Friday and Arrangements for the Weekend

Petropolis, Brazil
As I work from home, it doesn't matter much if it is Friday or Monday, but when I used to work in schools, I remember everyone counting down the days for Friday to come quickly. After a good night sleep and all my translation projects done for the day, it is time to set what the weekend will be like. As I don't like much to be out, this Saturday I will watch some TV and relax. I am also planning to continue my reading and continue writing my short story and essays for some blogs I take part in my own language. Sunday I need to go to a restaurant as it is my sister-in-law birthday and we will meet to have a good time together. The restaurant is a new one in town and I heard it is a good and calm new place to be with friends. What are your plans for the weekend?
@shikharava (1851)
Nothing really special. I'm gonna finish my blog material now. The deadline's tomorrow. I don't plan or as such. I live in the moment. I don't know where I'll be tomorrow and what I'm gonna do.
• Petropolis, Brazil
It is also a way to live!
My husband is running a 24-hour marathon this weekend, so I will be home with the pup. She is a very demanding pup who pesters me all the time, but we love her.
• Petropolis, Brazil
Wow, 24h marathon for your husband? Jesus, he is the Six Million Dollar Man! My dog will also be here with me asking for everything! Oh Lord, they make us crazy, but we love them, I know we do!
@manandezo You and I will both be ruled by our pups!! Oh well, they sure do give a lot back. My husband is 68 years old and in great shape. It is chilly here, and I told him to make sure to bring along really warm clothes. All he wants to do is run 31 miles, and the runners will take breaks in that 24 hours. I am sure the younger runners will run more than 31 miles, but glad he is not trying to do more than that.
• Petropolis, Brazil
@Corbin5 These marathons are incredible! We had Rio City Half Marathon this month (I think it was this month) and this is a huge gathering every year and a great party for so many people. I like the environment and love to see all runners even on TV. Running is something good and I will be doing it soon. I promised already and I will try hard! =) I am glad your husband does that and I will think about this conversation when I go back to my running schedules! Thank you for the great conversation and my compliments to your husband!
@mandala100 (52369)
@manandezo Nothing in particular just my weekend routine my friend.
• Petropolis, Brazil
So have a nice time with the regular routine as well! Many times I work a lot, but now I will do something different!
@mandala100 (52369)
@manandezo That's a good thing to hear from you my friend.
@gauti2483 (595)
you are right my dr friend when have to work in my college then i remember date ,day and time but when i have to work in my home then i forget date ,and day
• Petropolis, Brazil
It is always so interesting. Sometimes I forget I work from home and when Friday is just around the corner I feel so happy. Then, I think: "you work from home"! All excitement is gone, but still happy to be home.
@manandezo hahahah
@rona07 (1662)
There is nothing much to do for the weekend. Maybe some tv. And finding ways to earn online as a sideline.
• Petropolis, Brazil
Alright! Earning is also a great thing to do! Have a great weekend @rona07!
Although I would like to stay in bed all day and recharge my batteries, I know that there's much to be done before I can enjoy that luxury. Today I will get some painting done while I attempt to sell a painting I've already completed. Tomorrow I have dinner plans at The Cheesecake Factory for my cousin's birthday. Sunday I have a religious meeting to attend.
• Petropolis, Brazil
I understand you @Tinkerlov! Sometimes all we need is to stay in bed the whole day and think about nothing.But, this is a luxury, I know. There are times, and these times are so much, I work months and months without stop and when I stop I need one entire weekend doing nothing, really nothing. Hope you have a great time!
I don't have any fun plans this weekend except for going to church on Sunday. =) Tomorrow I will be packing more, Mylotting and taking care of my kids. I hope you enjoy your weekend and get some writing done! =-)
@Morleyhunt (21308)
I'm retired ....what is a weekend? The last 5 days have been spent running back and forth to the hospital....visiting my elderly father who fell and broke his hip.
• Walnut Creek, California
Had two music gigs and some progress notes to write. All done now. I'm going to hit the pool.
• Beijing, China
No special plan,stay at home and reading some books