Causes, Reasons, Excuses

There are many, many reasons why you have not heard from me these last few days. ***No sooner do I sit down to myLot, that Doodles, the cat, wants to go outside for a 40 minute walk, 5 times a day. I'm usually the one who takes him out. When my husband does it, it's for 12 minutes tops! ***I went for a mani/pedi and opted for an hour massage. ***Our son threw a birthday bash for his fiancée on Saturday, which was well done and lasted six hours. Such fun!!! Her sister, in the photo above, is pregnant and due next month. ***I have been shopping for birthday gifts and baby shower gifts. ***Our married son is visiting us next weekend with his wife and my grandson, so I have been online looking for fun places to visit and things to do if the weather isn't cooperative. Otherwise, we plan on going to the beach. So those are what caused me not to be here, although I've tried! What have you been up to this weekend?
I have been relaxing and slowly recovering. It is a beautiful weekend. May go for a Sunday drive today just to get out for awhile.
It's so good to see you here! I hope you won't be driving yourself!
Hope you get out for a bit @happy2beme as I'm sure it will help boost your spirits
@Marilynda1225 I did . It felt good to get out.
@hostessman (6922)
• Tucson, Arizona
i have not done anything for the last few days except sit in front of the computer waiting for you to post something, now i am happy
I'm sure!
• Tucson, Arizona
@DianneN what//////////you don't believe me??????????????now i am really hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol
@katsmeow1213 (28821)
Been busy busy as always!
I know. I need a life! lol
@DianneN Ha, yeah right! I think most people would trade for your life in a heart beat! You always have so much fun and always surrounded by good friends and family.
@katsmeow1213 I'd like a few days off, just to read and eat popcorn. I have a busy month coming up, so I may veg out later.
Yesterday was a usual day for me. I was on the computer most of the day. Today, just the opposite. It was a birthday celebration for my older son and myself as he will be out of town on a work assignment for 15 days, starting Tuesday. As his birthday is Thursday and mine is next Wednesday, that means he won't be around. The meal was perfect and so was the nap to follow. I got on here for the first time about an hour ago to do any kind of interacting. Those are all great excuses for not being around. Good luck on finding all those birthday and shower gifts and a place to do stuff if it rains, which I hope it doesn't. It would be nice to see some dry days around here. There are no if days when it comes to not raining. It does. It finally stopped raining at least for the moment. Though it was nice while my son was here.
@DianneN I can feel your jealousy in that last word I'm glad she liked her birthday gift. Your grandson will have a lot to do while he's there. Okay, October is getting closer. Are you closer to finding that dress yet?
@just4him I found a gorgeous dress for the rehearsal dinner. I'm going looking with my hubby in a few weeks when the fall clothes arrive. If I can't find anything at this shop, there are several others I can try. I also found someone who makes custom clothing if need be.
@DianneN Now that's a good option. I'm glad you found one for the rehearsal dinner.
I'm always happy to read about your busy life and hear what's going on with your family. I'm sure with the wedding coming up pretty fast you'll be telling us about that too. Have you gotten your dress yet? My weekend so far has been pretty quite but I'm fine with that.
Aww, thank you and happy Sunday! I bought a gorgeous dress for the rehearsal dinner as soon as we got to Boston. My husband has excellent taste and approved it, except for the price tag. He still can't get over the prices of designer clothes, shoes, and bags, but just laughs it away. He has no choice. lol We are going together to get my gown for the wedding where I bought one for my older son's wedding. He, a customer, and the salesperson talked me into it. As it turned out, it was the hit of the wedding. Too bad I don't wear the same thing twice. I plan to bring it to a consignment shop in Florida. I could get some good money for it.
@DianneN so?? what color is the gorgeous dress you got for the rehearsal dinner? I'm sure whatever you pick out for your sons wedding will be just as glamorous and you'll be stunning. I'm sure you'll get a good price for your dress if you sell it in Florida. When all of my 4 children got married I wore 4 different dresses (all of which I loved) but would never wear again either. Such a shame but that's the price of being beautiful
@Marilynda1225 It's emerald green and goes well with my eyeballs. That's all I'm saying. Lol! I wish you'd show your photos. I would never wear the same dress either, especially when everyone has already seen it. I wouldn't even redesign it. I get sick of clothes easily, but do love them!. We are girly girls.
A six hour party, jeez. Baby shopping is so fun to me
A long party is a sign of good food, plenty of drinks, and good company. We only left to get home to Doodles. lol I love baby shopping! Actually, any shopping for kids is fun.
@DianneN longest ive ever been to is 2 hours. Hate long gatherings.
@Courtlynn We are so different. I can spend forever with my family and friends.
• Portland, Connecticut
I went to a show at the Ct Rep Saturday and to church on Sunday, that is about the extent of my excitement.
Well, a show at the theater is always good! I met a lovely young lady who works with my son's fiancée. She worked on a play on Broadway with Tommy Sadowski, whose diapers I changed. She told me he was so nice to everyone. However, that was the play in which he met Amanda Seyfried and divorced his wife. Have a great week!!!!
• Portland, Connecticut
@DianneN I don't think I would ever marry an actor or actress, that seems to be all too common.
@BelleStarr It does, but then again there are many who aren't into that!
@garymarsh6 (12100)
Life is more important than mylot. You have had a busy few days! I hope the weather is kind for you next week. This weekend I have been busy catching up on chores and running errands and being taxi driver for my wife! Shopping cleaning washing and ironing and all the usual stuff. We have just finished dinner which I also cooked so all in all a busy weekend! Back to the salt mines tomorrow!
I love how you help out like my hubby does. It's good to have a nice clean home to start off the week, and again to start of the weekend.
