Is There A Soul Mate?

@mandala100 (25013)
Hong Kong
This post/discussion was inspired by one of our new member @MarsGirl asking about soul-mate. I just want to start this purely academic/philosophical discussion on the following talking points or query (not necesssarily on the question of whether or not the human soul exist): 1. What is our current state of human knowledge, information or idea about the soul? (I mean the human soul whether from the religious, philosophical etc point of view); 2. Where does the idea or concept of soul originates? What is it all about? 3. Where does the idea or concept of soul-mate originates? What is it all about? 4. Will it do us any good or not if we know if soul and soul-mate exist or not? Please free to add any additonal questions... Thank you in advance to all of you and please remember that we are not trying to prove or to disprove the existence or non-exitence of the human soul and soul-mate for that matter but we are merely exploring these idea/concept as an academic or philosophical discussion/exercise only. Thank you again.
@ridingbet (36612)
soulmate,classmate,schoolmate... well, for me, there is a connection between and among people that should be called mates. and yes, i believe that every human being has a soul, although there are some who have good souls and others bad souls.
@mandala100 (25013)
@ridingbet That's a reasonble views my friend.
@prashu228 (22275)
I don't believe in soulmates my friend.
@mandala100 (25013)
@prashu228 That's alright my friend. And may I know the reason why? Thanks.
@MarsGirl (292)
• Chennai, India
Any specific reason ?
@mandala100 (25013)
@MarsGirl How are you today my friend?
@Elisa1234 (7656)
Im sorry, I dont beleive about soulmates as well 'cause I havent found my soulmate yet
@mandala100 (25013)
@Elisa1234 Maybe your soul mate my friend is non-existent.
@Elisa1234 (7656)
@mandala100 Awesome! that is very magical my friend
@mandala100 (25013)
@Elisa1234 Yes it's really very magical!
@Tracy04 (10696)
Maybe
@mandala100 (25013)
Yup you are right who really knows?
I don't believe it, but I think there are souls that complement each other.
@mandala100 (25013)
@TheInvisibleMan Complimentarity may be possible my friend.