If I only drink 1/2 a cup of 1/2 caff, does than mean no caffeine?

CC0 Pixabay
@DWDavis (15035)
Pikeville, North Carolina
In an effort to reduce my caffeine intake, my missus bought me some half-caff coffee for me to use for my second cup of the day. The desire to reduce caffeine intake was mine, not something my lovely wife forced upon me. Being a math teacher, I started wondering about the possible outcomes of drinking half-caff. If I drink two cups of half-caff, is that like drinking one full caff and one no caff? If I only drink half of the half-caff, does that mean I had a quarter of the caffeine? I don't know the answer to either of these questions. Well, actually, mathematically speaking, I do. What I don't know is the effect of the total caffeine consumption. The other thing I know is the only reason I'm giving any thought to what's in my coffee is to avoid working on book edits. Guess I should get to it. What are you up to this Wednesday the 5th of July?
Being prone to kidney stones - the doc said I can drink one cup of 'regular' coffee a day or all the decaf I want - I do one cup of 'real' and you can have the decaf...ugh.
@DWDavis (15035)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
My doc told me to drink only two cups of hi-test every day and plenty of water in order to keep my kidney stones away.
@DWDavis I always did drink a lot of water - also not to eat beets, celery, and a zillion other things.
I do not know the answer but it sure is a brain exercise. I hope you get your edit done today then DW. I am not giving up caffeine but found a great coffee without it if I need to.
@DWDavis (15035)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I got quite a bit done. Finished the first part of the book. Now I need to refill the self-discipline tank and sit down to finish the second part.
@pgntwo (22753)
• Tripoli, Lebanon
Ok, so: It takes 4 people 3 hours to dig a hole 1m x 1m x 1m. How long does it take 2 people to dig half a hole?
Oh how I love this group!
@pgntwo (22753)
• Tripoli, Lebanon
@CoralLevang A wholly sincere comment there too, yes?
@pgntwo yes, I would never say that if it were not true.
@nanette64 (18081)
• Fairfield, Texas
You would faint if you knew how many "POTS" of coffee I drink per day @DWDavis .
@DWDavis (15035)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Back in my Army days, I would drink 8 to 10 cups of coffee a day.
@nanette64 (18081)
• Fairfield, Texas
@DWDavis 24 cups is about my usual. Way too much.
@nanette64 Omg!!!!
@Tracy04 (10815)
5h July... I remember I finished my day with MyLotting and watching korean dramas
@DWDavis (15035)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Do you speak Korean? I remember watching shows on Korean TV when I was stationed there in the 1980s. My favorite as Apa, Uri Apa? It was a comedy about a single father with a son who was always trying to help his father find a new wife.
@Tracy04 (10815)
@DWDavis I'm not a Korean, but I can as a conversational, a bit. I don't think we can't write korean characters here. Mylot doesn't read other characters. Wow 80's.
@Ronrybs (7931)
• London, England
I didn't like the taste of decaff, so instead I've been cutting down how much tea I drink. Have cut it in half and now have four cups a day. think I shall knock another cup off the total
@DWDavis (15035)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
You cut back from 8 to 4 cups a day. That's quite some willpower.
@Ronrybs (7931)
• London, England
@DWDavis When I was working shifts, some days would see more tea than that disappear!
@TheSojourner (17298)
You could take half decaf and half regular and have a full cup of coffee
@DWDavis (15035)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I could do that, though it would be tricky with the Keurig. That would give me one cup with 3/4 the caffeine.
@DWDavis you could buy one of those fill them up yourself things instead of the Keurig cups that are pre-measured...you can also set it up where you use a bigger mug and run through the pre-measured K-Cups 8 oz through the regular and 8 oz through a decaf for a 16 oz half and half
I too like maths. But this has gone over my head Wait a minute. You did drink something that had caffeine in it and so you did have caffeine may be less. Or do I need to read between the lines Time to get back to editing.
@DWDavis (15035)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
The writing between the lines said, and I quote, "Stop being lazy and edit the darn book!"
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
Get back to those book edits! I haven't done a whole lot besides read, write and do laundry.
@DWDavis (15035)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I finally did and got quite a few finished. I also formatted about 18 chapters for paperback publication once I'd made the edits.
I don't need caffeine for a 'pick me up' so I am quite content with decaf.
@DWDavis (15035)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I will often drink decaff when I don't want to wake up and see the world as it really is, LOL.
@Hate2Iron (8029)
LOL... grab a nice cup of real coffee and get to it!
@DWDavis (15035)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I did, and I did.
If you have just one more cup of half-caff, I bet you will get started on those book edits!
@DWDavis (15035)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
LOL, I think you are right.
@crossbones27 (21982)
• Redlands, California
Pretty sure means you drink a quarter of what you used to, but do not feel bad I will drink 3 quarters for you.
@DWDavis (15035)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I'm touched that you would do that for me. It means a lot.
I didn;t do much today and am getting ready for dinner at 4 pm and then will probably lie and read in bed to get ready to sleep pot may do some my lotting! I might not lie in bed until 7 pm and then take my night meds to help me sleep and be in bed at 8 pm! Or i may not, I don't know for sure!!
Still drinking the strong stuff here, but have cut down to one big cup a day.
@DWDavis (15035)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
How big is that one big cup? In my book THE BOY FROM BUZBY BEACH, the coffee shop served a 32-ounce coffee called The Bucket.
@DWDavis Not that big lol usually between 10 or 16 ozs, 10 if it's extra strong 16 for like a iced mocha.
@DWDavis (15035)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@TRBRocks420 Ever since I discovered Iced Coffee, I tend to drink it more often than I do hot coffee. Here in the south, there is much more incentive to seek out cold drinks.
@moffittjc (46204)
• Gainesville, Florida
I will sit their and lecture people who drink Red Bull and Monster energy drinks about how bad all that caffeine is, and then sit there myself and drink coffee and soda all day long. I'm definitely a caffeine addict, and I've slowly started to reduce my consumption. I don't know that I'll ever give up coffee or even go to de-caff, but I have been working hard on reducing my soda intake. Baby steps.
@DWDavis (15035)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I gave up soda, except for the occasional serving at a fast food place now and then, a while ago, but coffee will always be me go to morning beverage.
@moffittjc (46204)
• Gainesville, Florida
@DWDavis I have reduced my soda consumption tremendously, but still drink too much of it. But I do find that as my soda consumption decreases, my coffee consumption increases.
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
Book edits are no fun so I understand the mental tap dance. Have a good day and good luck on the edits.
@DWDavis (15035)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
After two marathon days spent doing nothing but, I finally finished the edits and the formatting of the manuscript for printing. The files and cover art are with the printer now awaiting approval.
I get the math. I don't drink decaf. One, possibly two good cups of coffee a day is all I want, not need. I hope you can cut back on the caffeine, if that's what you want. Now get back to those edits and get your mind off coffee. LOL!
@DWDavis (15035)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I finished the edits - YAY! I rarely have more than one regular coffee a day and then decaff for the remainder of the day if I want more coffee.
Please teacher, I am so awful at math!
@DWDavis (15035)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
That's why you need the practice.
Caffeine does not do anything for me.LOL
@DWDavis (15035)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I've been drinking coffee since I was 17, so my body has gotten used to it. In the Army, I would drink 8 to 10 cups a day.