The Beauty Of A Stormy Sky

Stormy Sky - Personal Photo @LadyDuck
Switzerland
The morning has been fresh, after a stormy night with heavy showers. We had to go out in the afternoon, the sky has been partly cloudy all the time, I thought it was going to rain again. Back we are, it has not rained yet, but coming down our little private road the view of the sky is pretty impressing. I took a photo to share with you. The car is in the garage now and the wind is starting to blow. Soon another storm will cool down the air. It's a weird month of July, with an alternation of hot days, storms and cool nights. How is this month of July doing so far, where you live?
I like your photo. July has been strange here as well. Usually we do not get a lot humidity but lately it has been much higher than usual plus we have had more cloudy days which is also unusual for our desert region. I am actually missing the clear blue skies we should be getting. Oh, I am not doing any rain dances for now, I am afraid if I do we will get too much rain all at once.
This year is surely more humid than usual. We had a lot of rain during the night. It was very pleasant to hear the thunder, a cool air came inside from the opened windows.
This strange weather seems to be all over the world @LadyDuck well, I wonder what August holds in store for us.
@rebelann Yes, it seems that there are no countries spared. I also wonder what August will bring.
Heavy showers - wow - oh I love a very gray day - that's when I feel most productive! Well, our July has been hot but tolerable. We had some earlier days of triple digit degrees, but the heat has tamed down to steady 90s - and according to the forecasts that is how it will seem to be for the next week.
We also started with some too hot days, I was scared at the idea of a very hot July. Now it's a nice temperature, I hope it will last.
@LadyDuck We always anticipate hot summers period out here. Still it has not gotten as hot as it can get - and I'm afraid that will be coming in August/September (that's the usual pattern anyway). I hope the nice temps stay for you too!
@much2say I am glad with this cooler temperature, I do not like too hot weather. August and September are bearable, the days are so much shorter, at 8 PM is dark in August, while now it is still clear at 9:30.
@shshiju (9323)
• Cochin, India
That's a good image sky filled with black clouds. Here it is rainy also.
I am hoping for another storm.
@shshiju (9323)
• Cochin, India
@LadyDuck Wish you stay home and be safe at storm Anna.
@shshiju We are at home for the rest of the day now.
We just got past a few days where the heat index was over 100 F, rain last night cooled it down a lot but the humidity is still rather high so it's kind of sticky right now
A little rain it's not enough, it only increases the humidity. I hope we are going to have another storm, now it's sticky and unpleasant.
• Preston, England
the skies are fluctuating from cloudy to clear and back again here too
It has been this way all the day, I am glad we are at home, the colour of the sky could indicate possible hail.
• Preston, England
@LadyDuck never nice to be out in hail - at least with rain or snow you just get wet and cold
@arthurchappell I agree and the car does not appreciate at all the big hail.
It has been a very hot month, I wish we would get more rain.
We had some very hot days, but then the storms came in and the temperature cooled a bit. It's not too bad right now.
July started off hot and humid, but today is cooler and free of humidity. Not a bad month so far.
• Rass, Saudi Arabia
Summer is really here.
I would say the same, it's not too bad for a month of July, we have known years more hot and humid.
@Neiltarquin Yes it is, but it's not a very hot summer.
@nanette64 (13899)
• Fairfield, Texas
A lot of rain, which is weird for July in Texas @LadyDuck .
It has been a weird year since the beginning. We had a very mild winter and now we have a wet summer.
@nanette64 (13899)
• Fairfield, Texas
@LadyDuck It sure makes it confusing as to what clothes to wear every day. Shorts, slacks, boots, coat, t-shirt; geez!!
@nanette64 I would cover me up completely, there are horrible mosquitoes here, they love me.
@Mamerto32 (669)
• Canlubang, Philippines
It is rainy season here in the Philippines, though the weather is highly unpredictable. Mornings could be warm and sunny while afternoons could bring thunderstorms. I love rainy weather though, as the cooler breeze relaxes. Do you also get occasional whirlwinds? Here in our place it is rare, but we are unlucky enough to see a waterspout in the lake after a heavy thunderstorm.
Usually July is a dry month, but this year we already had several days with heavy rain. We can get strong wind from the Alps, but not whirlwinds.
• Canlubang, Philippines
@LadyDuck and it was a good thing we never got heavy rains today although the sky is grey. Wow it must be great to view the Alps.
@Mamerto32 I love to see the Alps in the distance.
• Marion, Kansas
Again you and I have very similar weather even though we live so far apart. Rain and storms last night and clouds today with cool temperatures.
• Rass, Saudi Arabia
I envy you...
