“What people do is more important than what people wear.”

Some people are so judgmental in terms of what a person wears. When I was I college, I don’t indulge myself wearing signature or branded clothes. I can just wear a shirt, a pair of jeans and a pair of sneakers. There is one time when a classmate of mine had scrutinized me for not wearing a popular brand of clothes. At some point, he puts me to shame with our circle of friends. He is trying to push me away because I do not belong to their group. I ignored his way of pulling me down. I don’t follow fashion trends and continued to study hard to finish my university. I graduated on time. This friend failed so many subjects and eventually, he can’t handle the situation and decided to drop out from school. “Do you judge a person by his or her clothes?” Image Credit: pixabay.com
No not at all I don't judge people by what they wear, only by how they treat others.
I think it is the best way to judge people through their behaviors and not what he or she wears.
@Shavkat Judge a person y the way they act not by what they wear.
@jstory07 I totally agree. It is better to be judgmental with the actions of a certain person.
@Lucky15 (33429)
no, i try not to. though some try to make an impression out of what they wear
I do think that some people are so judgmental according to their standards of living. But then, we still need to be human and be observant before spilling out our opinions against them.
@mandala100 (35866)
As they say, "The clothes don't make the man. It's the man that makes the clothes".
I do think that clothes are not the important factor in judging people. It is not the right thing to do.
@mandala100 (35866)
@Shavkat You are right friend and it's like saying "do not judge a book by its cover".
@mandala100 I agree with the saying goes.
As long as the clothes are clean, presentable, and appropriate, the brands really do not matter. it is the person that makes the clothes not the other way around.
I agree that people can wear the simple outfit as long as it is presentable.
No I certainly do not judge by outer clothes or outer appearance. It is the biggest mistake to do so. Good you went ahead and did well and this friend was a flop.
That's the problem of some people who feel too high and live in a trendy lifestyle. This person is having a hard time to find a job. I pity him for being so arrogant during our college days.
@ridingbet (46858)
i don't even wear signature clothes, just simple ones and even hand-me-downs from my brother. no, i don't judge somebody by their social status, but how they deal with me.
I am so allergic to people who imposed of his or her status symbol in the society. If he or she does, I will instantly away from them.
@ridingbet (46858)
@Shavkat yes kabsat, and we are not social climbers, right? if i have a friend who will drag me into attending events to push her up, definitely i won't do and go.
@ridingbet (46858)
@Shavkat like me, if somebody invites me and i don't know any of the people, i don't go.
@vsai2008 (7667)
Whenever someone wore good, I tend to tell them that. But never judge people or anything because of what they wear. It seems silly to me to do so
It is not the right thing to judge people of what they wear. We can never tell what's the future holds for them.
@vsai2008 (7667)
@Shavkat So true :) Future will kick us for all the bad we do, for sure LOL
@vsai2008 Bad karma still strikes sooner or later to them.
@ilocosboy (34344)
Look at Mark Zuckerberg, he only wear plain t-shirt and he's billionaire now.
I agree. He lives in a simple lifestyle and not to act as materialistic individuals.
@ilocosboy (34344)
@MGjhaud (20749)
I seldom make an observation when it comes to what people wear. People should wear whatever makes them comfortable. Right? Why make it a must to wear branded and expensive clothing if it doesn't make you look pretty and feel snug at all?
Some people follow trendy fashion but it doesn't fit on them. They indulge to such clothing because it is popular and expensive. But it shouldn't be like this.
• Preston, England
unless attending interviews I dress in any old clothes and most of my wardrobe is second hand clothing
I do agree that it depends on what activity we are in. At home, I also use clothes that will make me feel comfortable.
@hereandthere (28881)
hmm, now i'm curious what brand it is and if i ever owned one! hahaha!
Hahaha I am sure you have something there.
I don't judge people by their clothes but I think many younger people do. They probably mostly grow out of it in time.
Some youngsters stoop down people nowadays. They are so delicate with the clothing. At some point, it can lead to bullying.
I never judge anyone bu what they wear. I wear what I want and do not care what others think.
I think it is not a good feeling to judge others of what they wear. There are some people who cannot conceal their feelings towards others. If someone or somebody attempts to scrutinize me, he or she will regret of doing it.
no never I do notlliketo judge at all I wearwhat I liie and what I c n afford and thats good enough for me lol
I also have the same waves of thinking. I am comfortable to what I wear and no need to please others to be accepted.
@RubyHawk (21636)
• Atlanta, Georgia
No, I don't even do that I don't wear the most popular or expensive clothing and I don't care what others wear.
I am that person, too. I don't need to wear expensive clothes just to please others. It is not good to pretend someone who is not the real you.
@RubyHawk (21636)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Shavkat neither do I. I'm who I am regardless of what I wear.
@RubyHawk I agree. We have our own style.
@thelme55 (13966)
No, I don't. I am not fond of branded clothes and keep away from those kind of "friends" who are materialistic and judgemental. I am the so called outsider when I was in my younger years. In fact I was "invisible" when I was in high school.
During my school days, I was so simple and not follow the trend during that time. I cannot able to sustain being invisible. I humbly say that I am known as one of the brightest students in the class. Regardless, I stay away from these people and ignore their bad comments towards me.
@thelme55 (13966)
@Shavkat I can imagine you as a bright young kid who was being envied by the classmates. Maybe bullied as well?
@thelme55 I was being bullied during that time. But then, I tried to fight back.
A person wearing good clothes maintains his personality. Thats it.
I do agree that it reflects the person's personality of what he or she is wearing. It shouldn't be scrutinized by others without basis at all.
@Shavkat yes. Its just about personality anything more
@Sherwinmrtn We can only choose either to live a simple or luxurious lifestyle.
@bluesa (13430)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Shavkat , no, I don't. Good manners and a good heart is more important than fancy clothes.
My parents had taught us not to judge people because it will hurt others' feelings.
@bluesa (13430)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Shavkat , yes, my parents taught me the same. Our parents were right. :)
@bluesa I agree. Parents are always right on this.
@Shiva49 (12051)
Thankfully most don't as far as I can see. It is the whole package that matters with our attitude that decides our altitude in life. As long as my clothes are clean and presentable I am comfortable in them. Not at all obsessed with brands and not a slave to them - siva
Some people are so being controlled by these materialistic things. I don't mind what people think about my decent clothes and comfortable to wear.
@Shiva49 I think it is the best strategy to promote the products. It is up to the customers to indulge in the products.
@prashu228 (25821)
Yes there are people who judge others on what they Wear. I have seen many. It's quite irritating.
I don't entertain these people as much as possible. If they tried to judge me without any reasons, I will bite.lol
@prashu228 (25821)