I am here at myLot today because....

We all have different reasons for being here. But I am not speaking about why overall, I'm speaking about today specifically. I am here because after days and days in the mid-high 90's with high humidity, we are having a cloudy day with rain showers off and on. I tried not to be here, believe me! There was a break in the action and we went to the pond but after 10 minutes the rain kicked in. Since then we've had thunder, some rain, some fog, tiny pieces of blue sky in the distance - in other words not a pool or outside day. I am also thinking, thinking of how to cook the shrimp by husband so nicely thawed and cleaned. I am leaning toward Teriyaki shrimp and rice. I have a nice big pitcher of sweet tea at the ready. I'll figure out the rest as I go. So, to avoid the vacuum cleaner and the dust rag - I'm here! Why are you here? Photo from Pixabay
• Lakewood, Colorado
I am here to save my sanity period. Good avoid your dust rag and vacuum Abby lol
My husband actually does all the vacuuing....here, the pool, the car - it's all him!
• Lakewood, Colorado
@AbbyGreenhill Okay then well you are just here then.
@TiarasOceanView He does the bathrooms too. I just let him go do his thing.
Its my morning ritual, coffee and mylot. But I am about to go write up a couple blogs and then possibly off to work. Yep, its cloudy and expecting rain today as well.
They keep saying storms later, during the night. I don't care if it rains at night.
I am here because I love coming here every day. I am taking a break from cleaning out closets of unwanted items too.
Moving is always a good time to get rid of stuff. We are in our fourth house in TN and every time we tossed stuff and/or had yard sales.
MyLot participation is a wonderful way to ignore a few chores. I try to do that often.
Yes it is and my husband never questions my time here!
@patgalca (13891)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I'm here because I can't go swimming. I blow dry my hair on Saturdays because I go to church at 5pm.... and on this particular Saturday I am scheduled to read, so again, nice hair. Because the rain has finally stopped (our pool almost overflowed) and the sun is shining. It's a nice day for a swim but, the hair.
I go in the pool every day - I never ever get my hair wet - if I get water in my ear I will have a serious problem because i damaged my ear canal years and years ago. I just paddle around, it's better than sitting inside! I hope the sun is out tomorrow. In the last two weeks my husband had to pump ours down quite a few times. One day I got in the pool and told him we have a deep end and a deeper one!
@patgalca (13891)
• Orangeville, Ontario
@AbbyGreenhill It had been 2 weeks since our pool had been cleaned so hubby did it today which sucked some water out.
@patgalca You mean when he backwashed I guess. My husband back washes at least once a week. We had new sand put in the filter last year and we like to keep it clean
I did all the cleaning I'm going to do today. So now just on here to see who posted articles.
I always cleaned on Saturdays when I worked, now it doesn't really matter.
My husband is working and we are also having a rainy day.
I think a lot of the south is getting some kind of rain today. I hope it's sunny Sunday!
I come here every day because I love being on here.
I know you do, I don't think you miss a day do you!
@valmnz (12574)
• New Zealand
In the past I've often used here or other previous sites to avoid the vacuum cleaner and the dust rag! Why am I here today? Because I actually have time for a change.
You have been super busy as usual!!! Nice to see you sit and relax a little.
@valmnz (12574)
• New Zealand
@AbbyGreenhill I wish I knew how to slow down! I think I was born without brakes.
@KrauseHome (32872)
Well, it is 12:28 a.m. Sitting here winding down for the night, and about to get off here but wanted to do a little posting in here first.
12:28 am - I was hopefully snowing away LOL...at least I know I was sleeping.
@Rianne009 (187)
I am here because i can't sleep and it is already 2:46am here and still awake and want to have someone to talk to but everyone are sleeling by now.
Well you have come to the right place, lots of folks awake here and waiting to cha!
Habit. I have made it part of the daily plan. I do want earnings so I have to put some elbow grease in it.
Yes, you've been here long enough to know you have to work at it LOL!
@spaceseed (2925)
you are enjoying your life. keep it up
Thank you very much, yes I enjoy my life.
@CoralLevang (37351)
I'm here because I saw the big "WHY" button!! What I would do for some rain right about now!
I didn't know you could see it that far away!
@CoralLevang (37351)
@AbbyGreenhill not only do I see things, I hear things! The voices! Can't you hear them?
@CoralLevang Of not, I am the one making the sounds you hear.
@LeaPea2417 (13611)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I am here, because after a day full of activity, I finally have a chance to answer some posts.
I might be here more today since the weather forecast doesn't sound very promising for anything outside.
Here for the same reason: procrastinating on the vacuum.
Several vacs are sitting in the closet useless ...Oh you have Central vac.
@rona07 (1676)
I am here because i remember about the site again. Lol i have an on and off relationship with mylot.
@rona07 (1676)