Does Anyone Write Love Letter Anymore?

@mandala100 (39371)
Hong Kong
In the modern world of text messages, email , chat and video call does anyone care to write any love letter anymore? I remember writing my first love letter during my highschool days to the girl that I was then courting. I was so nervous and very excited to write my first love letter not sure on what I'm really saying there. I wrote it in a colored and perfumed stationary and put it inside an enveloped and send it to my crush through a third party. Oh, young love sweet love! For the boys do you still recall writing or composing your first love letter? How does it feel? For the girls, do you still recall recieving your first love letter and how does it feel? Does anyone write love letter anymore? Does anyone recieve love letter anymore?
I surely remember the first love letter I received, it was a very long time ago. I know people that still write love letters, but send them by e-mail.
@alberello75 (17154)
• Genova, Italy
Yes I agree Anna. E-mail, SMS, Whatsapp, Chat everywhere... is now easier to declare than in the past.
@alberello75 In the past you had to take paper and pen and to write, then buy a stamp and send the letter.
@alberello75 (17154)
• Genova, Italy
@LadyDuck Paper, pen and stamp, so I used them in the last years 90s and early 2000s, to send curricula for my "desperate" job search.
@sabtraversa (12985)
It was easy to write love letters at school, during a boring lesson. I wrote one but it ended up being too depressing and never gave it to the one I liked.
@alberello75 (17154)
• Genova, Italy
So practically, it's like you never wrote that letter. This is because the "recipient" never received your paper. True? However, you are 20 years younger than me. You are practically lived, already in adolescence, with the support of technology. In my time, it was not even allowed to use the calculator in class in the hour of maths!
@sabtraversa (12985)
@alberello75 Actually, some of my classmates read the letter. My mother also did, she was the one saying it was too depressing. The use of the calculator depended on the type of test, most exercises didn't require the use of a calculator. We came from a younger generation but our teachers didn't.
@alberello75 (17154)
• Genova, Italy
@sabtraversa And your classmates, what did they say after reading your letter? (Admittedly they are not your personal things of course) Concerning the use of the calculator I agree with you. "The Maths" includes 4 subcategories - arithmetic - geometry - algebra - mathematical analysis I "challenge" to not to use the calculator in math analysis. Where we have to enter in the concept of: integral, derived, exponential, limits, logarithms, etc.
Nope. I dont write or recieve them. And I'm fine by it. Not a big deal.
@mandala100 (39371)
@Courtlynn That's alright my friend. No rpoblem and I hope you're having an awesome day. See you around.
@mandala100 not awesome but alright
@mandala100 (39371)
@Courtlynn Ok see you around.
I can't remember ever writing a love letter. I suppose it is still done in some societies.
@mandala100 (39371)
@Kandae11 Yes my friend. I think that other people still love letter as long as romance and romantic feelings stills blossom in the human heart.
@alberello75 (17154)
• Genova, Italy
I believe in today's digital age, writing with "paper and pen" has made its time. I however, being lived my adolescence in a time, not so digitized as now, I have never written "Love Letters" It seems strange? Instead it's the truth!
@mandala100 (39371)
@arabello75 That's not strange my friend. There are some people who are shy by nature. I have a classmate back in highschool that we all know never write any love letter at all.
@alberello75 (17154)
• Genova, Italy
@mandala100 Yes, I was very shy in adolescence. Only recently, I have been able to "open" better towards the people. According to you, is it now much easier to make a "love declaration" at distance with the means that the new theologians make available for us?
@mandala100 (39371)
@alberello75 Some use the social media as a medium my friend and that I think is getting common these days. How are you today by the way? Hope everything is going ok in your part of the world.
@writerjo (1320)
@mandala100 yes, but not love letter that was a Love Diary with lot of my expressions wanted to show to her I loved her like anything was really crazy on her she was my world everything in those beautiful time. I could not erase those memories Through this topic You have induced my old moments
@mandala100 (39371)
@writerjo I'm glad that you still remember her my friend. where is she now my friend if I may ask? Thank you.
@writerjo (1320)
@mandala100 I hope she is in this earth That speaking eyes, serenity still comes & goes on top of my head Love extinct & not perished
@mandala100 (39371)
@writerjo Ok my friend and I undersatnd you. I'll see you later.
@Koomanter (103)
I've never written a love to a girl before, but I think it's romantic. Sometimes certain little things we do exhibit great love.:D
@mandala100 (39371)
@Koomanter You are right my friend. Love can be express in so many ways...in so many things.
I also think so.
@mandala100 (39371)
@Koomanter Ok then and I'll see you around.
