Sunday bliss for The Horse!

Pleasant Hill, California
No, I didn't go to Church, but I did engage in one of those behaviors that gives me great pleasure, something I don't do every day, though I could if I wanted to. Specifically, I vacuumed. I've been working on a pair of JBL L-100 loudspeakers for a "client," and that means a lot of sanding. A lot of sanding means a lot of dust. Someone is coming over to pick up a KLH Model 22 loudspeaker for $40. I thought it would be a good time to vacuum. Has anything brought you joy today? I'm heading to a music BBQ later in the day. Should be fun, but I'm not sure if vacuuming can be topped.
I have all hardwood floors so I do not have the joy of vacuuming.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I am SO sorry! But I do like hardwood floors.
I wish I had all hardwoods here.
@TheHorse Especially if you keep them looking nice which I try to do.
I did not go to Church either, but this statue of the "Ecstasy of Saint Teresa" by Michelangelo is beautiful. I have worked a lot in the garden yesterday. I had all the area going down to the small river to clean from moss and weeds. It still needs a little work, but is 75% done.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Sounds like a productive day. I take it it wasn't 101 F there, as it was here. I wound up taking a kid client out, which I don't usually do on a Sunday. It was too hot for hiking, so we went shopping.
@TheHorse It's not very hot here, it is even below the average, but I like this temperature.
Vacuuming does not bring me joy, I am guessing that $40 is a good price for the speaker? Since I do not know all the prices of things like speakers. Building something makes me happy, or redoing a run down house. Have fun today.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Redoing a rundown house sounds ambitious! But I'm sure I'd enjoy it. As you know, I like on-going projects. Yes, $40 is reasonable for the speaker. I think I got it for close to free. All I did was refinish the surfaces.,
@TheHorse Back a few years now, I used to go to the thrift stores and find nice real wood furniture and either strip and apply a clear coat or paint them and resell them. I would rather do houses now BUT I plan to buy fix and sell no more rentals. Once I stopped at this little roadside shop and bought 4 dining room chairs for $30, I cleaned them up with just soap and water and used them for years and years. Then I bought a new set and sold those at a yard sale and ya know who to? The same guy that I bought them for and for $30!
• Pleasant Hill, California
@andriaperry Oh, that's a good story! I wonder if something like that will ever happen to me in the speaker world! But I bet your community is smaller than mine.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Vacuuming is fun. Glad you got pleasure out of it. Yes I do not experience joy but something is making me content shall we say. Today my son has now adjusted settings on the 4K tv so the movies are looking even more fabulous. To tune this tv on the settings is somewhat of a science project..so he is able to do this, while I am not.
• Pleasant Hill, California
If I ever get a smart phone, I'm going to have to find a teenager to help me learn to use it.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@TheHorse I'd be the same
• Pleasant Hill, California
@TiarasOceanView A 20-something would probably suffice, now that I think about it.
@Gillygirl (15216)
• Sutton, England
I did the vacuuming but seeing Freder win Wimbledon was better.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Oh, I haven't been following Wimbledon.
@Gillygirl (15216)
• Sutton, England
@TheHorse It was good but the final only took 1 hour forty minutes which is fast.
I actually love to vacuum, but don't care for dusting much
• Pleasant Hill, California
Dusting doesn't move me in the same way. It feels like I'm just moving the dust from one place to another.
@spaceseed (2930)
here we do brooming only
• Pleasant Hill, California
No vacuum cleaners? I simply could not survive there!
@dragon54u (31185)
Vacuuming is not on my list of enjoyable things to do! I rent a house that has tile throughout so there's a lot of sweeping and mopping involved. The closest I can come to the feeling you get after making the carpet fresh and clean is finishing an article that I'll get paid for. It's work, but there's a reward at the end. In your case the reward is a beautiful room that looks and smells clean. In my case it's compensation for my creativity and research. I have never gotten much gratification from housework although I was a housewife/mom for 19 years.
@blitzfrick (2997)
Wow, you chose the Ecstasy of St Teresa as an illustration. I had a whole nother idea of what you might have done for your pleasure. I wish vacuuming made me feel all St Teresa-ish, woohoo!
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search For the Czech band, see The Ecstasy of Saint Theresa (band). Ecstasy of Saint Teresa Artist Gian Lorenzo Bernini Year 1647–52 (1647–52) Catalogue 48 Type Sculpture Medium Marble Dimensions L
• Midland, Michigan
Funny that you'd enjoy vacuuming more than a music get-together. I'm working on cleaning out my basement, and while it's not making me blissful, I'm glad I'm finally accomplishing something down there. It's needed to be done for ten years or more. We got rid of stuff some years ago, but whenever I'm thinning stuff out upstairs a lot tends to get put into the basement until we decide what to do with it. I'm hoping to go through bookkeeping stuff too to put into bags for shred day at the bank next year. Have fun at the barbecue. Hopefully you don't daydream about vacuuming while there, lol.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Heh heh. I'll probably get into the music. I need to throw stuff out too! I'm going to wait for a cooler day, though.
• Midland, Michigan
@TheHorse It's cooler here for a change. We don't have air, but our basement is usually cooler than the main level. I asked for the weekend off to get some of this started, and I've been doing it off and on. I need to get back at it again shortly.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@MarshaMusselman Slow and steady, says the Wise Horse. I hope you get a lot done!
I've heard a few people have a lot of pleasure in vacuuming. I'm glad it gives you great pleasure.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Maybe its because you can really see the results of what you do. I used to like mowing the lawn too.
@TheHorse You can see the results the way the vacuum brushes the carpet and leaves marks where it's been, the same with a lawn mower, you can see those lines for a couple days until the grass grows long again.
@Lucky15 (33638)
Yesterday was great. My sister's birthday and despite the rain, we had fun ;)
• Pleasant Hill, California
Glad you had fun! What did you do?
@Lucky15 (33638)
@TheHorse the best part with birthday parties is...eating yeah, great food(noodles was great) and have some chitchats with my siblings
@silvermist (14869)
So vacuuming is better than attending a music BBQ?
• Pleasant Hill, California
Vacuuming is one of my great joys in life.
@silvermist (14869)
@TheHorse So your home will always be neat.
@jobelbojel (4004)
We have hard wood floor back home so no worrying about vacuum. Today, my roommate bought an ice cream. I don't know how many ml. I didn't like the taste of the chocolate but it was refreshing.
• Pleasant Hill, California
What's the best way to keep a hardwood floor clean?
No, not yet. I'm still trying to wake up.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Well, that's a good thing in and of itself!
Vacuuming does wonders for the soul!!!
• Pleasant Hill, California
Indeed it does! I may do it again, just for pure pleasure.
• Riga, Latvia
Enjoy the BBQ. Just a quiet day at home here and it is coming to a close at 8 PM already
@Blondie2222 (16363)
My house needs a good cleaning too but I have not been home this weekend & I'm going to be gone next weekend also. Hoping to get some done during the week before work. I spent the day with my sister and niece today it was wonderful. Have fun at the music bbq.
@valmnz (12595)
• New Zealand
You need to be caed and labelled as one of the rare specimens in the world. Who else likes vacuuming!!! But i do enjoy the satisfaction of how the floor looks once its done.
y you have to be idding v acumming can b e t o pped by almost ajy thjng lol