Busy day..

Yesterday started with a thunderstorm, which we thought was going to ruin all of our plans for the day. I had to get up early to take my daughter down to a friend's house so my daughter could sell some clothes at a garage sale. We don't have enough stuff here for us to sell, so that's why we opted to go sell my daughter's stuff at someone else's sale. It worked out well, my daughter made about $20. Whatever she didn't sell we donated. We had to pack up early as I'd been invited to a graduation party. So I spent the afternoon there, chatting with friends. It was nice. After I left that I took my boys down to get hair cuts, then brought my daughter to the thrift store so she could spend the money she earned on more clothes. She spent about $35 on more clothes although she had only earned $20, LOL. I also spent about $10 on a couple of tops. Now I'm broke until next payday! We have no plans for today. Tomorrow is the start of a new work week, and the day I have to give my notice as I'm starting a new job in a few weeks. Marching band will start up tomorrow as well.. so much for my slow season! What is new in your world?
Wow, nice that she could sell some of her clothes. Did you get the new job?
@katsmeow1213 Congratulations!!
@Juliaacv Thanks, I'm really nervous.
@katsmeow1213 that Is great you got the new job! I am so happy for you!
@Hate2Iron (7663)
I'm not sure that it what you could classify as "New" but I'm getting my meditation back on track. I set the alarm for 5 minutes and then continued a bit longer. When I opened my eyes, ten minutes had passed!!
Sounds good!
That is super you meditated so long!. I have read an article or two on meditation and I am going to try it soon. I hope to one day get as great at it as you are doing it! Hip hip hooray for you!
@Hate2Iron (7663)
@Marty1 I think the trick is to not stop. When life kind of fell apart, I could scarcely do it for even 5 minutes but stay with it, and it does tend to get easier for you...
How good your daughter must have felt selling some of her clothes. I laughed when she immediately went out to buy more. That's a girl for ya! You are a busy mom for sure! After you give notice, would it be possible to have your vacation a week earlier? They seem to owe it to you. I really don't know how those things work, because my vacations were built into my contract.
I need that particular week because the kids have band camp. I worked it out with the new employer that I'll at least get Friday off for my camping trip. I just have to work out rides for the kids to band camp everyday.
@katsmeow1213 We had lots of carpooling when I worked.
@DianneN I feel like I'm constantly depending on other people for rides for my kids. That's why I usually try to take band camp week off.. it is also VBS week so I spend my vacation running kids around. This will be the first week in years I haven't been able to take it off.
@Blondie2222 (21236)
Sounds like a very busy weekend but glad you had fun and your daughter sold some clothes. I love buying new clothes also. Enjoy your lazy Sunday once you got the cleaning done i suppose. Hope you have a great one.
I enjoy shopping for clothes too, though I don't actually ever buy much.
@Blondie2222 (21236)
@katsmeow1213 I don't either but i have enough clothes now to last me thru the summer. Then comes winter i'll have to buy winter clothes.
You really have been busy! No slow season for you.
Nope, never!
@rusty2rusty (6767)
• Defiance, Ohio
I spent less than $20 gift card to get a bunch of stuff yesterday ta the store. My daughter is loving to learn how I can get so much with so little.
I'm a good bargain shopper too