Are there any poets out here ?

Ever since I was young I loved poetry . The thing about writing a poem is that you can express yourself in ways you may not be able to normally. It was always a dream of mine to do spoken word . My fear of a live audience has always kept me from doing so . How about you all . How many of you could find the courage to read a poem in front of anyone or do spoken word ?
@1hopefulman (20212)
I have written quite a few poems and also a couple of songs.
If you want to read the full story, go here: http://1hopefulman.expertscolumn.com/article/you-and-i-together-eternity
I admit I write poetry but by gid the grammatical errors laugh at me and well,I can never achieve the confidence to perform it around people.
Alison .Oh my I think we have something in common..I love poetry . It is like a second breath to me .. However I think to read it to someone else may be very scary ..LOL..Thank you so much for the comment ..
@DanielleWites no problem I am a online poet though I don't know how to perform it a lot has read my poem and liked them.
@Pheomenon101 Well I must encourage you Alison Allison to continue on that journey . We all waken to our gifts at our own timing . Yet if you are that far you are further than one who has not yet taken any steps at all .Keep up the journey .
@mandala100 (25355)
@DanielleWites I have no problem with public speaking and I don't have any stage fright whatsoever. I'm fortunate to have training since my younger days to recite poem, participate/act in a drama or involve in an oration/declamation contest.
Wow..see now Peter that is something we all can not say . To have all that background sure does help . Sounds like you have some really great accomplishments my friend ..Thank you for sharing .
@mandala100 (25355)
@DanielleWites Thanks my friend. Just an exposure but not much an accomplishment my friend.
@mandala100 you are welcome Peter . I do admire your humble approach to your learnings ..However I do feel that accomplishments are made every time we learn or are able to teach others what we learn . Peter gifts do not always come with recognition yet in self advancements . That in itself you have more than accomplished.
@Mass_Sonu (1041)
@DanielleWites I like poetry, but, as yet, I'm no poet. Yes, it's a wonderful way of expression. And, about courage - oh, I feel the same...anxiety...
Maheeth V. I did try it one day and the nervousness of it all caused me to laugh . I have poetry in my bones per say and I have thought often of selling it to someone else to read for me ..Thank you so much for the comment
@Mass_Sonu (1041)
@DanielleWites You are welcome. And, yeah, public speaking scares me too & I understand how you feel. But, Looking forward to your poems @myLot.
@Mass_Sonu Thank you very much !
@ilocosboy (33256)
I love poetry and I think I can write my everlasting love in the rhythmic form of stanza... but I think I cannot consider myself as poet.
I will have to say a poet is not one recognised but yet one claimed ..So as per your comment I bet you are a pretty great poet ..If it is in your spirit . Write there is no gift greater than sharing your inner self if even for your own reading . Thank you ilocosboy
@Tracy04 (10691)
I am not a poet, maybe
@buenavida (7669)
• Sweden
I used to write some poems a few years ago.. some are in Expertscolumn This one may be in MyLot too:
I wrote this poem for you. Whether you believe in the following or not, you may enjoy the thoughts and maybe want to learn more about the proof that this is what will happen. We all long for a better world and I have read about a wonderful future in an ama