My Sammy Has Gone To Doggie Heaven

Image by HazySue
@HazySue (19512)
We have had a very rough few days. Our little Sammy is no longer with us. It has been devastating. We took him to the vets on the 12th and they told us that he was very close to death. He had a massive tumor on his spleen and it had broken open causing him the bleed internally. They let us know we could maybe get another day or two to spend with him by giving him prednisone but it would be kinder to put him to sleep. It was a hard decision but really, in our minds, there was nor question of what we needed to do. We didn't want him to suffer anymore. It was kinder and a more loving thing to let him go to sleep while we held him and loved him. It broke our hearts but there really was no other choice. He deserved to go with no more pain and sickness. We will be getting his ashes the end of this next week. He was our baby. We will dearly miss him. I still think I hear him moving around at night. We both are devastated by this loss. The picture I used on this post is the last one I took of him. It was taken the day before we lost him. One thing we know for sure, he knew he was loved.
@dragon54u (31546)
I'm so sorry you lost your dear friend. I have had to do this many times myself and I know how much it hurts. How old was Sammy? It doesn't help you right now, but when the pain subsides a little and you start remembering the good times with a smile, you will take comfort knowing you gave him a good life with lots of love and a dignified, painless journey home. I believe he'll be waiting for you when your time comes.
• , New York
It looks like they are all happy there and waiting to reunite with their masters in time.
@HazySue (19512)
@dragon54u Thank you for the picture. He was happy with us and I know he loved us dearly. They do have a way of wrapping themselves around our hearts.
@dgobucks226 (9666)
I've lost a few pets in my time (dogs and cats) and it never gets any easier making that decision to let them go. Take comfort in the fact you did the right thing and stopped his suffering. And remember the joy your pet gave you in your time together. My condolences to you
@HazySue (19512)
Thank you, he was a wonderful pet. He was loving and had a sense of humor. He was great. I know it was the right thing to do but it was so hard to do it. Even now we are missing him terribly.
@HazySue Will you bring yourself to get another pet in the future? I think about getting another pet but am not ready just yet.
@HazySue (19512)
@dgobucks226 It took us 7 months but we do have a little chiweenie. He, like the other dogs we have had comes from a home where he has been badly abused. He is a wonderful little guy.
I am so sorry for the loss of your precious fur baby. It is always so difficult to say good bye to our loved ones. Thinking of your and sending huge hugs.
@HazySue (19512)
I appreciate your thoughts and hugs. I have been unable to answer these comments until now. I am finally able to start moving on.
• Marion, Kansas
Love and respect are the best things we can give our pets. He was lovely but you can see he is not feeling lively in this photo.I am sorry for the loss your family is feeling this week. It will take time to heal I am sure.
@HazySue (19512)
Thank you. He was a wonderful friend that is still sorely missed.
@kobesbuddy (36073)
• East Tawas, Michigan
My heart aches for you, this is a family member you just lost! I've suffered through this before and it hurts, so badly I had my dog put to sleep, it was a kind, loving thing that you chose to do!:)
@HazySue (19512)
I know that now but I have to tell you I still long for my Sammy even though we have a new wonderful little dog named Luke,\.
@HazySue (19512)
@kobesbuddy I do know what you mean. I think a special animal comes into your life that you gage others by.
@kobesbuddy (36073)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@HazySue Micah was my 114 pound redbone hound. He was adorable!
I am sorry for your loss Susan. RIP Sammy.
@HazySue (19512)
Thank you, I know he had a good life with us. He was a happy little boy.
• Pamplona, Spain
So very sorry you lost him. Big hug going out to you too.
@HazySue (19512)
Love the hug. He is in a better place with no pain now. I still miss him.
• Pamplona, Spain
@HazySue I can bet that you do miss him very much so. I am still missing our dog but because I had to give him up to another person who was better able to see to his needs and keep better control of him too. He is happy but I still miss him a lot.
@HazySue (19512)
@lovinangelsinstead21 sometimes we have to do something we don't want to because it is better for them.
