Blocked by a new user...lol

By JJ
Yep. Tell them copying isn't allowed (and I did it nicely) and give them a link to the guidelines and BOOM!!! blocked. Dey hurted my widdle feewings and I am gonna cwy. *raises coughee cup* Beautiful start to the day.
@shaynas (5561)
All the best for the rest of the day!! You really should not preach fools
I told them copying song lyrics doesn't make a discussion and it really isn't allowed. They told me their perception is anything can be a discussion. And blocked me. And their discussion is now gone.
@shaynas (5561)
@JolietJake hope he/she would have realized by now that you were right.
@shaynas Hopefully, otherwise they'd believe he's the admin, the site is corrupted blah blah.
I got blocked by someone last week for saying "who cares what the Bible says?"
I still haven't heard a Bible talk
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
@JolietJake Haven't you seen (or should that be heard) the audio-book version? Read by Richard Dawkins I believe!!!
@Shiva49 (9510)
When we point out the truth the table is turned on us; we become the villains! siva
yep! always shoot the messenger!
@dpk262006 (54604)
You made the newbie scared by telling him about copying in the beginning of his tenure on mylot and he got so afraid that he thought it proper to block you. He might have thought that someone has caught him cheating so he should shut the door for him.
They seem to think 'blocking' will prevent people reporting them for things. Seems he got mad and reported this discussion.
@JolietJake You bullied him somehow, he ought to report you.
@vandana7 (57466)
@sabtraversa ... Actually, JJ should start a new technique...instead of saying anything nice...Give the TOS and shout "REPORT ME" "REPORT ME" "REPORT ME to @G A A." the person would not understand and GAA would get the message loud and clear.
This is just an subsumption but I assume you hold the record for number of people who have blocked you?
Probably
@ridingbet (37813)
is this user still here? i have to check the new users' discussion.
They are still here, but they registered 8 days ago so they are not technically a 'new' user. Only people here 7 days or less get listed in that.
@ridingbet (37813)
@JolietJake i have not yet been commented on by any of the users that you are mentioning. if that happens i should certainly look into their discussions for plagiarism.
@josie_ (5068)
I saw the "discussion" of a song lyrics and was wondering how fast his post will get deleted. You gave him good advice and I was also about to until I saw his response. waste of time I thought to myself.
I think his 'perceptions' may have got altered a bit after losing two discussions very quickly
@josie_ (5068)
@JolietJake _Judging by his actions, I'm not sure it will. His will be a short stay in mylot.
So sad!
Happens often, people come in here thinking they can do whatever they want, and when it gets pointed out otherwise they blame the messenger instead of the message.
Nixed to see that some things never change...keep up the good work
May Scar cough up a hair ball for that newbie.
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
Don't you know that it's now illegal to point out to someone that they aren't following the rules? Breaches their human rights!!!! You're just lucky they haven't got a no-win, no-fee lawyer on to you suing for hurting their iddy biddy lickle feelings!!
@Platespinner (18471)
Do you keep score? I'm wondering how many new people you have successfully offended. You seem quite good at it.
I lost count long ago. I bet it's at least eleventy-seven
@EddieHands (32928)
aweee don't let them hurt your feelings!! they are the ones losing money... lol
Plagiarizers never listen, they think that blocking is the solution to their problems.
Oh well, you win some you lose some. Good morning.
G'mornin', how's Canada today?
@JolietJake G'mornin' its hazy here this morning........gonna be in the high 30's and muggy. Please be careful if you are still experiencing his heat and humidity, drink lots and move slow-and tell your boss that I said so!
@Juliaacv I think I finally got the mess straightened out from him screwing the UPS orders up...I had to go back to May 1st and check all the records with them to get it right.
That's what you get for being nice. The Boom comes down on ya hard. I'll bet they are a here today, gone tomorrow type.
They unblocked me and posted in this discussion "Again, the discussion area is not the place to address grievances. Any personal abuse should be reported by using the report option under a discussion, response or comment. Personal disputes should either be settled by private message between members, or preferably, off site." I wasn't grieving about anything, nor engaging in a personal dispute. So delete/block
@JolietJake Wut? He copied and pasted the rules? Been copying again?
Raises coffee cup to you, cheers!
Now this isn't new at all!
@manikarnika (2008)
Yeah...Actually they don't know about the discussion "JJ's vinyl madness countdown"...Lol.Because you are having sound knowledge in music too
Ohhh snap, I wish you could tell me who that is ..... hope you reported the fool.
I'm assuming they removed the two discussions themselves...
Well, at least now they'll look for something they think is obscure to copy and paste @JolietJake