Homemade Pizza

@sishy7 (26767)
Australia
# 77 That’s what we had for dinner the other night. My husband made the crust from scratch. I think it turned out really good - thin and crispy just as I like it… I helped with the toppings. We made three different kinds. One was just cheese pizza (with lots of extra cheese on it), I put some pepperoni on the second one, and the third one was pictured... That last one was really a mix pizza. We just kind of put whatever we found in the fridge. The toppings were spinach, broccoli, mushrooms, shrimps, and mozzarella cheese. I guess that’s the beauty with homemade pizza – it’s really free style, we can put whatever toppings we want and however much or less we want each topping to be... What toppings do you like on your pizza?
• Lakewood, Colorado
I love home made pizza and I too like thin crispy crust. I only like for toppings anchovies and black olives and mushroom
@sishy7 (26767)
Oh... I don't know too many people who likes anchovies as toppings... Most I know avoid them... I don't mind them myself... When I order seafood pizza, they would ask me if I want the anchovies and I would say 'yes'...
• Lakewood, Colorado
@sishy7 Oh you are unusual sishy..no one or at least not many like them here. It is my Sicilian heritage that my Father always made pizzas like that.
@pgntwo (21546)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
I love the toppings you mention, @TiarasOceanView - anchovies and black olives were made for pizza!
That pizza looks delicious! I like mushrooms, black olives, and green pepper on my pizzas.
@sishy7 (26767)
If we had some black olives and green pepper then, I'm sure they'd end up on the pizza too...
@Nawsheen (22862)
• Mauritius
The pizza looks so delicious. We normally put tomato paste, chicken/beef, pepper, olives, sweetcorn and mozzarella cheese.
@sishy7 (26767)
oh, the corn is something new for me...
that looks super good. I usually use a tortilla and simply put whatever I want on it then bake. I haven't done that in quite a while.
@sishy7 (26767)
Oh yes, tortilla can be used too... I've done pizza on flat bread before...
Yes, flat bread is good as well @sishy7 I love melting a lot of cheese on some flat bread then dipping it in tomato sauce as I eat it .... or salsa when I have some.
@sishy7 (26767)
@rebelann That sounds good too... I'll remember that the next time I have some flat bread... melted cheese and salsa remind me of nachos - add sour cream while we're at it, no?
I am usually an everything-on-it pizza . . . but not when we do it at home (too many ingredients to chop up just for my own pizza ). Did you guys make the sauce from scratch too?
@sishy7 (26767)
I think he used pizza sauce from a bottle but added some other ingredients or seasonings (don't ask me what exactly they are... ). I do know he added some different ingredients for the pizza pictured, one of them was soy sauce, I think...
@sishy7 Ah, he uses some secret ingredients !
@sishy7 (26767)
@much2say Not so much that he keeps it a secret - just that I don't know what they are...
wow yummy
@sishy7 (26767)
Thank you! Do you make your own pizza too?
@sishy7 I can not do this, but I order my country from KFC.
@sishy7 (26767)
@allison6668 You can order pizza from KFC there?
@DaddyEvil (22035)
Well, your first two pizzas sound good, but I would have to pass on the third... (I am really not a fan of pepperoni, either, but I will eat it if there is nothing else.) My favorite pizza toppings are Italian sausage and mushroom, but Pretty won't eat mushrooms so I very rarely get my choice of toppings. Usually, if she chooses, we end up with Taco pizza or Canadian Bacon and Cheese pizza. (I will eat those, so it is not like I starve when we order them. I have even quit crying now when she only orders those types of pizzas! LOL!)
@sishy7 (26767)
Taco pizza... hmm, that's a new one to me and sure sounds interesting... What toppings do they have? Do they have crunchy tortilla, or some taco sauce, maybe?
@DaddyEvil (22035)
@sishy7 It is regular pizza crust covered with a layer of bean paste, browned hamburger over that with cheese, lettuce and tomato and then Doritos Nacho Cheese Chips broken over the top. (Lettuce, tomato and chips are added after the pizza cooks.) They give us taco sauce packets to put on the pizza when we get it home. We get these pizzas at Casey's General Store. Casey's is a convenience store in the southern and western U.S. (I have only seen it here and south of us plus all the way in California when we were there several years ago. I have never been further East than Pennsylvania, so have no idea if it is on the East Coast, too. I don't remember seeing any Casey's stores in Pennsylvania.) Edit to add: Pretty has made a few Taco Pizzas here at home. She doesn't like making the crust, though. So we only buy it from Casey's now.
@sishy7 (26767)
@DaddyEvil Oh, I don't remember seeing Casey's in California... First time I heard the name of this convenience store, actually... In the frozen section of some supermarkets down here, they have pre-made pizza crust... I don't know how good they taste, but it seems like a convenient thing to have when we want to make our own pizza at home without worrying about making the crust from scratch... The Taco pizza sounds just like how I imagine it would be... I'll remember to try that next time we make pizza... I don't think I've seen it offered in any of the pizza stores we've been...
For my pizza a very simple topping, tomato sauce, mozzarella and basil (Pizza Margherita), I like the crust and I do not want to kill the taste with too many ingredients, but I am Italian, so I am partial to pizza.
@sishy7 (26767)
Simple is good! One of my sons prefer just pizza sauce and cheese on his pizza... That's why we made the first one just a simple cheese pizza...
