Might Be Repeating Myself, But, Got Caught Again!

@bluesa (7314)
Johannesburg, South Africa
I think I have gone on about this before but well it has just happened again and so I need to vent again!  I got caught again! But then for months now they have been behaving! So actually, Shame On Them, I might have said that before too, but still! They cut the freaking power with no warning to do supposed maintenance! Then they calmly tell us that we will be without power for 8 hours! 8 hours to do maintenance?! I blew my fuse! It is a Sunday, families get together, cook meals  and ta da, no power! From 06:00 till 14:00! With no warning! It, uh, didn't help to blow my fuse, because it didn't help the power magically switch back on, but still, it is the principle of it all! And I had nothing charged, all the batteries were low! So, yes, not a happy camper here! I am going to count till 10 in the endeavour  to calm myself down, if that doesn't work I will count till a thousand, because as I am about to put out this discussion, even after their supposed maintenance they cut the power again! The upside is that we had crisps and garlic bread in the home and at least could eat. And it is a sunny day. I hope everyone will have a better start to their Sunday, that those half way through Sunday are having a good day and for those whose Sunday is almost finished, I hope it was a good day. Take care all.
@Hate2Iron (6902)
They must have a lot of very annoyed people. Did you notice it is always a time that is inconvenient to you but not to them!
Always notice that! But when it's time to pay your electric bill, heaven forbid if you keep them waiting!
@bluesa (7314)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Hate2Iron , annoyed and then some. Yes, I noticed. They simply don't care about our convenience and do what suits them.
@bluesa (7314)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@dgobucks226 you've got that right. It is so frustrating.
That is kind of "stupid" for the place to do maintenance on a Sunday.
@bluesa (7314)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@marlina , yes, I could not agree more, it was extremely stupid of them!
@ridingbet (30217)
Oh my,and you are not from my place and yet you too have power outage?! What a way to spend a family day
@bluesa (7314)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes my friend, they do this each time we least expect it and when it is most inconvenient.
@ridingbet (30217)
@bluesa true, and especially if the power interruption is not announced, we feel like groping in the dark, and we can also say bad words anyhow.
@bluesa (7314)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@ridingbet , oh, I said a lot of bad words
I can understand how you felt. That has happened here too and it is horrible. Saturday is our Sabbath in Israel and so one Saturday all of a sudden all the power went out and it was whole building and I thought we do not cook we use a heating thing that is plugged into the electricity to heat up our food and I was thinking I will have to eat cold food and then all of a sudden it went back on. It is not much fun.
@bluesa (7314)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Hello, @Hannihar . Sorry this has happened to you too. It is no fun and is such a relief when it comes back on.
@bluesa Thank you Catherine. It wasn't fun. All of a sudden the electricity was back on and do not know how but found out that the electric company must have a skeleton crew to make sure we have electricity on our Sabbath.
@bluesa (7314)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Hannihar , thank goodness they got your electricity back on.
@garymarsh6 (11575)
Surely 8 hours is far too long to be without power. What about your freezer and stuff in there. How stupid. It would have been better to time it in the week when most people are out at work surely. Still some dimwit will have been paid lots of money for making that decision! GRRR
@bluesa (7314)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Exactly, Gary, I have friends whose freezers have broken from this. I freak out! They just don't care that they could damage expensive electrical appliances. Yes, they get a bonus every year, but can't notify us when they are going to leave us without power for 8 freaking hours. GRRR
@garymarsh6 (11575)
@bluesa Poor show eh!
@bluesa (7314)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@garymarsh6 , perfectly said!
@cahaya1983 (5857)
Sorry to hear about your day. Must be frustrating especially when they do that without giving a notice in advance. I hope the other half of your Sunday goes well.
@bluesa (7314)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank you @cahaya1983 , it was a total mess and we spent the day trying to catch up with things that needed to be done once the power was back. At least it is back :). I hope your Sunday went well.
@bluesa I had a quiet and relaxing Sunday, so it was nice...thanks!
@bluesa (7314)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@cahaya1983 , that is good. You're welcome.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Oh dear sorry to hear this Catherine! I don't blame you for blowing a fuse. That sucks indeed. I hope it will be on soon ..the power.
@bluesa (7314)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Dear @TiarasOceanView , thank you. It was a very frustrating day. We finally have power back..I hope your day was good.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@bluesa It is an okay day..just okay thanks
@bluesa (7314)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
How annoying and frustrating that must be, especially for such a long time. That seems to happen quite often to you. I hope your mother was okay. Too bad your dinner consisted of crisps and garlic bread, although I would have enjoyed it! lol
@bluesa (7314)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes my dear friend, the crisps and the garlic bread saved the day! After much scrambling and running around, my Mom was okay, thans. I just wish they would warn us.xoxox
@blitzfrick (2995)
Do you keep any food in a fridge or a freezer? Was it the power company that turned off the electricity? Horrible thing to do without warning the customers. Bah.
@bluesa (7314)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, we keep food in a fridge and we were panicking about how this would ruin it. It was the power company and they just could not care of the inconvenience this caused us @blitzfrick I second your "Bah" .
@mandala100 (9967)
@bluesa I feel sorry to hear this my friend. They must have the simple courtesy of informing the customers/users in advanced of such power blackout.
@bluesa (7314)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@mandala100 , thank you, they are not at all considerate to us, we never know when we will sit without power.
@bluesa Yes my friend, very inconsiderate indeed.
@PatZAnthony (10967)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It is odd that they do things like this on a Sunday, isn't it @bluesa
@bluesa (7314)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes @PatZAnthony , it really is odd.
@salonga (27677)
Oh my God you need a lot of self-control in such kind of situation. I wonder how I will handle such situation without blowing my top. How they could do that on a Sunday without even a warning!
@bluesa (7314)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Hi @salonga ! Yes, I lost my temper! They have no respect for us!
@Orson_Kart (3805)
That's shocking! Here in the UK any planned outages have to be with a reasonable notice period. Mmmm garlic bread. Hope you're all sorted now.
@bluesa (7314)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Hi! @Orson_Kart . Yes, it was shocking, they tend to do this, but they had lulled us by behaving for a while. Power is back, thankfully. I hope all is well with you.
Oh how annoying for you Catherine. I can't remember the last time we had a power cut, but how horrendous to be without for all that time.
@bluesa (7314)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Hi, Janet. It it was so darn frustrating. Good that you haven't had a power cut for quite a few years @jaboUK .
@Lucky15 (31240)
Having a great food balances the not so good things ;)
@bluesa (7314)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, @Lucky15 , good food improves a mood ;)
I hope you get back power soon. Do you have any flashlights with batteries? i don't have things that charge but always have a flashlight handy in case of ligts go out. I don't have maintenance people, but it does sometimes go off in strong storms. I make sure all my flashlights are operating and have batteries nearby as I am petrified of the lights going out. Last time last year it was afternoon so no problem with lights! i could see everything. I do charge my cell phone if i hear wind or storms in the forecast!
@bluesa (7314)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank you @Marty1 , we have power back now. And I have candles and flashlights at the ready just in case. It is good you are prepared. I am going to try to keep my phone charged in case they catch us with no warning again.
@louievill (14690)
What a way to spoil a Sunday.
@bluesa (7314)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@louievill , yes, they really messed up the day.
They should have at least given you a warning. It can happen here during a strong thunderstorm.
@bluesa (7314)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Kandae11 , yes, they should have, but they never do. We also lose power during our thunderstorms.
@ilocosboy (20769)
I hope you still have a good Sunday
@bluesa (7314)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank you @ilocosboy . I hope you had a good Sunday too :)