Daily Bible Study

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Day 301 Proverbs 28:19 Proverbs 28:19 He that tills his land shall have plenty of bread: but he that follows after vain persons shall have poverty enough. You all know someone who would rather look for handouts than work for the food on their table and a roof over their head. Those people have lots of excuses why they can’t, don’t, or won’t work. For the most part that is what they are: excuses. Nobody minds helping those who truly can’t work, but for those who can, those who work hard for their money tend to turn the other way when they see them coming. Solomon was not only king of Israel, he was also a businessman. He had many enterprises in which he employed countless people. He knew those who were hard workers and he knew those who weren’t, and he did not have sympathy for those who didn’t work, but could. As Christians, you have work to do. Not just the work that puts bread on your table and gives you a roof over your head, but work for the kingdom of God. Jesus told his disciples that laborers were few for God’s harvest field. Matthew 9:37 Then said he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the laborers are few; 38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth laborers into his harvest. One of the biggest problems missionaries face is support. If a missionary doesn’t have support, he will not be able to do the work of the kingdom. However, when a missionary has support, God takes care of every need they have. Did you know you are a missionary? You don’t need to go to a foreign land to preach the gospel. You can preach the gospel right where you live. You all have neighbors, co-workers, friends, and relatives who don’t know Jesus as their personal Savior and Lord. Consider having a calling on your life and doing nothing about it. It would be the same as Solomon described in the verse above, you would come to poverty. Poverty of spirit. Poverty of all things pertaining to life and godliness. You might have a good job, a nice house, and all the outward amenities that come with a good life, but if you are not doing what God called you to do, your life is hollow, empty, void, meaningless. You are in spiritual poverty. What has God called you to do? Do it with all your might, and God will reward you with blessings above what you can think or imagine. Jesus said you are to pray for laborers for his harvest. If you are praying and not doing, then it’s time to stop praying and start doing. If you are already doing, then pray that God will send more workers to the harvest field. There is work enough for everyone. What’s your excuse? Let’s pray: Father, send laborers to your harvest field and let the work begin with me. Send me, Lord. In Jesus’ name, I pray, amen. Copyright © 7 July 2017 by Valerie Routhieaux Image courtesy of Pixabay
Yes all should chip in whatever they can and do our part, Amen Valerie.
Yes we should. I'm glad you were blessed.
@just4him Thank you Valerie.
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
amen. i found out today that i have to have a wisdom tooth pulled on the 27th and now i am allergic to mosquitos because i have skeeter syndrome and 2 rashes on one arm
Oh wow. That's terrible about the mosquitoes. I hope it goes well with the wisdom tooth.
Great message.
Thank you. I'm glad it blessed you.
• Dallas, Texas
I have to say, you are motivating.
Thank you. It's not me, but God. I'm just his mouthpiece. I'm glad you were motivated.
• Dallas, Texas
@just4him , I have always enjoyed your posts.
@lookatdesktop Thank you.
@MsBooklover (3881)
I like that you show it is not just about one issue...this is about people getting saved, too. I ask God what He wants me to do and how He wants to use me. I love when He gives me opportunities to help others. There are so many ways to help.
@jobelbojel (7097)
Thank you for sharing. We have network that do the planting now. I just started and will attend the 3-day encounter soon and will attend School of Leaders next year I suppose. Then I am ready to join planting good seeds by that time.
@prashu228 (25811)
We should help in God's work.