Demon/Spirit Possession: Are They Real?

@mandala100 (25369)
Hong Kong
The 1973 fim "The Exorcist" that catapulted Linda Blair in her acting career still burns in the popular imagination and always ignites the question of demon or spirit posession... We often heard of so many stories, accounts, and even heard it over the news of reported cases of demon or spirit posession... Is there really such thing as "demon/spirit" possession? Are they real or a mere hoax or just a result of psychological disorder on the part of the person alleged to have been possessed? Do you know of any story of "demon/spirit" possession in your place?
I have not.Surely there must be someone out there who knows about this.
@mandala100 (25369)
@amadeo That's ok my friend. And how are you today? I'll see you later.
@mandala100 I am fine there.
@mandala100 (25369)
@amadeo That's good to know my friend.
In fact I don't believe the ghosts. There are many news about ghosts but I haven't seen the real case yet.
@mandala100 (25369)
@youless Maybe you are not taking a closer look my friend.
@Freelanzer (6460)
Not sure and I am scared of even discussing it
@mandala100 (25369)
@Freelanzer That's ok my friend. I'll see you later.
I do believe that it happens. I had witnessed this after the strong earthquake in my city in 1990.
@mandala100 (25369)
Is that so my friend? What happened there my friend?
@mandala100 (25369)
@Shavkat I'm sorry to hear that my friend.
@mandala100 That's fine. The city recovered after the natural disaster that time.
@Neiltarquin (1111)
• Rass, Saudi Arabia
I'm a strong believer that these entities actually exist. I'm a believer but never a fan of these. I'd rather use my time believing that Jesus can save my soul, than think of those nonsense that will never do any good to me.
@mandala100 (25369)
@Neiltarquin Thank you for you rcomment my friend.
• Rass, Saudi Arabia
@mandala100 no need to thank me, I always find your topic interesting. So keep up the good work and I will be posting comments. Have a good one.
@mandala100 (25369)
@Neiltarquin Thank you my friend and I'll also for all your upcoming post/discussion my friend. Bye for now and take care.
@Tracy04 (10691)
Maybe.
@mandala100 (25369)
@Tracy04 Ok my friend. I'll see you around.
@prashu228 (22865)
I don't believe , but heard stories regarding the same.
@mandala100 (25369)
@prashu228 Ok my friends we heard so many stories before.
I don't know of many and I don't honestly think they are real. I feel like back in the day like when "The Exorcist" came out it was more of the psychological disorders and we didn't understand them as well or we didn't want to admit that they were real or something was wrong. Mental disorders are still being misperceived in media today and it is still something that needs to be better researched and the public needs to be more informed about and we need to stop looking down on them as bad or scary things.
@mandala100 (25369)
@Yes my friend there are so many cases of mental disorder that needs to be research and study upon.
@excellence7 (3440)
• Mauritius
To be honest, I don't know. Sometimes I feel and think they are real while sometimes I am of the strict view that they aren't. I think I am undecided on this subject. I think life will give me the answer to this question in due time.
@mandala100 (25369)
@excellence7 Yes my friend I hope we really find the answer.
• Preston, England
@mandala100 such stories are a mix of hoax and hysteria.Biblical and medieval posessions were often just misunderstood epileptic seisures
@mandala100 (25369)
@arthurchappell Good to know that my friend.
@skydream (1050)
• Agate, Colorado
My best friend and I were talking about this yesterday. I think there's so much that happens is unexplaniable and is because of spirits or demons. Some probably has to do with a psychological disorder but with all evil that happens i think theres some kind of demons existing
@mandala100 (25369)
@skydream Thank you for your views and comment my friend.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Well, there's my ex-girlfriend, but that's just my perception.
I do not believe in demon/spirit possession, due to never have encountering any thing like that.
@mandala100 (25369)
Yes you are right---we either belive or not believe something based upon our own personal experiences.
@sallypup (21892)
• Moses Lake, Washington
How else do we explain Manson or Dahmer?