Why brushing teeth at night before sleeping is so hard for you?

@Sreekala (23350)
Dear friends, I believe brushing teeth at night is more important than brushing at morning. I do have the habit of brushing my teeth after the dinner on regular basis. But I am really tired up with children; they can do only on my instructions. Why feeling so hard to do yourself after dinner since you know I won’t let you sleep without brushing the teeth. Do you brush your teeth after dinner?
@else34 (13606)
• New Delhi, India
@Sreekala Yes,I do brush my teeth before leaving for bed,and it takes me 20 minutes to finish the task.Children begin feeling tired and sleepy by night and are in a hurry to jump into bed and fall asleep.They hate "wasting" even a single second in such "useless" and "time consuming" things.LOL!!
@Sreekala (23350)
haha yes, I know but you have to do it. If their mood is good they will do soon after dinner but at times they are too lazy.
@Mamerto32 (697)
• Canlubang, Philippines
Yup, it is SOP before going to bed. I mean it's hard, considering that your body is in a state of shutting down. But brushing is a necessity, as it will save you the toothache.
@Sreekala (23350)
Yes, that is what my son tells, am too tired and need to sleep, I can't brush.
• Canlubang, Philippines
@Sreekala I understand your son's pain :)
@vsai2008 (7689)
I do :) My brother's son is also the same but they are trying hard to inculcate that habit in him
@Sreekala (23350)
My younger son scares a lot cavity when he was younger now he turned 10 years and doing all the possible things to avoid at night.
@vsai2008 (7689)
@Sreekala Make him visit a dentist and let him/her tell the importance Maybe he will take his oral health seriously
@Sreekala (23350)
@vsai2008 He knows all those things dear. He is learning all those in his texts, the problem is he is lazy and sleepy after the dinner. I have to be strict with him that is the only way.
I do brush at night before sleeping. I also do agree that it is difficult to let them brush their teeth at night.
@Sreekala (23350)
very difficult indeed.
@Sreekala Sometimes we can offer the last resort to bribe the children.lol
@Sreekala (23350)
@Shavkat haha but I don't do that. He has a habit, whenever he feel sleep he asks me to hug him, yesterday he was in bed and I asked whether you brushed, he nodded, saying 'no', he was very sleepy but on hearing the refusal of hugging he get up and done the brushing. Very sad if I think that now, but what can I do
@dgobucks226 (12698)
You are so right about brushing teeth before bedtime! I used to skip it when I was a youngster and wound up with a mouthful of cavities to show for it I learned my lesson, I am fanatical about caring for my teeth now
@Sreekala (23350)
This is what I am telling to my children. there is no use of regretting later, but they wish to learn from their experience.
@dgobucks226 (12698)
@Sreekala Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. A quote from Oscar Wilde-Source: Brainy quotes. Unfortunately, mistakes sometimes become our best teacher
@Sreekala (23350)
@dgobucks226 Yes, of course, our mistakes turned to be our teacher
@kiran8 (15354)
• Mangalore, India
Any routine becomes hard to implement , but once the children get into this routine it shouldn't be difficult because you automatically do it like any other ..
@Sreekala (23350)
Some days he can do without any problem but I think when he too tired and sleepy then soon after dinner he wanted to be in bed.
@kiran8 (15354)
• Mangalore, India
@Sreekala I guess that is understandable ...
@Hate2Iron (7954)
I floss and rinse after each meal, but have to admit, I don't brush after each meal.
@Sreekala (23350)
It is not possible after each meal, if we are not at home then it is hard. Morning time I know, all are very particular on that. But night, that is too important.
@Hate2Iron (7954)
@Sreekala So true. I guess that as often as possible is rule of thumb!
@cacay1 (33002)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
We have to brush our teeth including our tongue before and after eating because our tongue in taste bud and left and right sides have billion bacteria.
@Hate2Iron (7954)
Okay, you have convinced me... I will start as of today!!! :)
@Sreekala (23350)
I am not asking them to do after every meals but at night before sleep it is a must to do.
Once morning, once night that is how I do.
@Sreekala (23350)
Exactly, that is you wanted to do.
@prashu228 (25808)
yes , i do brush before going to bed. But i always think who discovered this brushing..from childhood..,and still no answer till now..its a lazy work to do..
@Sreekala (23350)
haha my younger son asks this question more often. who discovered this brushing. His father always scold him for not doing the brushing in a proper way so he gets irritates with this.
@prashu228 (25808)
@Sreekala ..lol..see.. it's a good question indeed..
@spaceseed (2891)
always
@Sreekala (23350)
Good to know that. What about your angel, has she follow this good habit?