My FitBit screen is all scratched up

I am NOT happy! A friend at the gym told me to turn it screen-side in whenever Kettlebell cleans were in the workout so the screen wouldn't get scratched. For the most part, I've done that and, when I've forgotten, I've gotten a couple of light marks. Those I could live with. Today we had cleans/presses on the board so my FitBit Charge 2 was turned in. Well, guess what else I had to do? Pick up a 90 pound concrete ball over and over and over again. You have to cradle it, lift it, readjust, and then lift it again up onto a platform. We did this in sets of 3 three times. The screen on my Fitbit is scratched to hell. I am so pissed. I never even thought to move the thing back to the regular position for the Atlas stones. At $179 a pop, I will just have to live with it as I will not be replacing it any time soon.
That's a shame. Can it be repaired? I had a scratched face on my watch and they were able to replace the face.
Doubt it. I'm in touch with FitBit. We'll see what they say.
@NJChicaa I hope it's positive.
Wow sorry to hear that. That is not good and so costly to replace.
I am in contact with FitBit Support. I tweet my displeasure with things often. FitBit is a company that is very responsive. We shall see
@NJChicaa yes I have heard that about them.
Thats alot of money.
No kidding. I have a protection plan on it but I don't think it will cover regular damage. I wetteted the company and they have gotten back to me and have started a case file.
Yes those are not cheap. You will buy another one?