Is P.A.A.R.I In Your Neck Of The Woods?

P.A.A.R.I stands for Police Assisted Addiction and Recovery Initiative. I met with a State Trouper today to discuss being involved in the program. It is a national program started by a small group of people with a heart for addicts. Here are my questions to you. Do you think this initiative helps? Have you seen it in action? Would you get involved if it were in your area?
P.A.A.R.I. is compiling the collective voice of law enforcement. The following agencies have joined us by lending their voice to the cause and/or by creating their own addiction programs. Arizona California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Illinois In
• Lakewood, Colorado
There is something in Longmont CO called Angel Initiative which is similar but I did not see anything about PAARI.
@TiarasOceanView The Angel Initiative is most likely PAARI as it is a program of the organization!
• Lakewood, Colorado
@Berniezeitler I see Bernie.
@sabtraversa (9885)
I saw documentaries, I think. They weren't specific to P.A.A.R.I., but I saw addicts were given chances to recover instead of going to jail. Well, that's pretty awesome. I'd also volunteer to this.
@sabtraversa that's exactly the point of it!
I would only get involved if a friend or relative needed help with addiction.
@sugartoes (34780)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I think it's a GREAT idea to help those that can't help themselves with addictions they have. would I get involved? well I would if I could help in some way or another donations I can't do but if I KNEW someone that needed the help I'd send them to the place to get it.