Here is a man who is saving wildlife one truck of water at a time..

@dragon54u (31339)
Patrick Mwalua saw that the animals around his home in Africa were suffering in the drought and vowed to help them. He did not create a hashtag, he did not whine about it on social media. No, he got himself a truck and filled it with water and drove out every single day to give that water to the animals that were dying of thirst. He is still doing this even though he now has some help. Check him out here:
Patrick Kilonzo Mwalua is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Patrick Kilonzo Mwalua and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected.
@CoralLevang (40951)
I don't have access to FB, but this sounds like he's doing something wonderful.
@dragon54u (31339)
Here is a link to an article. Since most people love FB I chose that page instead of a news story. People seem to even get their news from social media these days! Patrick carries water to animals dying of thirst in Africa.
He rents water trucks to save animals dying of thirst.
@CoralLevang (40951)
@dragon54u Wonderful story. Thank you for sharing it!
What an inspiration this man is! Hopefully, he will be rewarded in some way or another ! he may not want to be recognized, but it is something he deserves. Kudos and hat's off to Patrick!!! Hip hip hooray for Patrick!!!
@dragon54u (31339)
I love people who see something that upsets them, especially injustice and want, and just do something about it. This man has help now but when he started the odds were not in his favor--he did not care, though, and did what he felt was right.
@dragon54u Yes, those are the best people around. I especially like it when they see an injustice happening to animals (like the animals not having enough water that Patrick saw and recognized) those who help the less foru=tunate be the animals, or humans are special people
Good man. Thanks for the story as I love reading "feel good stories".
@dragon54u (31339)
Me, too! There are so many out there but they are rarely publicized. I try to share them when I find them!
@Tracy04 (10661)
That was a big heart of him.
@dragon54u (31339)
He is truly a wonderful, compassionate man. I wish I had millions to send him!
@Tracy04 (10661)
That is awesome. But dont get why he wouldnt write about it to get more people to do it with him before now
@dragon54u (31339)
There was not much response locally at first because of the time and expense involved. As people learned about it, more began to help from around the world because they publicized it.
@dragon54u hmm still if he mentioned it on fb before there couldve bern mire help
@YrNemo (8747)
Incredible effort! That would have cost him quite a bit in the gas/petrol plus effort daily.
@dragon54u (31339)
Yes, and he could not afford to keep it up. I'm glad he's getting financial help as well as volunteers!
@KrauseHome (33387)
Awesome. .. I am glad he is now getting help from others. There needs to be more people like him.
Good for him. Always nice to see someone doing good things.
@dragon54u (31339)
There are millions of people every day doing things like that, although perhaps not on that scale. The media won't do stories on them, they'd rather make us think the world is full of misery and rotten people when people like Patrick are the norm.
that is wonderful to hear.How about the humans there?Thanks for the item
@dragon54u (31339)
The government takes care of the humans but the animals are on their own. Patrick takes care of them and many other people have joined him. Thanks for reading, I hope this put a smile on your face!
• Pamplona, Spain
He is doing wonderful I think. I cannot get to that page either I log in and for some reason I canĀ“t see it. Great story to read though.
@dragon54u (31339)
@prashu228 (22655)
Oh that's wonderful. Very few people do these kind of things, while some online give lectures..may he get more and more help from the people..