Crowdfunding--Plumfund--Youcaring--A new generation

I have known about Crowdfunding for a few years. People ask for money to fund all sorts of things from college to vacation, to maternity leave and bills. How do you feel about this? Do you view it as a little help from my friends or a brand new way to beg? Have you ever given to a Crowdfund or asked for help? Would you help or ask for help?
Yes those sites are very popular. No I would not ask for anything..just my way. I may give to some, it would depend.
I have never asked for anything in such a group, and I hope that I never feel that I have to. When I think of someone asking for money so they can have more time off with their baby, or for their education, that just seems unreal. That is not the responsibility of others. Over the years, I have given to people and then turned around and found out information that made me feel that I made a poor decision.
@MsBooklover Yes..many innocent people are scammed by users.
Hmmmm, begging for bucks ..... I wonder if people would fund my furmily?
Good Question.
I wouldn't though @MsBooklover I just pray more kind hearted people will open their homes to a homeless pet.
@rebelann That is so different. We do need people to get pets at shelters instead of buying them for a huge sum at a store. To each his or her own, but it would be nice.
@Tracy04 (10821)
I wanted to help but cannot help myself but to be cautious towards scams too.
Yes, you must be cautious.
@Tracy04 (10821)
@mandala100 (48402)
@MsBokklover I just hope that this crowdfunding thing being popularized in the internet will not turned into a Ponzi Deal or Piramyding Scheme or such sort of thing and that every cents and dollar will be duly accounted for.
People have different priorities. They ask for money they want to use for this or that...then you find out they are eating better than you do.
@mandala100 (48402)
@MsBooklover You are right my friend.
We were raised do handle all money issues on our own, and we do. Not a fan of people asking for money from strangers.
Yes, it seem very strange, especially so you can take time off for having a baby or getting an education. It is like saying you all make so much more than I do.
@PatZAnthony (12871)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
We have helped for various reasons. It is nice that someone can ask and friends (or strangers) can donate if they want to do so