A Little Innovation, and a Little Rain

Princess
Marion, Kansas
So I said earlier that we have beans in the crockpot, and I would take some biscuits that are already cooked out of the freezer to go with them. Do you know how awful biscuits are warmed up in the microwave? Absolute cardboard. I got the biscuits out and arranged them neatly on the lid of the crockpock. Free gentle heat. I turned them over and they are going to be perfect. I could start a discussion about us having rain, but I will just add it on here. I got my lawn finished and the mower put in the shed just in time. First I heard distant thunder, then big fat plops of drops of rain. Now we have a steady downpour. This is good. It is cooler, and Princess is disgusted as this is when she usually goes outside.
I know I sound like a broken record, but I'll say it again. I would love to see and feel some rain.
• Marion, Kansas
I will try hard to wish it for you. It had been about ten days since we had had any.
Never had them from the microwave so wouldnt know
• Marion, Kansas
Bread in general gets really tough when warmed in the microwave.
@GardenGerty i don't heat up or cook any in there so woulsnt know.
Princess is so cool in curling up this time.
• Marion, Kansas
She just really loves to make herself comfortable where ever she chooses.
@sallypup (26314)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Pretty little Princess kitty. That was a good idea about warming the biscuits. I've done that in our little steamer.
• Marion, Kansas
I find myself wishing I had a steamer.
@sallypup (26314)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@GardenGerty I bought mine in a second hand store.
Princess is curled in a classic cat position.
• Marion, Kansas
Yes, it always makes me want to just snuggle myself.
@sueznewz2 (9704)
• Alicante, Spain
No ...there are quite a few things that are not good when they've been in the microwave,...i'm glad you had some more, so's you could still have them with your meal ..
• Marion, Kansas
I love breads of all kinds but should limit them in my diet. So when I have made a quantity I always freeze it.
@sueznewz2 (9704)
• Alicante, Spain
@GardenGerty yes... same her..I love bread..hut have to be carefull how much I eat... I have not tried making my own... I think it would be too tempting...lol
Many things are not good heated in the microwave, also the bread becomes cardboard.
• Marion, Kansas
I know some other things lose their texture in the microwave.
@GardenGerty The microwave is good to thaw frozen food and to heat some things like lasagna.
Now, dog days here,it is hot and suffocating.We hope there is a heavy rain that make it cool down.
• Marion, Kansas
It is not quite what we call dog days here, but we have had a lot of heat last week. It did end with a big thunderstorm. I hope you have rain soon as well.
@GardenGerty There is no sign of rain now with the temprature hovering around 35C (95F).
@ElicBxn (60762)
We've had a bit of rain here the last couple'a days, but the heat is coming back and we are looking at real triple digits the rest of the week.
• Marion, Kansas
We are far enough east here that we are not quite hitting 100. That rain will make things steamy too.
@Tracy04 (10575)
I can't see well..... Cat crumpled up?
• Marion, Kansas
Cat all curled up aslpeep on a bathrobe.. She is black and it is hard to see the details. She has her paw over her nose.
@jeanena (1616)
• Bucklin, Kansas
I never thought about that as a way to warm bread. I will remember that though. I use the crock pot a lot to cook .
• Marion, Kansas
Hi, haven't seen you around in a while. Yes, I use the crockpot a lot. I think I may put them in foil next time and see how that goes.
Glad you got the mowing done.
• Marion, Kansas
Me too. since we had rain now I will start again on Tuesday.