It Was A Very Distressing Day

the anti-fungal cream
Yesterday, I consulted a dermatologist with my big toenails that seem to have fungus. Indeed, four of them have fungi, she said. Two were the littlest toenails, right toenail and the second to the littlest on the left. She recommended that I should have my affected toenails be removed through an operation by a doctor I know. That way, it can be medicated well and the nails will grow nice again. They are painless anyway, she said. I was distressed on the first place, because of the said operation. Secondly, because she has prescribed me expensive medications and supplements to make the nails and hair strong as well as the skin. I only bought the antifungal cream and creamy soap from her beautiful and well-equipped clinic. I went back to the office and asked my two close officemates if I will have my four toenails removed. It will just be of local anesthesia. They told me that since I don’t feel any itch nor pain and that they don’t have pus, why should I. Besides they said their littlest nails were also dead already yet they aren’t bothered. In addition, my big toenail looks well. I felt relieved to hear that. I hope the cream and the soap will kill those fungi.
@ridingbet (33426)
do you use your shoes even while your feet are still wet? that is one condition that a fungus grows, especially the shoe is an enclosed space good for thriving of fungi.
@ridingbet (33426)
@SIMPLYD i see. well, good for you, my lady, because you can use open toed shoes or sandals in your work, unlike us who should use pair of closed white shoes and knee-high white stockings as well.
@ridingbet But we will again be using closed shoes because we will have our new uniforms.
@ridingbet (33426)
@SIMPLYD really? then, i can imagine you, my lady, in your skirt and blouse, or pants uniform with close shoes, that you might look like a supervisor already, but you are in a higher position than supervisor, am i right?
Having your toenails removed sounds like an extreme measure to me. Fungal creams do work for the majority of people.
Yes, that is true . I was shocked. But she further explained that it's because the fungi are at the nail bed and could be inside the toes' fingers. I am now treating it with the cream and the wash soap.
@josie_ (4350)
I hope the medication works. Do you have any idea where you got them? Maybe you should wear open toes footwear in the meantime. I also suspect your pedicurist has unsanitary nippers and the fungus might have come from her other customers..
@louievill (15561)
Ask for a second opinion, doctors in our country would sometimes recommend procedures that cost a lot and are too invasive whereas threre are other alternatives, I won't have my nails removed either if it were me
Yes, that's what I noticed with this dermatologists. She prescribed a lot of other supplements and she has them all in her clinic. Well, I don;t wonder because she has to have lots of clients because her clinic is a class one. She has some cubicles for different procedures.
That stuff just pays the mortgage it' way too expensive.
Yes, that was what I was thinking. Good thing, she's accredited with our health card so I didn't pay for the consultation fee. But the prescribed supplements and another medication was so expensive.
• Pamplona, Spain
Should clear up and try to wear open sandals and wash feet in chamomile infusiion not hot of course just tepid after it has been steeped about ten minutes and let your feet dry natural if you can I would use kitchen paper for the time being to dry off the main part of it and discard it. A lot of shoes that don´t let the foot breathe are the culprits.
• Pamplona, Spain
@SIMPLYD Still I would wear sandals that protect your toes but at the same time let them heal better. Well that is what I would do as the shoes I have right now are only for winter so its thank goodness the sandals I have although they are a bit too open let my feet breathe and the sun get to them. I have to be careful as well as there is not much grass to walk on here.
@lovinangelsinstead21 Yes, I agree, we have to let our feet breath while wearing shoes. Did your nails had fungus too?
• Pamplona, Spain
@SIMPLYD No, I caught mine under the door the kitchen door because it has a sharp metal edge and I was lucky there the toe nail has grown back good. However I look after my feet as the shoes they make and sell here are quite awful if you don´t realize what you are buying.
@ilocosboy (25313)
What's the cause of that ?
@ilocosboy (25313)
@SIMPLYD let it die and let it born
@ilocosboy I will just keep treating it until it's finally nice again.
@ilocosboy (25313)
@SIMPLYD if the nail fall down, new one will come
@responsiveme (12632)
I hope so too...The creams etc should help. Also you can always ask your daughter and take a second opinion
I am positive that they will. As to my daughter, I haven't told her about it actually. She's so busy at her duty in the hospital being just in her first year of residency. But I will tell her about it so she can give her opinion.
