Movies: What I brought home from the library tonight

@CoralLevang (39715)
I looked on the shelf at my small library tonight and picked out five DVDs to take home with me. 1. Trumbo-- Movie with Bryan Cranston, Diane Lane, and Helen Mirren 2. Sebastian Bergman-- Swedish movie with English subtitles. Sebastian Bergman is a famous criminal profiler having written a best-selling book about the workings of the Criminal Mind. Played by Rolf Lassgard, famous for his performance as the original Wallander. 3. Jauja-- film in Spanish and Danish with English subtitles. I don't know much about it except that it is a western that I believe takes place in Argentina. 4. Madea's Family Reunion-- the 2006 Tyler Perry's movie featuring one of my favorite characters, Madea! 5. Bettie Page Reveals All-- a documentary of Betty Page's life, told in her own words. So, this should keep me busy for a little while. What movies have you seen lately?
@alberello75 (12961)
• Genova, Italy
The last movie seen recently (just two days ago) was "OUIJA". I'm fond of horror genres. This is by the year 2014, but it has to be a remake of other released years earlier.
@CoralLevang (39715)
I don't like horror films, but I do like psychological thrillers.
@alberello75 (12961)
• Genova, Italy
@CoralLevang Could you suggest me a movie of that kind that you saw? Even the ones I like.
@ridingbet (36277)
my brother lent us his USB that has some movies his son copied, and i read OUIJA. if this is a horror movie, i think we will watch it with my sister, right now.
I would definitely be interested in the Bettie Page DVD.
You a Bettie fan?
@CoralLevang (39715)
Me too.
@JohnRoberts - Yes, she rocked!
From your list I have seen Trumbo and I have liked it a lot. Recently I have watched "Bridge of Spies" with Tom Hanks, a very good movie, and Charlie Wilson's War, always with Tom Hanks and a lot better than I thought.
@ridingbet (36277)
the latest films that i watched on community channel were:the fate of the furious", and "wonder woman". last night, i also saw a part of Tom Cruise's "The Mummy". John Reacher 2 of Tom Cruise, i watched in my brother's USB. i haven't read or heard any of these movies you mention here.
@CoralLevang (39715)
I am looking forward to seeing Wonder Woman. Is it as good as I've heard it is?
@ridingbet (36277)
@CoralLevang yes it is good my friend. there are some scenes though, that you cannot see the relevance, but overall, it is a good movie.
@CoralLevang (39715)
@ridingbet I've actually heard complete ends of the spectrum when it comes to reviews. People seem to either love it or hate it.
• Preston, England
@CoralLevang A friend has lent me a copy of Trumbo as he knows I loved Cranston in Breaking Bad - must watch it soon
@CoralLevang (39715)
We shall both have to watch it and then compare notes!
Trumbo is of course about Dalton Trumbo who was blacklisted. If you aren't familiar with his work, the movie will fill you in. You got me on the foreign films. I saw The Notorious Bettie Page with Gretchen Mol but didn't know there was a doc.
I'm not familiar with any of these movies and I think the last one I saw was Masterminds on Netflix (a goofy comedy)
@shikharava (1897)
Grudge installments. Quite scary I must say. But lucky me I wasn't alone when watching them. My brother Jeremy was with me. I couldn't help but scream whenever Sadako appeared.!!! Gave me chills.
I haven't heard of any of those. I would need to look at Netflix to remember what I've seen.
@peachpurple (9629)
Sorry, I have not heard or seen those movies. Lately, I rewatched Pirates of the Carribean
@akp100 (13191)
Wow, 5 movies!! I have never heard there name though. No good movie since long. Watched recently in theater but it was kind of waste of money.
I've been watching some old Doris Day movies on TCM. Tonight it was Love Me Or Leave Me with James Cagney and Cameron Mitchell. She is so sweet and has such a lovely voice.
@tzwrites (3394)
I haven't seen any of those movies. I hope you enjoy them