BAD weather in Indiana

@sugartoes (34812)
Greencastle, Indiana
Hello everyone on mylot I thought I'd tell you all we just went through some hard BAD weather the other day WOW we had thunder rolling like bombs going off. The rain was like a water fall with no end to it the wind blew as if it was going to blow us away I hate weather like that, & we had it for 2 days. We didn't get no tornadoes here THANK GOD but other places around us did & made a MESS it tore house's up flooded roads dropped trees. No one was hurt, cars got trapped in the floods our place got flooded & when we get rain like what WE DID everything is just PURE MUD. I don't mean just wet dirt, I mean like DOG POO mud! slippery, nasty, slick, hard to walk in MUD & takes DAYS to dry out, that sucks. So we just got done with redoing the outside wall on the cabin where it was getting soaked & now have a ditch to keep the water drained. BUT we need to figure out HOW to put a slant wall OVER that where the water just runs away from the building so that's gonna take work to do. Something like this (vision) > slanted wall /I<cabin wall we don't need but @ MOST 2 ft high to do this But to get it started is the problem of what we need. Here's the kind of weather we got the other day & this was just the START of what we ended up with by the time it was done 24 hrs later. Guess what folks? we're in for MORE tomorrow I hope not as bad but who knows right? & there's no way we can do anything with what we need to do till we get the stuff to do it with that SUCKS.
It was the 3rd day into camping for a week when this storm hit. Crazy hail, severe gusting winds, sideways rain....flash flooding. It was crazy! Weren't sure...
I'm glad it stopped raining. I've been in that kind of rain and walked in that kind of mud. Not fun. Makes me wish for snow all the more. I hope you won't get more rain like you had.
@sugartoes (34812)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@just4him their talking ANOTHER 2 days worth AGAIN.
@sugartoes That's not good. We started with rain this morning. I think it stopped only temporarily.
@sugartoes (34812)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@just4him no it's sure not & I hate it when I hear there's MORE coming
@sabtraversa (9899)
At least you were safe, and hope you still are and will be. Here rain doesn't last for more than a few hours (or minutes), yesterday we had some terrible thunderstorm, but again, lasted for a few hours. So we're now back to 95/100°F. Yay.
@sugartoes (34812)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@sabtraversa sorry to hear that you can come live here if you want, I bet you'll be glad to have the weather you get after being in some of the stuff we get in the states.
@sugartoes I know, at least we don't get tornadoes. But the world is changing, so we're experiencing weathers we didn't have before. Maybe in the future it won't make any difference where we live.
@sugartoes (34812)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@sabtraversa I know what you mean as I have been seeing a lot of difference in the weather around the world.
I hope you get the wall you need.
@sugartoes (34812)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@andriaperry we will as soon as we can get the area dried out & the money up thank you I hit the follow tab being you following me, thank you
Yes, I saw on the news that your area got hit hard. We are to get thunderstorms today. It is really dark out there now.
@sugartoes (34812)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Corbin5 stay safe & don't drive in it it can get very dangerous in a hurry, yeah we got some HARD nasty weather, but we're o.k THIS time.
You are getting all the rain. It is dry as a bone in Southern California.
@sugartoes (34812)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@JohnRoberts it won't be long you guys are suppose to be getting some too soon.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Send some of that rain this way. Its way too hot.
@sugartoes (34812)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@thislittlepennyearns ha ha ha if I could I would for real.
@VivaLaDani13 (16367)
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes That is just mental! Very sorry for the extreme weather you guys had!
@sugartoes (34812)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@VivaLaDani13 well winter is ALMOST on us so I have a feeling we're going to be in for some BAD days at the get-go, I HOPE NOT.
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes I hope not either.
@sugartoes (34812)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@VivaLaDani13 well from what I saw on the weather channel the other day it's not looking too good BUT you know that can change too everyday.
@nanette64 (13885)
• Fairfield, Texas
Dang @sugartoes you've had enough for awhile I think. Just don't send it down here to me; okay?
@sugartoes (34812)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@nanette64 awe now COME ON wouldn't you like to have some of this AWESOME weather we have here? I bet you will change your mind when you get so hot & don't SEE no rain for awhile you'll be hollering for it.
@nanette64 (13885)
• Fairfield, Texas
@sugartoes The grass is already up to my butt, so I don't need any more rain. I would be happy if the heat killed the grass.
@sugartoes (34812)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@nanette64 HA HA HA that's too funny you know what happens when you let grass get that high? creepy crawlies start inviting themselvs to your house.
Yikes that's some crazy weather you got there
@sugartoes (34812)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Marilynda1225 you sure got that right it's not all fun & games here when it comes to bad weather it's darn right SERIOUS.