Home from my two week vacation but with problems

@ramapo17 (22610)
Melbourne, Florida
We finally got home from our two week vacation in the northeast after a 18 hour ride. I love going away and of course seeing the kids and grandson's but the long ride is a killer. To make matters worse, while away I was playing in the garden at my friends house and got either poison ivy, sumac or oak. Whatever I have it is itchy. I have to go out tomorrow and get some sprays to make the itching go away. Anyone have any suggestions on getting rid of the itching? I would appreciate hearing them. Thanks.
@kiran8 (15361)
• Mangalore, India
It is unfortunate that you have this itching . Neem oil is good for getting rid of itching . We use Tulsi or Basil juice mixed with turmeric powder too ..these are very effective. Placing ice cubes on the spot reduces swelling and redness of the skin . Hope you get better .
@vandana7 (62561)
Ice cubes yes...moisturizers..cold milk...turmeric...tried those..and they all worked.
@vandana7 (62561)
@kiran8 (15361)
• Mangalore, India
@vandana7 Yes they do work and since they are easily available , one might as well make use..
The pink lotion stuff.. no itching of course
@ramapo17 (22610)
• Melbourne, Florida
I think you are referring to calamine lotion. I did get some of that today also but the annoying part is in my hair. The pills did help but made me so tired I slept for a few hours. I could have also been tired from the 20 hour ride home.
@ramapo17 yes that. Didnt kbow how to spell it
@ramapo17 (22610)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Courtlynn Hahaha, I totally understand that.
Benadryl spray - works on many things.
@ramapo17 (22610)
• Melbourne, Florida
I took Benadryl many times to but forgot about that. I got pills that are similar to it. It is to soon if anything is working now. Probably tomorrow after having the meds for 24 hours should help.
You have possibly different products there, go to a pharmacy and ask for an anti itching spray.
@ramapo17 (22610)
• Melbourne, Florida
I did that today and got some of that and pills that will go through the body and hit all the areas. I haven't had this since I was a kid. Some of us will never grow up.
@ramapo17 This may happen to anybody. I hope you feel better today.
@ramapo17 (22610)
• Melbourne, Florida
@LadyDuck Thank you. The itching is not as bad today but the pills make me tired so I don't know if I am itchy or not.
My brother had poison ivy when he was a kid. My mother covered him in calomine lotion.
@ramapo17 (22610)
• Melbourne, Florida
I remember calomine lotion as I almost had a bath in it. I had to get shots as I got it in my eyes.
@ramapo17 (22610)
• Melbourne, Florida
I bought that too but most of the itchy is on my scalp.
@ramapo17 Ooh, that's not good.
@Hate2Iron (7662)
I was also going to mention that pink stuff... I think that it is called Calamine Lotion... We went through bottles of the stuff when I was a kid!
@ramapo17 (22610)
• Melbourne, Florida
Me too. It did help.
@Hate2Iron (7662)
@ramapo17 I think that we went through buckets of the stuff. If there was a poison ivy plant, it was sure to find me!!!
@ramapo17 (22610)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Hate2Iron I am the same way. Also poison oak and sumac. They are all the same way for me. Lots of itching.