@SIMPLYD yes because these are the times you need a doc in the family Many docs just say about treatments which may not be needed
@responsiveme And this dermatoligist did just like that, so the stocks of medicines she has will be sold. Her office is so classy, though I know they have lots of clients because they have those gadgets in 3 cubicles for derma peel and the like.
@hereandthere (20923)
that's pretty drastic advice. 4 toenails at once? if you went through the operation, how many days do you have to stay home?
Yes, I was shocked. Then the treatment will be for many months and that will benefit her clinic indeed, since I will be buying from there. Her clinic is so classy. I just tried her because we have a new health card and she's accredited. But my former dermatologist wasn't like that who recommends and let me buy a lot. It's just of local anesthesia and since they are 4 it will take maybe an hour. Then, I can go home. I just have to wear open sandals and the toes operated on will be on bandage.
@SIMPLYD but you won't be able to go to work for a while since you won't be able to wear shoes properly
@hereandthere Yes, I can. I can always ask for permission that I will use open sandals since they can see the conditions of my toes.
@shaynas (5564)
I hope you don't need the operation. :) :) Nails heal soon!
@Tracy04 (10275)
Let's hope those antiseptic kill those fungi! Hope no need operation... Onions sometimes works too... Garlic too... But not sure in your case.
I hope the medication she gave will be able to treat my.affected toenails and make them grow back normally. Though, my affected big toenails looks good, however it is thick already.
@Tracy04 (10275)
@SIMPLYD let's hope that worked
@Tracy04 Thank you.
I'm so sorry to hear this! I think that is drastic to remove the toenails, and would try the meditations first. They may work. I heard there are pills to take, but they can cause liver damage. I also read somewhere, that Vicks is good for nail fungus.
@SIMPLYD Try your medication first. Vicks is good for lots of things. Good luck!
@DianneN Yes, I will. Thank you.
I would not do the operation, use the cream, do not wear closed shoes and you will see that the problem will solve.
Yes, I won't. I am using the cream and the soap she prescribed. I always open an open toes sandals. Though sometimes I wear rubber shoes, but that's very seldom.
@SIMPLYD I think that it's not a serious problem and the cream will fix the problem soon.
@LadyDuck I think so too . Thank you.
I have never had that experience and hope I won't. What caused it?
@SIMPLYD Ouch, hope that you get healed soon.
@toniganzon I am positive my toenails will heal.
I hope it will be effective. How did you have this disease?
@SIMPLYD That's really troublesome. I hope it will be treated soon and the medicine works.
@Shavkat Thank you. That's what I am hoping for too.
@YrNemo (3926)
The internet seems to have lots of tips for fixing this problem. (I have a relative who once had this nail problem and used to search for info for him. In his case, he wore shoes almost 24/24 at the time.)
Actually yes, there are a lot of natural remedies for it on the internet. However, since it's the first time that our Health card has an accredited dermatologist, I tried her. Well, if after the cream and Selenium sulfide was it hasn't gotten better, I will try the natural remedy. But so far, I noticed an improvement in the affected area. The nails are now not so hard to cut.
@YrNemo (3926)
• Lakewood, Colorado
I hope this goes away whatever you decide to do. If you decide to have the nails taken off I know my nephew did have that done and now he is fine.
Really you nephew had it also? How many months was it before the nails grew back again?
• Lakewood, Colorado
@SIMPLYD About a year Rebelwoman.
@MGjhaud (20831)
I always use Triderm for itchiness.
Yes, i know that ointment for itchiness. Though, we have discovered a very effective oitment for itchiness. It's just actually an inexpensive one that cam be bought at Generics pharmacy. It's SL BL . So effective too.
@MGjhaud (20831)
I've tried others before and triderm is by far the most effective..
And how are your nails now that it is almost September?
My affected big toenail has is already a bit thin compared to before. My two smallest toenails formerly hard surrounding has also softened. I am hopeful that it can be fully healed. The doctor prescribed the cream to me for 6 months.
• Portland, Connecticut
I hope the cream and the soap works for you, it does seem extreme to remove all of them.
Thank you. Yes, it is extreme indeed that I was so stressed when I went back to the office, I had to talk with my two closest officemates about it.