'Gas prices are the lowest in the U.S. in over 10 years!'

A direct quote from Donald J Trump posted on Twitter July 4th. The problem is, I am paying $2.08 at the pump right now per gallon. Last year, it dropped to $1.79 per gallon for a bit. So where can I buy it for under $1.79? Inquiring minds want to know...
@gilggg (2661)
• Israel
In my country, the fuel has a tax that costs more than the fuel itself, so the price of fuel is very expensive 1 liter of bazine = $ 1.7
@sabtraversa (13331)
Same price here, most of it depending on taxes, we'd never notice oil decreasing in price, that's a little percentage of what we pay after all.
@Mike197602 (13895)
same here...the majority of our petrol cost is tax. jj spends $2 I spend $6 on a gallon.
@gilggg (2661)
• Israel
@Mike197602 But he worte $2.08 per galon??
@Platespinner (17062)
Hmmmm...prices are pretty low, but around here they are NOT as low as they were a year or so ago. Like you we've had prices lower than $2 per gallon, right now they're hovering around $2.11.
I also live in NC and I am about 2 and half hours from Winston-Salem and the gas here is $2.20. I go through Winston-Salem to get to my college and I am sure the gas up there is even higher since it is nothing but a college/tourist town.
@CaseyRoss9966 I'm not actually in Winston Salem proper. I just did a little sleuthing onling. Local gas here is as low as $2.05. in Winston it's actually $1.95.
@Platespinner That is so crazy. I wish it was that low here. The highest in my college's town is also $2.20 which is also shocking because I would think it would be higher. Summer months aren't really a big season for them though. In fall and winter is when the prices of everything up there will start going up with the leaves changing and ski slopes opening up.
@aishanee (436)
• Cuttack, India
gas prices are possibly the the highest in India.They have touched sky high now!
Trump always seems to be saying things that are not quite true...
@JolietJake Couldn't agree more!
@Mike197602 (13895)
I like your prices Here the average price for unleaded is £1.14 per litre. A gallon has 4.54609 litres...so £1.14 multiplied by that is £5.1825426 per gallon. That works out as around $6.70 per gallon. PS, if trump said it was thursday I'd not believe him until I checked. The man is a joke...unfortunately he is a bad joke
@BarBaraPrz (20778)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
"If Trump said it was Thursday..." Good one!
@josie_ (7809)
Guess which country is to blame?
Support my channel on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=4621074 GAB: https://gab.ai/reallygraceful https://www.facebook.com/reallygraceful Or here: htt...
A chart of prices for the past year...plainly 'ol Don is full of it
I see you checked the GasBuddy chart, I also did and in the year 2008 it was a lot lower, $1.59. As usual Trump is a liar.
@sabtraversa (13331)
In his U.S. the prices are lower, in yours... not yet?
Come on up here, you can get a litre of gas for a mere $1.09-what a bargain given the fact that a Litre is about 1/4 of a US gallon. Gotta love the taxes on fuel that jack up the price. What in the world would Trump know about the cost of fuel, he hasn't filled up himself in years, and can he read anything that isn't on social media?
Um, what planet is he on? Out here recently I've seen it cheapest at $2.65 but I know that isn't the cheapest for the decade. Talk about fake news . . . he sure makes up a lot of fake news himself!
Yet his admirers don't seem to get it, they believe it because he said it
And, of course, it is all because of Trump.
In my town, it is $2.20, but in Oxford which isn't even 30 minutes away it is $2.07 and in Norlina another town that isn't even 30 minutes away it is $2.05. I don't think it ever got that low in my town last year. Maybe $1.90 at the lowest. We always seem to have the highest gas of all the surrounding places.
@vandana7 (67699)
May be you would want to send your last year bill copy and present year bill copy to your president and a copy of it to some daily saying ..which school should I go to, for understanding that latest bill is lower than that of last year.
@FourWalls (15271)
I'm pretty sure he hasn't had to whip out the old Discover card to pay for a fillup since January so he probably thinks gas is free.
@Morleyhunt (21011)
I'll take your US fuel price without complaint. I've also learned that so much of what is published as news is taken out of context and skewed in favour of what the writer wants to present. Facts.....why worry about such unimportant trivia.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
The cheapest I have seen it near us, is actually over the border in Alabama. It was $2.07 a couple weeks ago.
Yes, where?
@UncleJoe (10875)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I don't know. Where does Trump buy his gas?
I doubt he's paid for it himself for a long time...
I just shake my head. Why spout off on things that are so easily checked out. He makes himself look so foolish.
• Rochester, New York
Here in NY the lowest I have seen is $2.14 or so. it's a lot better than the gas I was getting for over $3.00.