@GardenGerty It is incredible, most of the time we have exactly the same weather. This morning is partly cloudy and fresh, a lot cooler than the average temperature of July.
@dragon54u (31339)
This is supposed to be our rainy season but no rain yet! A few clouds but they are white. I love the look of a dark grey sky in daytime and how green trees look against it, so beautiful! I never see that here, just the grey skies, not a lot of trees here in the desert. I miss the storms back in the Midwest which are as you describe, with winds picking up before the rain and then the thunder and lightening. You are very blessed to have stormy weather and beautiful green trees and grass. Enjoy your beautiful rainy day!
I love the color of the trees against a dark sky. Here we still have a few rays of sun, now it's all cloudy. I like the stormy rain, it does not last long, but it cools down the temperature. The color of the fields under a storm in the Midwest must be beautiful.
@sabtraversa (9907)
Here it's windy but the sky is blue. And it's the same as there, hot days (we touched 40°C) and cool days because of one hour of thunderstorm. July is currently being a joke weather-wise.
My mom said that they had a little rain in Milan, but the sun was back today. It is an unusual month of July. We also touched 38º C that for Switzerland is not a normal temperature.
@vsai2008 (7610)
That's really an amazing pic :) It has been raining at my place as well Cloudy for the most part of the day and raining at late evenings, temperatures have been low though. We didn't experience hot days
It's fine when the temperature goes down at least a little bit. Happy week end to you too.
Our Jul has been very rainy and quite hot and humid. Yesterday was nice and dry and today should be dry But rain Monday and the rest of the week until Friday dry! THose are ominous looking clouds, and i don't think I have ever seen them that bad around my area. I hope you get some cool weather and the humidity stops.
We had a thunderstorm and yesterday a pretty cold wind. Now it's dry and breezy, a nice temperature too.
@LadyDuck Good that you have cooler temperatures we had a cool weekend but are supposed to get very humid sometime this week, I can't tell how humid today will be as i stepped onto the porch for the newspaper at 8:30 am this morning, and i stayed a few minutes and didn't know if it is humid or not. i will see when I to go to the doctor this afternoon! I hope this weather will last for you for a few weeks at least or longer!
@Marty1 It is a bit more humid today, but not very hot, so it's bearable.
That sky looks very black indeed.
And finally we had our late afternoon thunderstorm. I do not complain because we have fresh nights.
@LadyDuck We have been having quite a bit of thunder this afternoon but so far only a few spots of rain.
@JudyEv Judging by my headache we are ready for another storm soon.
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Nice clouds, yet so meaningful rain would soon drop. Those dark clouds signal people to get ready and be safe.We also have some rains here every late afternoon and early evening, yet in the day, climate retains its hot temperature.
The temperature is perfect today, fresh, breezy, not humid. I like the summer storms.
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@LadyDuck , that is true, summer storm cools the surrounding and people.
@cacay1 It's a very pleasant day today after the storm.
@silvermist (15794)
You have come up with an absolutely beautiful photo.Calm before the storm.Here the rains have not visited us as is usual in July.
Aside the dark sky, everything was calm, no wind, nothing and one hour later it was pouring rain.
@silvermist (15794)
@LadyDuck And did you spend some time watching the rain?
@silvermist No, it was almost dinner time and I was busy cooking in my kitchen.
@dgobucks226 (6854)
Anna, we are getting the same weather. 95 degrees the other day. Thunderstorms now. Hope it cools things off for both of us!
The thunderstorms cooled the air, we had 59 F early this morning, I have all the windows open, the air is fresh and great. I hope it cooled down at your place also.
@LadyDuck Yes it is much better here. We had thunderstorms the last 2 days so it really helped. Sunshine is coming out and 75 F right now. I'll take it
@dgobucks226 We have the same kind of weather right now, it's fine, I hope it lasts.
@valmnz (13198)
• New Zealand
The sun is shining again here after the storm, I'm just back from a long walk.
We arrived at home only a few minutes before it started to rain. It's beautifully fresh here this morning.
@valmnz (13198)
• New Zealand
@LadyDuck There's nothing like a refreshing rain fall to clear the air!
@valmnz I agree, I like the smell of the air after a storm.
@YrNemo (8744)
some light rains on/off with a gloomy sky at times, like the weather can't make up its mind.
This year the weather seems not to know what it wants to do. I do not complain if it's not too hot, I dislike too hot days.
@YrNemo (8744)
@LadyDuck I don't care for the extreme heat either. Have to admit, for a year or two now, we haven't got genuine summers / winters. I don't know what to think.
@YrNemo Same here, the past winter has been very mild, almost no snow. It must be what they call "global warming".