Maybe not?

This past Monday, and today were supposed to be my brothers two days off this week. And Monday was a day off for him, but today.. not so much. As he's trying to get transferred to the CVS right here by the house (he has tried many times over the last 4 years, but none of his bosses would ever let him do it), and because of it they put him on the schedule for today as a fill in so they can see how he does. Well he's home and he said it went okay. But that's not all.. now he says he is going to his actual job to work from 6-10 tonight. As someone called out. And next week he only has one day off but will probably work on it over here as the fill in.. Ugh. What is the point of days off if people don't get them off? And then they are too tired, and get all crabby because of not getting much rest.
exactly people need days off to get rested and refreshed
Yes they do.
My husband knows that feeling all too well. He keeps telling his boss, I'm not working on Sundays. He needs one day off a week and we go to church. And yet his boss keeps saying you can finish the job Sunday. My husband has to keep telling him he's not working on Sunday.
Thats sad. Everyone needs at least 2 dayd off a week. Especially those with kids.
@Courtlynn Yeah that would be nice but at least one day he needs.
On pay day it all pays off. He will take off when he needs it.
Not really as the more he works the more our rent is.
Your brother must be pretty tired. I hope he gets to be transferred closer and has his 2 days off.
Same.
Does he have to go in if someone calls out? When I was a retail manager a day off was not a day off unless the store was closed for a holiday or closed for the evning. Otherwise Id either be in the shop or answering questions via phone. Gah
Nope he does not. I dont know why he went in tonight. He didnt want to.
That is unfortunate. But maybe he would lose his job if he called off after being put in for somebody else that called off. I hope he gets a good rest with days off as it seems he is working much too hard.
He doesnt have to go in for other people. And whole time hes been there others wouldnt go in for him
@Courtlynn Oh, I am sorry I misread that. My apologies But he should have others go in for him sometimes it is only after as he is just working too hard and I am concerned about him. Can he find a job where he would have time off? In; 't there a law somewhere about not giving workers time off?
@Marty1 dont know. Lots of people are overworked these days.
well the good news is that he will have some extra $$ from it all.
No he won't itll make our rent go up.
@Courtlynn what does one have to do with the other?
@NJChicaa because we live in a low income apartment. The more you make the more we pay rent.
I think it is better to let a person have his or her day off. They will work more effectively and efficiently.
Yes.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
After working there for that long told think they would listen to his wished a little more
You'd think. Hes working at lesst 3 double next week
I used to work all the over time that I could get.
My brother doesnt like doing it. And hes not supposed to do truck but they make him
@Tracy04 (10839)
Hopefully you get plenty of rest during your off days soon.
Im Always off. The post was about my brother
@Tracy04 (10839)
@Courtlynn oh I see lol
When he took the job, it was probably with the understanding he would be on call and his work times constantly changed. That's the way it is with retail jobs.
He doesnt have to go in. And noone ever does for him when he wants to or needs to tske a day off.