Equal income?

I read something today and they were talking about an equal income for all Americans. Are they considering this? What are your thoughts if they do?
@mandala100 (48177)
There cannot be a perfect mathematical equality like this sign (=) in the world. That will be a pipe dream and unrealistic in this imperfect world. There is no such thing as equal income from everyone in Economics not in our life time.
That's what I was thinking. I was wondering how they would even make it possible.
@mandala100 (48177)
@gimitchelray Seems to be an impossible dream my friend right?
HAHAHA! NO! there is no way this will ever happen, some people earn more for being an expert in certain fields while others that wait tables make little money. I would not want every single person to make the same. Some people are slackers and some work hard.
That's very true
@MsBooklover (4014)
That will never happen. Can you see a doctor making the same amount as a janitor?
I think they would be very angry.
@gimitchelray You got that right!
@ARIES1973 (9539)
• Legaspi, Philippines
Different jobs require a different level of skills and knowledge. High paying jobs require much higher level of intelligence and education. Definitely, those people who aim to get high paying jobs would go for courses with longer studies and more advanced lessons. The government cannot implement this kind of scheme because it simply not acceptable.
I agree but they have done many things that were unacceptable to citizens because they just don't care.
@Juilee (481)
• Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Equal income? Do you mean UBI (Universal Basic Income)? Because that one is about equal as it gets. The concept of it, is that everyone is entitled to a basic income that is just enough to live on. It's free money. I don't think it will be implemented, because the tax amount will sky rocket and who's going to pay for that?
Yes that's what I was meaning, I forgot what it was called.
Well, that means no more student loans for kids who'd like to get high paying jobs.
That's true
I doubt if it will ever happen, but I heard this idea come to light recently too. It would do away with government benefits available to low income residents which could be a money-saver for the country. Many would just need part time jobs, and I do suppose those who really are bent on working full time would be in demand since many would be out of the job force due to not wanting to work at all. Those who work full time and receive government income would be at the top of the heap.
That's true
@Tracy04 (10823)
I wonder how....
I have not heard of this but I do not see how it would work anyways. Some jobs deserve more pay like nurses and doctors should be paid more than a cashier at McDonalds or Walmart. Now I will say that if two people work the same job, they should be paid the same unless one has been there longer. And I do think there are a lot of famous people who get paid way too much.