Been just over a year

@sallypup (26570)
Moses Lake, Washington
I grew up with the hype: drink your milk. At one point I even knew where that milk came from: from Lisa, the very aged Guernsey that Jones the butcher sold to Dad. Dad hid her behind the barn cause he thought she looked terrible. He'd feed her super good grain and nope, still skinny for a senior cow. But its been a year with hardly any milk or butter or cheese and you know what? I am still here and apparently okay since my blood pressure is in good order and I've lost over 35 pounds. I also grew up with sweet milk. Mom did not care that I put sugar on already sweet cereal. So I grew to love sweetened milk, preferably cocoa. I could and did drink quarts of the stuff. I have quit the swill before but last year I said enough! And meant it for that day then the next and the next. Every so often I continue to indulge in a banana cocoa almond milk shake but no cow milk. And no white, refined sugar. Bye bye childhood!
@alberello75 (17114)
• Genova, Italy
Instead, I drink milk for another purpose. I take medicines that "unleash" my appetite (For example: OLANZAPINA), I do not want to go overweight. I do not want to exceed 80Kg! Drinking one or two glasses of milk (of any type: entire, thin, skimmed, semi-skimmed, etc.) makes me pass the "desire to eat". At the moment it semms work!
@sallypup (26570)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@alberello75 I'm curious what cow breeds are common in Italy?
@alberello75 (17114)
• Genova, Italy
@sallypup In Italian countrysides, there are still breeders who take milk from cows. However, there are also industries where everything is automatized.
@sallypup (26570)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@alberello75 Lots of automation here, too but robots can't produce milk! Not yet, anyway.
@TheSojourner (17448)
I ate a Snickers bar, so tonight, ate refined sugar and milk chocolate. I remember as a kid, eating the marshmellows out of the Lucky Charm cereal.
@sallypup (26570)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@CoralLevang I ate the Lucky Charms dried out marshmallows, too, then stared at the corn bleh! cereal left. That's how my addiction to sugar got started. Go you!!
@sallypup I did the same thing. And I to have a sugar addiction, I'm sure.
I have an allergy to the preservatives in milk, put me in the hospital. I do Almond milk now if I want anything milk.
@sallypup (26570)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@andriaperry We're generally drinking almond milk, too. I had some hemp milk the other day and got a bitter after taste that wasn't fun.
@MGjhaud (20742)
We had cows when i was young. Milk was part of my breakfast every single day until such time. Then i told myself after, that i am never buying milk from the grocery ever haha..
@sallypup (26570)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@MGjhaud Sounds like a happy childhood.
I could never drink milk it curls in my tummy and comes back up.
@sallypup (26570)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Lactose intolerent?
Yes our parents did not know what they were giving to us mine the same. I was reading on the Palao diet that milk, cheese and so on is out.
• Pamplona, Spain
I rarely touch milk as such to drink. The taste and the texture has been changed it is not the milk that I drank straight from School that was milk.
I still love my regular milk, but I don't over do it, because messes up my stomach if I have too much.