Dancing at the Art Fair

@FayeHazel (11737)
I know some time back I was telling you about sewing costume pieces - so here's a photo. I made the bra and the belt and my friend made the dress. The bra and the belt were a lot of sewing by hand but I'm really pleased with the outcome. (Also not pictured - white and silver pieces for another costume that I worked on) This photo was taken June 22 at the local art fair my dance troupe has had the privilege of dancing at for the past 5 years. This year was a little more hectic. We invited 2 other dancers as guests. That was a little more to take care of but the real commotion happened when it was raining. Normally we have a nice outdoor spot - sent up a tent ... this year we were last minute shuffled indoors. I am grateful that we were indoor instead of getting soaked in the rain. We only did 1 performance outside on a stage. (this photo) Well in years past we have had 100s of people watching, this year, because we were inside - only maybe 20-30 at a time watching. (We had 4, 30 minute performances during the day) Of course the day wasn't without drama -- one of my troupemates who is more forcefully natured got into it with my dad. I wasn't there to watch it go down I could see where it was probably safely both their "fault" . My troupemate is pretty mouthy, and my dad takes offense at the slightest issue... so yeah. Except he keeps it up and keeps it up and keeps it up, so I had to listen to him rant and rave trying to get ready to perform etc. So there were advantages and disadvantages to the day. We stayed dry and didn't have to set up tent and sound system. However we didn't have the "outdoor fair" feeling and the big crowd. Photo: me
Love the costume.
@FayeHazel (11737)
Thanks! It was a lot of hand sewing... but I'm very happy with it
@FayeHazel you should be
Nice job on the dress.
@FayeHazel (11737)
Thanks! I'm so pleased I may do a similar one in black and white. Maybe this winter :-)
Nice job on the bra, belt and dress also glad you had fun.
@FayeHazel (11737)
Thanks! It was a lot of hand sewing (I had guest cat to "help" me at the time , lol) but I'm happy with the result
The red color looks seductive to me. Nice job!
@FayeHazel (11737)
That's interesting - I have heard many say the same thing. Red is a very powerful color. Thank yoU!
@CoralLevang (40825)
I love the red color!! Is this you? BEAUTIFUL!!
@FayeHazel (11737)
Thanks! I love red too, actually red and purple together like your picture. Thank you so much, yeah that's me :-)
@CoralLevang (40825)
@FayeHazel You are welcome! I love color. Getting more into that.
@mandala100 (25363)
@FayeHazel That's a very nice dress in the picture!
@FayeHazel (11737)
Thanks! It took a lot of sewing -- but I'm happy bwith the result
@mandala100 (25363)
@FayeHazel No problem my friend. See you.
@ilocosboy (33280)
Because of that bra and belt, the aimple beauty of the red dress became extravagant. Is the model you or your friend?
@FayeHazel (11737)
Thanks -- it's true -- I like that I can simply switch out the bra and belt and have a much different look. That's me :-)
@ilocosboy (33280)
@FayeHazel oh, wow, now i have seen your whole body photo
Sounds like fun, well all except the drama.
@FayeHazel (11737)
It's a ton of fun, but so true - there always seems to be a little tiny touch of drama somewhere, oh well trade off I think
The dress looks very nice.
@FayeHazel (11737)
Thanks@ it went together easy but took a lot of hand work
@bluesa (12812)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
That came out amazing @FayeHazel ! So glad I spotted this. The whole costume is stunning and I love the colour. Sorry about the fight, but good you did not get rained on. :)
@Tracy04 (10691)
Interesting post.