New discussions directed towards only one or a small group of other members

@sabtraversa (10033)
Italy
It's one of the rules we shall not break. Otherwise. Otherwise it happens all the time, who cares. Why can't I get a discussion all about me, but not written by me? I'm jealous. Maybe this is the good time a discussion of mine gets deleted! Discussions usually get deleted for much worse, so maybe this won't be the case.
I'm not a full experienced member if I've never had such experience, am I? I've been the only one who deleted my own discussions. I wish I had a discussion...
• Olney, Illinois
I'd report it but there's nothing to report. I can report it anyway, but Alex won't delete it. I could give you some ideas of what to discuss that would get deleted if you really feel left out.
@sabtraversa (10033)
@JolietJake Plagiarism in the title? Excessive complaining? Not enough? Thanks for your support though.
• Olney, Illinois
@sabtraversa Anytime darlin'
• Olney, Illinois
@sabtraversa You could start a discussion about members whose names end in the number 9
Very confused by this post
@sabtraversa (10033)
@Courtlynn It's about something that happens from time to time. It happened a few minutes ago. A person starts a discussion to complain about someone, this someone starts another discussion to answer back. The great myLot drama I'm never in, except as spectator.
@sabtraversa i saw that post, but this post was kind of confusing.
@sabtraversa (10033)
@Courtlynn I see. I did my attempt in surfing the wave, but my brain can reach the skies and fly away. Maybe it was the deletion part making it confusing?
I don't have a very exciting life. I mostly write about my crocheting.
@sabtraversa (10033)
@Debscrochet That's a good hobby to talk about, as it's somehow common here.
Those posts do end up getting deleted eventually
@sabtraversa (10033)
@infatuatedbby Yes, that's what happened to the posts that triggered this one. But I like a little of drama!
@sabtraversa Heheh but yours has lasted so it won't be deleted
@sabtraversa (10033)
@infatuatedbby The admins must secretly love me.
@alberello75 (14318)
• Genova, Italy
Forgive me Sabrina. It seems to me that your discussions do not violate the site Guidelines. So, I do not find the reason for their cancellation. So you know why? However to me, until now, no discussion has been deleted. Only 3 comments were deleted, as I wrote some sentences in Italian! And this is obviously not admitted!
@sabtraversa (10033)
@alberello75 "Excessive complaining" is a violation of guidelines, but my rant wasn't excessive enough it seems. I just thought it was cool to have a discussion deleted because I could easily start a new discussion complaining about my discussion being deleted, but it has never happened. That's what I said in the older discussion I linked to this one. Three comments aren't a big deal, but you learned the lesson and you're still here, so that's good!
@alberello75 (14318)
• Genova, Italy
@sabtraversa I see. Have you tried to explain the reason of your rant to the administrator? One user was banned here a few days ago (maybe you know it, but now I do not want to name him). His behavior here was really incorrect! However, he has now come in again here with another account. I hope for him that has learned the lesson!
@sabtraversa (10033)
@alberello75 I didn't have to explain anything, it would be crazy to ask the administrator to delete my discussion (when I can do that myself) and then complain the adminstrator deleted my discussion. Yes, I know who you are talking about. But I didn't notice he was banned.
@shikharava (1867)
I was there too when it was deleted. I posted a page long comment. But all was swooooosh ... Gone.
@sabtraversa (10033)
@shikharava All that effort gone wasted, I know the feeling.
@sabtraversa not all:) I learned the 11th commandment. "Keep it low, or thy post be deleted."
@sabtraversa (10033)
@shikharava Good teaching.
@garymarsh6 (12738)
I am not aware of any of my discussions being deleted and as long as it is not insulting to others there should be no reason to delete it?
@sabtraversa (10033)
@garymarsh6 It sometimes happens that someone starts a discussion to criticize another member, most of the time names are just implied. And these discussions might get deleted, although it's often the original poster that does so. This discussion I started was actually made because of two people posting about each other, so I'm guilty of doing the same thing. But I'm too good for my discussions to be deleted.
@garymarsh6 (12738)
@sabtraversa I guess if it is complementary then it is ok but if it becomes personal then it is not nice!
@ridingbet (40076)
maybe a discussion that is about links that compare mylot with other paying sites? is this for deletion? i don't know, really.
@ridingbet (40076)
@sabtraversa no, i don't think so. you are just voicing your thoughts about that.
I remember this discussion! But I'm afraid you will still not get deleted for this one, if that is the intention. I still have yet to have a discussion deleted too . . . maybe someday we'll get there .
@sabtraversa (10033)
@much2say True, they say water won't start to boil while you look at it.
@sabtraversa And when you don't look at it after it boils, it boils over .
Sad but some posts are not worth our times. I don't get it to be honest.
@sabtraversa (10033)
@sharon6345 I like a bit of drama from time to time. Yeah, I'm weird, I know, no problem.
@sabtraversa That is good if your ok with it.
@kepweng (7344)
jealousy is not the answer in peace envy is the answer for foods
@sabtraversa (10033)
@kepweng Right, actually I'm not jealous, I was just overreacting to something trivial.
I didn't see that post but I've seen others that complain about a specific person or people here and that's not allowed. It's very petty for that to happen and I've seen most of them get deleted. Also, I've seen some that if you don't agree with their point of view, they come right out and say that if people don't agree then we are stupid and things like that. Some are just ignorant.
@sabtraversa (10033)
@Susan2015 Yes, that's exactly what happened. I've become thick-skinned to the online world, so I just think it would be cool to get all that attention, although it's bad. Well, not bad, just worthless.