the Parker Solar Probe not melt as it goes near the sun?
@alberello75 (12944)
• Genova, Italy
I can only tell you what I know about the Sun. It is comparable to a hydrogen bomb. It is presumed that in about 1 billion years, it could explode, because it will terminate its "hydrogen tank". The Earth, will be literally swallowed up by this explosion! ... Better not even think about it ... Are you agree?
@mandala100 (25004)
@arabello75 That's so very alarming my friend. The good thing is that we'll no longer be here 1 billion years from now. If the sun will explode then it will be the end of everyhting right my friend? Thank you for your views on the matter my friend.
@alberello75 (12944)
• Genova, Italy
@mandala100 So the scientists predict. Not at all.
@mandala100 (25004)
@alberello75 Yes my friend some scientist has theorized that. How are you today?
@Tracy04 (10696)
Wow, it burns!
@mandala100 (25004)
@Tracy04 Yes my friend! That's more than the heat of the cremation!
@Tracy04 (10696)
@mandala100 hot and I don't like hot
@mandala100 (25004)
@Tracy04 Ok you don't like hot my friend that's very cool!
• Pamplona, Spain
If it does get that close to the Sun then maybe it can see what we ourselves cannot see about it. There must be a lot of things that will be found out about it and hope so. Our Sun is strong and beautiful and where would we be without it?
@mandala100 (25004)
@lovingangelsinstead21 If there will be no more sun then I think this is the beginning of the end of life here on Earth.
• Pamplona, Spain
@mandala100 Just how I see it also and so many of us. Although the Sun is very very strong right now we need it to survive thank goodness no one can own it.
@mandala100 (25004)
@lovinangelsinstead21 Yes you are absolutely right about that.
@ridingbet (36258)
it has a core that keeps it forever lit.
@mandala100 (25004)
@ridingbet That's right my friend.
@ridingbet (36258)
@mandala100 have you watched the movies Armageddon and The Core? these movies deal with the earth's core. Armageddon dealt with the problem outside the planet, in space, while The Core solved the problem deep inside the earth's abyss.
@mandala100 (25004)
@ridingbet Those are very interesting movies my friend!
If the scientists are unable to reply to your question, how could we? The only sure thing is that the sun, doesn't have enough mass to explode as a supernova. In about 5 billion years, it will turn into a red giant star. It is still unclear if the Earth will be engulfed by the Sun.
@mandala100 (25004)
@LadyDuck I just hope that our scientist have the theory or explanation. Wow! That's a long time 5 billion years!
@mandala100 He will no more be here to know.
@mandala100 (25004)
@LadyDuck I just wonder what will be the stage or state of Human Civilization 5 billion years from now and before the sun turned into a red giant red star?
@ilocosboy (31654)
Surely the Parker Solar probe will melt when it gets closer to the sun. Well, the main reason in that question is that its one of the wonder from our Lord.
@mandala100 (25004)
@ilocosboy Yes my friend perhaps indeed it's a miracle why the sun is not self-destructing itself despite its tremendous heat.
@ilocosboy (31654)
@mandala100 the universe rhe most mysterious thing in the universe, the most fascinating that were always amaze of.
@mandala100 (25004)
@ilocosboy You are right my friend. Since the dawn of time human cicilization is always amazed and fascinated by the Cosmos/Universe.
Bring plenty of sunscreen.
@mandala100 (25004)
@JohnRoberts Yes you are right my friend---the sunscreen gets the radiation out!
@blitzfrick (2996)
I like your last question. In my opinion, they should've named the solar probe Icarus.