@garymarsh6 (12100)
@DianneN It wont be tidy by the end of the week not with the grand kids descending on us
@garymarsh6 Tell me about it! We had to redo our family room because of the kids and their two dogs.
@ilocosboy (31759)
I escape a birthday bash of my batchmate in a beach resort in our town because I wanted to stay home and do some carpentry.
If you wanted to do some carpentry, then that's a good reason to opt out of a birthday bash!
I'm jealous of your massage! Nothing big going on around here.
You should be! It was heavenly. Lol!
Wonderful photo. The expecting young lady doesn't look big enough to be that far along. Just keep takin lots of pictures so that when you finally do get to mylot you can share some of them with us but always put Doodles first, you'll be back in Florida before you know it so take advantage of the time with him. Hopefully the weather will cooperate so you can hit the beach. Do people surf up that way?
She's due August 23 and should be putting on a pound a week soon. Lucky her to be head of the radiology department at the hospital. I didn't take one photo. My husband did. Doodles always comes first. We are so in love with him. He's like our baby! We live along Long Island Sound, so there are no big waves until we drive further east to hit the Atlantic Ocean, which is where we plan to go. We only body surf. lol
I'm so jealous @DianneN
@rebelann Lol! You are not!
@bluesa (11791)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Hi, dear Dianne. You've been a busy bee and have so much more fun times coming up :) . You look stunning in the photo btw. It was a cloudy weekend so I tried to stay indoors. Enjoy the rest of your weekend @DianneN .
Yes, busy, busy! Thank you! My husband told me it was a perfect casual dress to wear for the party. Several others wore casual summer dresses, too. My son's fiancée was wearing a pretty dress, too. We are very alike in the girly department. I hope your weather improves and doesn't get too cold. What is the best month to visit S. Africa?????
@bluesa (11791)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@DianneN , thank you, today the sun was out. I love the off the shoulders style. Autumn or Spring is the best time to visit, if extreme heat is a no no, so that would be April or September. Otherwise summer in December. xoxox
@bluesa I'm glad the sun was out today for you. It's lovely here. Just returned from walking Doodles. Thank you. I bought 3 or 4 dresses with the off the shoulder style and a gorgeous black lace top. You will see them over and over again. Lol! I'm bringing them to Florida, too. Are you talking about your spring and autumn or mine? lol Thanks!!!!
You have a hectic schedule for all those fun events. I am happy for you because you are enjoying them all. I really love your hair, the color and the style. It looks so classy and fits you well. Makes you look young.
Thank you! I am young!
@DianneN I agree. Me too, I am still young.
• Pamplona, Spain
Lots of causes and reasons not to be able to be here you just have all the fun you want and we read about it after. Me writing down a list of shops that I might be able to go to in Calahorra which has a good deal of clothes shops that is another story. Oh congrats on the baby hope it gets here just fine.
Thank you! Are you going on a vacation? We all hope the baby gets here just fine, too.
• Pamplona, Spain
@DianneN No, we can´t cash reasons but that is besides the point at the moment. We will take the odd days out of here and that is it. Let us know if baby arrives bless him.
@lovinangelsinstead21 Or her? Thank you!
@Blondie2222 (17591)
Sounds like a busy weekend but glad you got to spend it with family. I had a busy weekend also and spent my Sunday relaxing at home doing nothing.
Sunday I vegged out and fell asleep outside reading a really good book. lol
@Blondie2222 (17591)
@DianneN i've done that before. I did my reading indoors sunday. I was gonna go out tonight and read as it's cool outside but looks like it's going to rain so that is out.
@Blondie2222 If that rain looks like it's on the way, I'd stay indoors, too.
It's so nice when they are wonderful "excuses", right ? We were busy having some beach days (Hubby's birthday weekend)!
Happy belated birthday to your hubby! Nothing like the beach in my book!
@DianneN Thank you! The beach is the perfect place to cool down too (it's been so hot!).
@much2say It is always perfect!!!
@akp100 (13191)
Look like you had busy weekend there. Mine was quite boring and did nothing special. Just at home and watched few movies.
I love being home, but I also like going out. lol
@akp100 (13191)
@DianneN HA ha.. I love to travel, but unfortunately since couple of months I am not going anywhere. I seriously need break but not getting enough time for it.
@akp100 So sorry. I love to travel, too, but am fearful of it now with the craziness in the world.
Your cat loves long walks You've been busy! Hope you find some nice spots to take your son and his family when they visit
Doodles certainly needs the exercise! lol He sometimes takes a rest on a rock or in the grass. I get bored, so I pull weeds. I'd do anything for him. I found a museum and an aquarium!!!!
@DianneN Yay museum and aquarium sounds great to visit! Have you been there before? Yes, doodles is an active cat! That is great, keeps you busy too! Hehe
@infatuatedbby For sure! That's why you rarely see me here.
@Hate2Iron (7325)
It is definitely not going to the beach, but visiting Lake Winnipeg is on my to-do list for the summer. Next year we might not still be living here!!
Really? Where are you going???
@Hate2Iron (7325)
@DianneN I think that we have all decided that we want to go home. We are just a bit to far away from family here.
@Hate2Iron I don't blame you one bit! Where is home? Canada?
There is life beyond Mylot! I am hoping to find some fun today. We are going to visit my son and his wife in their new home. Plus I told hubby we "are" going fishing come hell or high water!
I hope you went fishing. I won't be on all weekend.
@DianneN we did go fishing and had a blast. Little Miss caught her first fish. She was so excited. Enjoy your weekend lady.
@ElusiveButterfly I'm so happy for L.M.!!! How exciting!!!! Thank you! We are having a wonderful time. My younger son and his fiancée are on their way over.