Faster Than the Speed of Light

Image: Pixabay.com
@Ceerios (4432)
Goodfellow, Texas
Faster Than the Speed of Light - I JUST NOW read an interesting piece that spoke to the subject of things like the speed of light, gravity, and some other similar stuff. It was all very mysterious and not that easy of understanding. That last part, the difficulty experienced in understanding this mysterious information, caused me to think about thinking - sort of about thinking, that is... Let us say that you had some kind of thought (about anything). You describe your thought to me. Because I am reasonably "sharp" about most things, I "get it" about your thought. Not after thinking about what you tell me. Right away. You had a thought. You told me your thought. I understood your thought as though it was my very own thought. Not after considering your thought for a moment, but right away, instantly. INSTANTLY is much faster than the speed of light, right? Move over, Brother Einstein. Only kidding, Dear Mill Otters (MyLotters) Image: Pixabay.com
You are deep in thought with this one, my friend. I will agree that instantly has to be much faster than the speed of light. My brain hurts due to the deep thought you have presented here.
@Ceerios (4432)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@Corbin5 - Humble apologies, Ms Deborah. I really had no intention of causing your brain to hurt - maybe an eye-blink or the like. -Gus-
• Pleasant Hill, California
But does anything happen instantly?
@Ceerios I have recovered, my friend. Small brains like mine recover quickly.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Nah, because understanding involves neurons in the brain, and neural impulses do not travel at the speed of light. Both electrical and chemical activity is involved.
@Ceerios (4432)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@TheHorse - "Git'Up there Horsie ... I had a neural impulse onetime. Never again. I was severely punished instantly because it was brainwaved straight to the First Sergeant. You live and you learn, right? -Gus-
• Pleasant Hill, California
@Ceerios Sergeant? Brain waves are discouraged. "Yes, Sir!"
@Ceerios (4432)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@TheHorse - Howdy again, Horse - Was I discouraged? You bet I was. In basic training I had learned that "Sergeants do not emit brain waves. (No brains - No brain waves, right?) -Gus-
@Tracy04 (6170)
Interesting post.
@Ceerios (4432)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@Tracy04 - Why not? (It would be "null" to be dull.) -Gus-
@sabtraversa (6200)
The only way to test speed decently, in this case, is to use longer distances. So, let's suppose we're half light year of distance. If you light a fire, I will see that in six months. If I describe you my thought (telepathically), you should take less than six months to get it. You might take three weeks to understand it properly, but that's still faster than light.
@Ceerios (4432)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@sabtraversa - Ms Sabrina - YOUR computer mind is working very well today. Like downhill on ice... -Gus-
• Lakewood, Colorado
haha Mill Otters..LOVE that. I get you as fast as my old brain will compute
@Ceerios (4432)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@TiarasOceanView - Kind of like making the old gray mare gallop up Pike's Peak backwards, right? -Gus-
Yes, you've hit the nail on the head Gus
@Ceerios (4432)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@jaboUK - Ms Janet - I think that I hit WITH my own head and gave myself a typing headache. -Gus-