@sishy7 I only like mozzarella cheese on the pizza, no any other kind of cheese and very little cheese.
@sishy7 (26767)
@LadyDuck We also only use mozzarella for pizzas... But we put a good amount on it... Then my son would still sprinkle some parmesan on just before he eats his piece...
@rubyriaz007 (1736)
I love homemade pizzas.My mom makes pizzas for us. The toppings she uses to make pizza are chicken, corn, mushrooms, sausages, olives, paneer, tuna, and cheese.
@sishy7 (26767)
Sounds delicious... What is paneer?
@sishy7 It is cottage cheese. Paneer is the Indian name.
@sishy7 (26767)
@rubyriaz007 Oh, I see... Thanks for that...
@ya2017 (50)
Pizza is yummy.
@sishy7 (26767)
Yes, it is. And there are so many different varieties of it too so practically anyone can always enjoy a pizza of their choice...
@ya2017 (50)
@sishy7 how much will we save when buying homemade than instant pizza
@sishy7 (26767)
@ya2017 Oh, I haven't really counted how much but there are benefits of having either homemade or store-bought pizza...
@ridingbet (36661)
your pizza looks so palatable. i like all toppings but i still prefer the simplest cheese and pineapple.
@sishy7 (26767)
I like that combination too... I didn't have pineapples at the time, or else I'd put some on the cheese pizza for sure...
@ridingbet (36661)
@sishy7 do you refer the thin crust, or the thick one?
@sishy7 (26767)
@ridingbet Thin crust... The one in the picture was thin crust, just the edges looked thick the way he did it...
That looks delicious! I like making homemade pizza, because as you said, I can put as many toppings on it as I want with as much of them as I want, and I don't have to pay extra for them! I do like the local pizza from the Italian place, though. Theirs seems to taste different than ours. Someone said it is the oven they use, because they have the specialty pizza oven.
@sishy7 (26767)
PA! How I've missed you so! I'm so glad my pizza can lure you all the way here so I can see you... Oh yes, I bet a specialty pizza oven would make all the difference in taste... My husband said that too - he dreams of having a traditional pizza oven which sounds just like an old-fashioned and hard-to-use oven to me...
@sishy7 I missed you, too! If you offer me food, then you can lure me back from just about anywhere! My memory is not so good at the moment (I am assuming that it is due to extreme stress), but I think I was talking with MysD about the pizza ovens a couple months ago. I do think that they are more old-fashioned and harder to use, but they sure do make the pizza taste better.
@sishy7 (26767)
@purplealabaster I don't know what causing you to be under such stress but I do wish you well and that you will be relieved of any stress soon... Take care!
It's nice to be able to add whatever toppings you like.
@sishy7 (26767)
Yeah, without worrying how much extra charge that would be...
@sishy7 Some shops charge extra for every little thing, That makes me a bit cross.
@sishy7 (26767)
@JudyEv They sure do... Like when we want half/half toppings on a pizza... Or the surcharge they force on customers when they open for business on public holidays...
Your pizza looks inviting. I have done pizzas from scratch. Good you reminded me. Shall be at it again
@sishy7 (26767)
What toppings do you usually put on your homemade pizzas?
@sishy7 Scrambled egg, cheese, some vegetables and a lot of tomato sauce.
@sishy7 (26767)
@allknowing Scrambled egg... hmm, I've got to try that on pizza!
@pgntwo (21546)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Home-made pizza is a favourite in our house, although I never tried shrimp or prawns on it. I use the dough setting on the bread machine to make enough dough for 3 decent-sized thin and crispy pizzas. I make my own pizzaiola sauce for the top, too. Delish!
@sishy7 (26767)
Yum! If I have a bread machine I'd probably be more confident to make the dough providing it gives me exact instructions of what to do step by step...
@pgntwo (21546)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@sishy7 If you can make a cake from a packet by following the instructions, the dough-making bit is as easy as falling off a log.
@sishy7 (26767)
@pgntwo I got it...
OOOoh that looks yummmmmmy ! Instead of using the typical red tomato sauce, mom and I use an olive oil, garlic and onion based sauce that is loaded with steamed broccoli, steamed cauliflower, spinach, mushrooms, and lots of different cheeses baked to perfection
@sishy7 (26767)
Oh, yours sounds so good too... Do you do the crust from scratch too?
@sishy7 no not anymore BUT found a really good mix that is all natural and takes about 2 hours to rise and then 20 minutes to bake !
@dollaboy (6337)
I Bet, Homemade are always best
@sishy7 (26767)
Yes, it is... Requires more work perhaps, but it's all worth it in the end...
@dollaboy (6337)
@sishy7 hmm , that's for sure, Sishy 7
It seems there is lots of cheese for the pizza and I love it Usually I put bacon, tomato and lots of cheese for the pizza. Of course lots of cheese is the key
@sishy7 (26767)
Yeah, I did put a generous amount of mozzarella cheese on it. I would have kept going if my husband didn't yell "That's enough!"...
@sishy7 That's the pizza I love
I like lots of meat, veggies and cheese
@sishy7 (26767)
Best thing about homemade, we can top the pizza with however much we want to of our favorite toppings...
@thelme55 (11550)
I love home made pizza. I love the tuna topping and of course the one you mentioned above.
@sishy7 (26767)
The nice thing about homemade is that we can do the toppings however way we'd like to...
@thelme55 (11550)
@sishy7 so true. Making the pizza topping makes us creative.