@Prshnth (945)
• Bangalore, India
that's the only way of proposal shown to us in movies when i was a kid....but my friend write to a girl in my name in middle school
@mandala100 (39371)
@Prshnth Really? Maybe your friend was too shy to identitfy himself to the girl and what happened to the love letter was your friend able to sent it to the girl? Was your friend able to win the girls heart?
@Prshnth (945)
• Bangalore, India
@mandala100 that became a big news in my school and later i said sorry to her....i didn't loved her at all...my friend idiot did all this assuming i love her.
@mandala100 (39371)
@Prshnth Yes my friend I understand what you are saying and on what happened at the school. Your friend maybe was thinking that it was on a joke but not really not fair to the girl and to you. I'll see you later my friend.
@xiaolisu (1235)
I had received 2 love letter at my middle school. But the two boys are not my type at all. So i haven't a real romance when i was young. It is such a pity for me
@mandala100 (39371)
@xiaolisu I'm sorry for that tow boys who written to you love letter for failing to win your heart. What was your type of boy back then? Are you still single or married now my friend? Thanks.
@xiaolisu (1235)
@mandala100 still single
@mandala100 (39371)
@xiaolisu Ok my friend and I'll see you later.
@prashu228 (25820)
I never wrote any love letter. But have seen my friends circulating those..lol
@mandala100 (39371)
@prashu228 And why's that so my friend? Thanks.
@prashu228 (25820)
@mandala100 by the time I was young enough to write letters ,it's already email technology..
@mandala100 (39371)
@prashu228 I see and understand my friend. Thanks.
@thelme55 (14348)
Not anymore. It was so long ago that I can't remember.
@mandala100 (39371)
@thelma55 That's ok my friend no worries. How is your day?
@thelme55 (14348)
@mandala100 it was fine. I hope yours, too.
@Gabugs (1763)
Alas! Its sad that today's youth have forgotten to write letters; let alone love letters! That's sad @mandala100 Yes, my husband and I used to write love letter when we were dating. I had collected a whole big boxful, which I later discarded [ruefully!] when we moved several times.
@mandala100 (39371)
@Gabugs That's great! The exchanges of love letters between my wife and mine almost amounted to two baggages. It covers a period of almost 3 years while she was still my girl friend and she was then working in the Middle East as a nurse at that time. I almost write to her 3x a week! That was before the coming of all the text messages, email, video call and the whole gamut that we call the social media.
@Gabugs (1763)
@mandala100 How very romantic! I'm sure she has treasured all the love letters ever since.
• South Africa
Oh my - how I would love to receive a proper love letter, delivered by mail, hand written and not plagarised! I have a few love letter in my possession and they are cherished long after the author has left - I love to know that someone felt that way about me.
@mandala100 (39371)
@QuantumJoy Wow! That's great to hear from you about your thoughts on love letter.
I got my first love letter 20 years ago and later a couple more letters from my boyfriend who was serving the army. But the first one was anonymous and romantic, just like in the old times. Nowadays I sometimes express feelings in my emails. Do they count as letters?
@mandala100 (39371)
@Alternative4 Yes my friend in the modern sense of the word "letter".
@kiran8 (15361)
• Mangalore, India
Letter writing has all but vanished now. There are so many wonderful memories attached to letter writing and the first love letter you received. I was in high school , I remember and more than anything else I was scared ..I do write letters to my children occasionally and they too have written . I have preserved all the letters I have received from my husband and children.
@mandala100 (39371)
Wow! That's good to know my friend and thank you for sharing your experience.
I hope so! Being technical in those little things it loses the touch of sweetness and Love.
@mandala100 (39371)
@luisaannointed You are right on this. There's also the downside effect of modern technologies.
• Beijing, China
The first love letter I received was in junior high school, because when I was too young, I was scared to cry when I received it. The boy who wrote to me was never written again because of my cry, Now, in retrospect, it was especially funny
@mandala100 (39371)
@Cancergirl Yes I understand what you are saying. Thank you for sharing your experience my friend and we all really laugh to ourself when we recall those funny moments during our younger years.
I don't think so, in this era everything is almost instant. It takes time to write a letter. This is a fast paced society
@mandala100 (39371)
@popciclecold Yes my friend that's the trend today.
@waflay (2717)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Times are rapidly changing and with new technologies in place writing love letters have been replaced by other medias.
@mandala100 (39371)
Yes you are right on this my friend. Writing love letters is fast becoming a "forgotten art" in manner of saying. Thanks.
@Lucky15 (33418)
i got my first love letter from someone, that i thought is a friend, clueless me and i won't mind receiving one, i love the personal touch on it.
@mandala100 (39371)
@Lucky15 I wonder who was that secret admirers of yours? I'm glad that you still long to recieve a love letter.