I'm Hearing Red: #5 "Red Skies" The Fixx (1983)

Los Angeles, California
“Somebody’s taking over and it looks like they’re aiming right at you and me and everybody Everybody Someone said we’ll be dead by morning Somebody cries leaving? The Fixx primarily just repeats “Red skies at night” over and over in this simple message warning of nuclear devastation. The song appeared on the group’s debut album “Shuttered Room” and while only charting at Billboard #101, “Red Skies” did reach #13 on Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks. The song was heavily played on alternative radio and remains an 80s staple. The Fixx was formed in 1979 as the Portraits in London and changed the name to the Fix in 1980. MCA Records objected to the name’s drug use connotation so they added a second x. The band is best known for major 80s songs “One Thing Leads to Another” and “Saved by Zero.” The Fixx still plays on.
The original 1982 version of the video for "Red Skies" by The Fixx from their first CD "Shuttered Room". The video aired for 11 weeks on MTV ultimately reach...
• Lakewood, Colorado
Like this one John, but the one I do recall the most is as you said that One Thing Leads to Another.
@Ronrybs (7075)
• London, England
This is another of those groups that I had forgotten all about. Has that 80s feel to it
@Tracy04 (10696)
Going to listen to this song.
@mawdest (1418)
• Orillia, Ontario
Hey, good song! I know my dad really likes these guys, I bought him a CD of theirs years back for Christmas, think it was a greatest hits or something. Anyways, was good to hear this!
@Micmac (6778)
Wo oh oh oh oh - I love the cool beat of this song. Nice one!
@Saroj13 (81)
I just love to listen this song.
I love The Fixx. Got to see them back in the 90's.
@FourWalls (9525)
Oh, yeah. Good song. Thumbs up!