How very sad. I am sorry to hear of this. But they all have to go sometime. We get so attached to the little fellows. We had to put our dog to sleep. We took his remains up to a meadow where we used to camp. Buried him there. He will enjoy running and being with the other animals there.
@HazySue (19512)
I know but it is so hard to let go. That was a thoughtful thing to do, bury him in a place he loved.
@HazySue ......It is hard. They are so love worthy.
@HazySue (19512)
@celticeagle they are at that. I have never understood how a person can look at their faces and do such harm to them.
My condolences for your loss, I know exactly how you feel
@HazySue (19512)
I am sure you do. You love for your pets clearly shows in your posts. Thank you.
At least we both have new furbabies to somewhat soothe the pain of our losses @HazySue
@HazySue (19512)
@rebelann Aren't we lucky?
@Blondie2222 (20985)
I'm so sorry for your loss. Atleast he is not in any pain anymore and he will be with you in your heart and watching over you. Praying for you and the family it's hard to lose anyone close to you, pets our like a family members to us. Praying you get thru the week & if you need anything please let us know.
@HazySue (19512)
He was such an funny, happy, endearing dog. I loved him from day one. After all the abuse he suffer before we got him he was still able to reach deep inside himself and find the strength to give us love and devotion.
@Blondie2222 (20985)
@HazySue yeah it's amazing the love that pets can give us humans and we get attached easy. It's hard losing one as it's like losing a family member. Hope you can find peace and know he's up in doggy heaven having a good ole time with the other pups up there. I'm sure he's looking down on you also.
@HazySue (19512)
@Blondie2222 I do know that he is no longer in pain and that is a very good thing.
That is so sad. I'm so sorry you had to put Sammy down. I've done it twice and it hurts so much because they are so much a part of your life. Hugs
@HazySue (19512)
It is a hard thing to do but, it sometimes is the only thing you can do. we still miss him.
@HazySue You will miss him. Rascal has been gone for several years, and Pip for two and I miss them both.
@HazySue (19512)
@just4him It does take a long time to be able to move on some. They do tend to wrap themselves around your heart.
I am so sorry It must have been hard. YOu are a better person than me as i can;t put a pet to sleep. I am hoping my hamster, Marty doesn't die as I too would be lost without him as he is my best friend ever like you and sending healing thoughts your way. Try to think of better days with that adorable Sammy. He certainly was a cute little dog! From the looks of how sweet he looks can see why you loved him so much
@HazySue (19512)
It is so very hard to let them go but sometimes you have to. I hope Marty is still with you. It is heartbreaking to lose a pet that is so loved.
@HazySue (19512)
@Marty1 I am glad you have another pet to love. It does seem to help. Sorry about Marty.
@HazySue Yes, I do love my kitten Onyx! he is a special kitten!
I'm so sorry. Must be really tough
@HazySue (19512)
It has been very tough. I am finally able to answer these comments without tears.
@HazySue aw. So sorry its hurt so much. But understand it.
@HazySue (19512)
@Courtlynn thanks
@silvermist (18041)
I am sorry that you lost your Sammy.
@HazySue (19512)
It was a hard thing for us to let him go.
@silvermist (18041)
@HazySue Yes,but we had to let go.There is no other way.
@vsai2008 (7667)
My condolences It must have been very hard but you did good :)
@HazySue (19512)
I do know we did the right thing. Sometimes doing the right thing is the hardest thing to do.
@vsai2008 (7667)
@HazySue I agree with you..it is really hard but time heals and you will move on
• , New York
May he be happy and look down upon you in heaven.
@HazySue (19512)
I am sure he is. He'll be waiting for me when my time comes.
So sorry to hear this. You did the loving thing.
@HazySue (19512)
It was a hard thing to do but it was the kindest thing we could do for him.
So sorry to hear that you lost your precious Sammy. It's difficult to lose a beloved pet
@HazySue (19512)
We do become so attached to our pets. The unconditional love they give us is one of the things that we miss so much.
My condolences may his soul rest in peace.
@HazySue (19512)
At least we know he is no longer in pain.
Hi Susan, Sorry for your loss and do take care.
@HazySue (19512)
Thanks, we are still missing him even now.