Im Proud to say the V word!

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Life is beautiful and God is great! 56 Days alcohol free and their is more good news! I am now a Vegetarian as well!!!! Shocking right? So here is how it happened! On sunday my wife and I were on Netflix looking for something to watch and came across a new film called WHAT THE HEALTH. Here is where the life changing decision occured, I learned soo much about the harms and effect of eating meat and dairy and worst of all I had no idea. I encourage everyone to watch this inspiring and life changing film and you can probably save a life or two! Im still a foodie but now il be enjoying healthy meals! I have 5 days without eating meat and I can honestly say I feel the difference!
Congrats, your doing wonderful! I don't eat a whole lot of meat...but dairy-ouch! That's my big downfall, I love everything dairy.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Me too cheese is my weakness but it clogs your arteries from animal saturated fat
@BACONSTRIPSXXX Ew, you made that sound really disgusting. Lol. Thanks for that, it might have just helped with my cheese intake!
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
@LovingMyBabies Yeah I was sad myself
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I've done the vegetarian thing off and onn, but I like meat too much. There are things you loose from not eating meat as well. and 80 percent of the meat I eat is not red meat.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
you would be surprised the amount of protein in vitmains in a plant based diet that not even meat can provide, the whole we need meat to survive has been a big misleading lie
Exactly! Need meat! Lol
Congratulations ! I have been off red meat and chicken for thirteen years now, I still eat fish occasionally but I get most of my protein from lentils, other legumes, nuts and other sources. I don't miss meat and I saw the changes in the way I felt within a week, in fact I haven't had a cold in 12 years. When we are young we think that we will be healthy forever, but its later in life all the different ailments show up and we become a burden to our families and the health system.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Omg thats great to know, its only been 5 days for me but even now I feel better, im not soo tired and I have energy from all the veggies I eat. I made a delicious spinache pasta last night
@BACONSTRIPSXXX Keep it up.
@else34 (13656)
• New Delhi, India
@BACONSTRIPSXXX I congratulate you for the great decision you have taken.I come from a vegetarian family and know vegetarianism is good for our physical and mental health.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Yes it really is and I have a lesser chance of dying from heart disease, diabetes, and cancer
@else34 (13656)
• New Delhi, India
@BACONSTRIPSXXX Wish you a long, physically,mentally and spiritually healthy life.God bless.
@manikarnika (2008)
Yeah...That's really pretty good to hear.Many Saints too...Always they are vegetarians.It helps to gain wisdom too.We also take non veg regularly during weekends and also in some weekdays.During Examination we never eat Non veg food.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
I can honestly say I feel the differnce in my body already
Very good, but keep in mind that kids also needs proteins from meat. I am not vegetarian, but I eat meat only a couple of meals per week, white meat, usually chicken I eat fish, fruits and vegetables.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Yeah for protein I eat broccoli, spinache, kale, and eggplant which has more than meats
@BACONSTRIPSXXX I know, but proteins from vegetables are different from protein from meats. Be careful and talk with a nutritionist, do not trust everything you see on TV.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
@LadyDuck I hear ya either way I take Nutrilites XXX vitamins as well im sure il be fine. I dont want nothing to do with animal trans fat and proteins
I'll never go without meat and dairy. Whether I watch that or not. No idea why we were taught the food groups, and to eat a little every day of each one in school if people just want to constantly say they aren't good for you
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Lol then you should watch the film, it exposes that same food pyramid and the conflict of interest their is with the misonception of whats healthy and whats not
@BACONSTRIPSXXX everyone has their own opinion on whats healthy and whats not, even doctors and scientist. Noone in my family 50+ has problems from eating meat or dairy all their lives. And i dont eat veggies, yet I'm healthy and always have been. If the movie made you change your mind, good for you, and them as they did what they set out to do. Lol.
@BACONSTRIPSXXX not looking away, just dont care as it hasnt hurt me and its delicious
Rubbing my eyes . . . I can't believe it! I know it's better for us . . . but I must admit I can't go completely without - as much as I try . But we have cut down on the meat and dairy . . . bumping up our meals with lots more vegetables - raw if possible. So I just say we are occasional vegetarians .
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Yeah its better than consuming meat everyday
Oh man, no more hotwings. That's a tough give. Good for you. I admire your willpower.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Yeah no more hot wings bro it breaks my heart as well
You have to be sure to get enough protein which can be a problem for vegans.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Well their is a difference between vegans and vegetarians but im not worried about proteins I consume broccoli, spinache, kale, beans, and corn wich has more protein then meat in some circumstances
I am going to look for this on Netflix. I'm looking to make some changes healthwise but don't know if I could give up meat entirely. You sound very positive with all your changes and glad that you're seeing a difference in the way you feel.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Yeah its worth the watch I can send you a link here as well its on youtube
@sugartoes (34712)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I think this is what your talking about here?? if so you can put it in your post for OTHERS to watch.
(Also available on NetFlix). An intrepid filmmaker on a journey of discovery as he uncovers possibly the largest health secret of our time and the collusion ...
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
yeah thats the film!
@sugartoes (34712)
• Greencastle, Indiana
AWESOME! things we take for granted we never know till something slaps us in the face to make us change the way we live WOW. I don't eat meat everyday, sometimes I really don't eat (EAT) I just have something to kill the hunger & snack most the day but I'm really happy for you on changing your eating & drinking habits.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Yeah its a big difference and I feel healthier overall already
I eat no meat or fish. For women especially, meat is the enemy for heart health. I am a vegetarian for animal right's reasons, but the health benefits are a big plus.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Yeah meat alone raises heart related diseases by 60 %
I am on and off the veggie diet, I have chicken and fish. but yeah I am going back too. Proud of you!
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Thanks Andria I still have seafood every soo often