What do you do when you're too busy to write a thoughtful post on MyLot?

Pleasant Hill, California
Do you write something anyway? Do you talk about the weather? Do you complain about too much work? Do you tell us what you had for breakfast? OK, I'll do all of the above. It's 90 degrees out, but I spent most of the day so far in Berkeley, where it was only about 68 degrees. I worked at the preschool, but now I have to go to my other job, where I have progress notes and a time sheet to turn in. I had a blasted bowl of Cheerios for breakfast. Oh, yeah, and I have a softball game at 6 PM this evening, but I don't know if I'm going to make it. Weh wah wah.
I wait until I get a spark of imagination that will get 500 responses. That is the minimum I require.
@kiran8 (15360)
• Mangalore, India
Have you been getting 500 responses Tiara ?
@kiran8 No that was humor Kiran..I think that would be out of this world to get that many
@kiran8 (15360)
• Mangalore, India
@TiarasOceanView True... especially since there are so very many discussions being posted every single day
Often, I will write a lengthy post describing how I want to start a discussion but can't think of what to discuss, and discard several ideas in the post about what I could have written about. Sometimes, I finally get one in the middle of it and finish the post about it, but sometimes I just ramble.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Sometimes I have the brilliant insights, and then realize they're too "out there" for anyone to make sense of, and then I just smoke a cig and brew another cup of coffee instead.
• South Africa
@TheHorse You never know - your "out there" comments might be just what may attract 500 responses! You'll never know if you don't try - so give us an "out there" post and see what happens! [Please?]
@valmnz (12759)
• New Zealand
I don't bother trying if I'm too busy, I'm too busy
• Pleasant Hill, California
I guess I just like to "be in touch," though I could do that with comments on others' posts only.
@valmnz (12759)
• New Zealand
@TheHorse tht's true. I know there are a few here who comment far more often than they write.
Is there a rule they have to be 'thoughtful' posts here....geeze I've been doing it wrong for two years.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Heh. Me too, at least if I want to be read. What are you having for breakfast today? I bought some lox yesterday.
@TheHorse Breakfast - it's almost noon! Planning dinner right now. Lunch is over too.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@AbbyGreenhill Sigh. Well, at least I can infer where in the US you are.
Hope you made it to your softball game.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I did. We're actually 12-0, but I think we're doing it with smoke and mirrors.
@TheHorse - As Al Davis used to say, "Just win, Baby!"
• Pleasant Hill, California
@teamfreak16 Yep. Was it John Madden who said, "Winning is the best deodorant"?
• Richfield, Utah
I name a song that's on my mind! Lol...
• Pleasant Hill, California
Oh, I think I'll listen to Franklin's Tower right now!
• Richfield, Utah
@TheHorse there you go, and you're welcome for the topic idea!
• South Africa
And I will listen to Mumford and Sons with Baba Maal singing "There will be time'
I'll think of something to say just so everyone knows that I'm still around
• Pleasant Hill, California
Heh, maybe that's what I'm doing too.
• South Africa
@TheHorse I am really interested in your work with kids - keep posting please
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
What did you have for lunch though? Inquiring minds want to know! And yes I'm guilty of all of those.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Heh. A croissant! I wonder how many comments I'd get if I posted about computing the depth of a vertical mine shaft by how long it takes for the rock to hit the bottom when you drop it in.
• South Africa
@TheHorse I can do that but you do not need a rock - we have laser measurement now. I would rather have a vertical shaft discussion than a croissant discussion but maybe I am weird? Quick questions - is Pleasant Hill - pleasant (and is there a hill there? Are there an actual places called Twin Peaks iand Salem in the USA and what possessed anyone to vote for your incumbant president?
@manandezo (670)
• Petropolis, Brazil
No, I don't post anything.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I've been doing that too much lately.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
• Pleasant Hill, California
Heh. I had a croissant!
I talk about anything that is on my mind.. what do I have to lose.. either they will comment or not...
• Pleasant Hill, California
But I get frustrated when I wrote a really well thought out post and it gets 12 responses. Makes me want to post about what I had for breakfast.
@TheHorse in that case make another post and the another... it will get their attention.... I still want to know what you had for breakfast.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@CookieMonster46 Heh heh. I'm on my third cup of coffee and still haven't eaten anything. I think I had a bowl of cereal yesterday. How about you?
If we have nothing thoughtful to post, I usually do not post. It is interesting also to spend time reading and commenting. Interacting is the better part of myLot and I do not need to post discussions to discuss with the others.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Actually, I should be more like that. I'm well aware that one need not post to interact. But I feel "compelled" to somehow. Oh well. I can't imagine being on Twitter, where people "post" about the most trivial things.
@TheHorse In the beginning I tried to post at least once a day, now I feel well even posting only once a week.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@LadyDuck I've noticed you don't post that often. But you're excellent at moving about the site and commenting on others' posts. And your own.
LOL, I see you are learning mylot like I am. Thoughtful writing I do save for the blogs, no one wants to read it here
• Pleasant Hill, California
There are a handful who would really get into it, I think. But I admit that I get bogged down in posts that are too long. And some ideas require a few paragraphs to express.
@TheHorse My blogs can be 300 to 1,000 words. LOL, not for mylot. Although I do tell something that happened and I will write a little more, sometimes it gets read with a comment, sometimes not. I do find that I read and comment on more peoples discussion than I get back but that is okay,its not required to comment back.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@andriaperry I'm not sure whether I get or give more comments.
@Sreekala (22874)
Most probably I will wait to get a thoughtful topic to start one. However, when I want to start a discussion just for reaching a payout then I won't wait for a good topic.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Sometimes I just want to stay active even if I'm not feeling inspired.
@Sreekala (22874)
@RubyHawk (25024)
• Atlanta, Georgia
You've had a busy day. How did you squeeze in mylot? I write about whatever pops into my head.
• Pleasant Hill, California
There are usually breaks in my day. Now that the weekend is upon us, I can relax here for a bit.
@RubyHawk (25024)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@TheHorse Good on you. Enjoy your weekend.
• Austin, Texas
I'm never to busy to write a thoughtful post. What do you think I am? A babbler??
• Pleasant Hill, California
I should be able to write about nothing, like Seinfeld, and make it interesting or funny.
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
I try to make even a quick post if I can
• Pleasant Hill, California
I like to be inspired. But sometimes I just spew. And other times I let a good (potential) post go.
I just meander around and comment. I think I will have Cheerios before bed.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I had some lox and washed it down with Scotch.
I do talk about the weather in some posts. I don't complain about work much since I like my job a lot.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Actually, I like my jobs too.
Some days are like that.
• Pleasant Hill, California
This morning, I'm responding away. Not sure if I feel a post gurgling in my lower abdomen or not.