More Words of Wisdom

Helen Steiner Rice said: “The more you LOVE, the more you’ll find that life is good and friends are kind…and only what we give away enriches us from day to day.” Oh, if only everyone in the world would live by this advice. Then the people in the world would not be suffering. There is plenty of food, so no one should be starving. There is plenty of clean water so no one should be thirsting. There is plenty of everything, but it is not being distributed evenly. When I go into a grocery store, I am overwhelmed by the abundance of food available and the variety that there is from which to choose. When I see all the bottled water on the shelves, I think about those who NEED clean water to drink and don’t have it. The same with clothing. When I go into a Department Store and see all the clothes that are available, it is heart rending to think that there are people who have no clothes to wear, except rags. Even in the Thrift Stores there is an abundance of clothes and shoes and many other items that someone didn’t want or need anymore. I wish there were an organization that I could give food and water and clothing to and that I KNEW that it would be distributed to those who needed it. There is only ONE organization that I donate money to because I know FOR SURE that it will be used to help disaster victims. Here is a link: You will be able to see how people all over the world are being helped.
In dozens of countries, Jehovah’s Witnesses provide assistance in times of need. This is an expression of love, an identifying mark of true Christians.
I donate money to an organisation which builds wells and toilets in rural areas of third-world countries. In don't donate to religious organisations. I don't like the idea that people in need are helped and then are indoctrinated with Christian teachings.
I agree with you. However, the majority of the help from Jehovah's Witnesses goes to those who are already Jehovah's Witnesses, but they DO help others also. Jehovah's Witnesses might SHARE some comfort from Bible scriptures, but they don't try to "indoctrinate" anyone. Even when they go from door to door, their primary goal is to SHARE the truth from the Bible. Those who listen to the message or accept literature have to make up their own mind about what they want to believe. A person can't be "indoctrinated" or "converted" unless they decide that for themselves. I will tell you however, that about 250,000 persons have decided to become Jehovah's Witnesses EVERY YEAR for the last TEN years. People everywhere, in 240 different countries, where there are Jehovah's Witnesses, are concerned about what is happening in this world. They want to know WHY there is so much suffering and WHAT God is going to do about it.
If I am going to help. I would rather render my professional service and uplift the people who are in a difficult situation.
What is it that you do professionally?
@IreneVincent I am a Physiotherapist. I had tried this before in Tajikistan.
As a human, we have our own passion and interest. I was teaching Korean students in one of the biggest academies in the city. Then, I had acquainted with my...
@Shavkat I read your story and it was very interesting. I'm sure what you did for these children was greatly appreciated.
@Tracy04 (10868)
I agree with the post. Good post!